Thread: Ariel seashell bra?

Ariel seashell bra?

Hi! I am going to cosplay Ariel at a con which will take place on October 1st. I do have a bra, with shells made by Lisa Fabio, but the shells are very, very large! So I want to make my own. I'm not very busty, frankly, I'm a Norwegian A cup, which probably is an AA cup in the USA... So I'm thinking of making some smaller shells. But what materials shall I use? I saw someone making them of clay, but that's too heavy, and wood would take too long.
    Do you have any ideas? Has anyone here made their own Ariel bra before?

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Have you looked at the guide on making sea shell bras? Its posted in the how to section: how to section.

You can find it if you go to "Home", then click "Making Tails", right below the home button.

Oh, thanks!
    But I was thinking of the Disneyland version with handmade seashells, not actual seashells. I think I'm going to try with polymer clay.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    You could paint the real shells purple to make them look like the disney version...
    or I just thought of some people on esty who sells tops

Click here for bikini top--> http://www.etsy.com/listing/62974572/mermaid-bikini-top-sale?ref=sr_list_21&ga_search_query=ariel+top&ga_v iew_type=list&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmad e&ga_facet=handmade

Click here for fake purple shells--> http://www.etsy.com/listing/84027341...facet=handmade
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    Polymer clay sounds like it would work really well. You could make the shells to perfectly conform to your body so they wont rub. I've heard that shells can be a bit rough on the more sensitive bits that they cover....

Quote Originally Posted by taom View Post
    Polymer clay sounds like it would work really well. You could make the shells to perfectly conform to your body so they wont rub. I've heard that shells can be a bit rough on the more sensitive bits that they cover....
    Maybe pasties could cover the more sensitive areas to add a buffer zone?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    That's another idea! Nice thinking!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    The ones made for disney were sculpted, molded and then cast using a plastic.

I did an Ariel inspired top but I used a bra and actual shells.

Chesapeake Pod
    ^ I love that! Beautiful! U did a GREAT job
    Seriously, u should consider selling stuff like that!
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Pod of The South
    I will say, the ones the girls wear at the parks are made by cup size, and are fitted to the bras with velcro (so they can be washed), and each is very "bowl-like" to completely cover the girls' assets LOL
    (I used to work at WDW in costuming, and got to examine them closely one day while no one was watching LOL)

Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*

Chesapeake Pod
    no wonder mine didnt fit....