Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Masquerade Mergoggles

Love the design, Zen! It seems an useful idea
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Seavanna I hope you don't mind, but I was inspired by your mask to decorate my own goggles. Not as beautiful as the mask, but I think it's still beter then nothing:

Name:  1525774_283430585138325_725316343_n.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  162.0 KB

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    I did something similar, Marijke! I may need to pick up some fake pearls and beads - all I did was add a few rhinestones! Those look very pretty!

These are so pretty marijke!! I bet the pearls will look like little bubbles underwater

Leeeeeuuuuuuvvveh! <3

Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    I want to add tiny shells here and there and then it's finished. =) These goggles were fairly cheap, so I might buy another one to try out the mask idea.

Senior Member Pod of The South MermanZen's Avatar
    Thanks Claudia I hope others might show their own ideas too these could be big in the Mer community

oh I love the idea. I wear contacts and haven't gotten too much into things on becoming a mermaid. I was trying to think of a way of being able to see and still have a look down and this is perfect! Might play around with my own ideas a bit, but I hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke Pie View Post
    Seavanna I hope you don't mind, but I was inspired by your mask to decorate my own goggles. Not as beautiful as the mask, but I think it's still beter then nothing:

Name:  1525774_283430585138325_725316343_n.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  162.0 KB
    It's beautiful. I've thought of doing the same kind of thing. What kind of glue did you use? I'm afraid of the beads and what not falling off. I assume something like A6000 would work, but not sure it holds when wet.

Used E6000, it holds up well. Only lost a few crystals. The pearls attach better then the crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke Pie View Post
    Used E6000, it holds up well. Only lost a few crystals. The pearls attach better then the crystals.
    Thank you. I'm hoping to try it out myself soon. I have tons of beads sitting around that could work.

I want to make something like this, but I can't choose just one design to make. so many ideas, so few goggles
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Member Pod of Texas mermaid_ashes's Avatar
    Add mermaid_ashes on Facebook
    Hate to coppy marjike but im SO doing this with my googles. Its perfect!

This is a fantastic idea. I was just wondering yesterday what I could do to make my goggles blend more. I was considering going steampunk! lol

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteWalker View Post
    This is a fantastic idea. I was just wondering yesterday what I could do to make my goggles blend more. I was considering going steampunk! lol
    Steampunk would probably look great for diving goggles. The steam/industrial period was at the tail end of the age of sail, after all. Just think of all the brass, copper, and wood fixtures on a ship.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    Steampunk would probably look great for diving goggles. The steam/industrial period was at the tail end of the age of sail, after all. Just think of all the brass, copper, and wood fixtures on a ship.
    I figured some leather, brass seahorse charms...some shells.... lol

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Be sure to use faux leather, real leather would not be fun to get wet!
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    Be sure to use faux leather, real leather would not be fun to get wet!
    Why is that? I get real leather wet all the time, it doesn't hurt it at all.

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    If you are just using it as trim, it may not be so bad, but real leather can shrink when it dries, if it gets wet.