Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Merberry Customer on DA

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Sad Merberry Customer on DA

So, I saw this beautiful mermaid photo on deviantart...

I thought it was pretty, then we had this sad conversation:

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 877
Size:  92.1 KB

Here's what her link leads to (click to see full size)

....lame

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    :/
    sad to think someone blows that much money, only to be disappointed.
    I'm glad she managed to re-do it in such a nice way though.

Yeah, good for her for turning that one around.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

She did a beautiful job fixing it! I love the pearls and her paint job is much better

I wish she would post on here but she won't so... Without naming names, I know someone with a blue Merberry tail and it's got all the problems this mer's tail has and then some. It's completely non-functional as it has no drainage holes whatsoever and must be made out of neoprin because it keeps stretching without going back to its original shape. It's only been worn a handful of times but it's got holes in it, embedded hairs from either people or animals, tears, thin spots... And Merberry refuses to issue a refund. :/
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    So, I saw this beautiful mermaid photo on deviantart...

Her tail looks a lot like yours in this picture. Coloring and such.

Member North Pacific Pod Oceana's Avatar
    Add Oceana on Facebook
    Follow Oceana on Tumblr
    Her tail problems are exactly the same problems that my friend is having with hers (currently fixing the tail for her.) It's also interesting to note that their tails are completely matte, which I find interesting
    Oceana, Mermaid of the Canadian Pacific

Click here to follow my adventures on Facebook!

I just want my 500$ back Q.Q
    I made my own post about merberry a while ago. long story short; I had some personal issues that impacted me having a tail, asked for a refund and she agreed. That was around mid August to early October. The last email I had received was October 10th. Saying that they had a "confirmed investor" and I would be getting my refund in a few weeks. The email wasn't even from Amanda herself, it was her friend. Fast forward to now. I emailed a week ago, and once again yesterday. This morning I messaged Amanda herself and even her assistant. She can't even play the "my internet isn't working" card because her facebook posts are public, and she seems to post almost everyday. Every single one of my messages have been polite and well worded and don't sound aggressive at all. I just really want a reply? is that such a difficult thing to do?
    In the event I never get a reply ever, is there a type of internet police or something I can file to someone to get my money back? I bought it on etsy, with my debit card(which I regret not using paypal). I just never thought it would turn out to be this frustrating.

Hello.
    The same person who made your tail just screwed over my friend.
    She had her tail for 3 days before it completely tore apart. We sent it back because she said she would fix it and now she has our money, the tail, and is refusing any type of communication with us and we are looking for help where we can find it.

I am thinking your "refund" is my friend's purchase.
    She purchased a tail for the same price and she didn't talk to her about a refund she only talked about getting her tail "fixed" and we haven't heard anything back.
    I have contact information and we are taking action if you would like to join us.
    I am persistent and I will not be ignored. You shouldn't either.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Hi all, it's me in that picture. I haven't posted on this community before because I was so sad and disappointed I thought I wasn't able to give a fair review. Well screw that, no review will ever describe how sad this tail makes me. This past sunday I had my first swim in my tail (I love swimming like a mermaid, although I need to work on my technique)

<a href="http://youtu.be/Dpd9gUW9Tjs" target="_blank">

As if I hadn't had enough trouble with this tail, it now completely falls apart. The latex coalking falls of the neoprene.

Name:  P1060042_small.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  369.1 KB

The painting wasn't done by myself btw, a friend of mine did this. So I paid her 250 euro's for completely repainting it and adding loads of pearls and crystals to hide the mistakes. So in the end this tail cost me 750 euro's and all that for a lousy tail. I was planning a big underwater photoshoot but I guess I first have to save up for a new tail (by Merbella's of course =) )
    I actually started a crowd funding for my tail: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/me...tail/x/5761081

What was al wrong with this tail?
    Well at first it was switched with someone else's tail, so when I ordered my tail in July 2012, I finally received it in January 2013. The mono fin was way to small (Finis wave mono fin, my feet are a size 9) and was put in skewed. Also the seems are off, one side is way higher then the other side. The seems at the waist were loose Name:  P1020072_small.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  281.1 KB Name:  P1020069_small.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  291.8 KB

I replaced the mono fin myself (put in a finis foil which I think is a nice mono fin for it's price)

All in all a sad little mermaid =(

it looks like neoprin to me, and identical to what we experienced with my caulking+ neoprin tail because the neoprin keeps stretching it pulls the caulking apart.

I'm so sorry you went through all of this

Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Just had a friend take a look at it (she was also the one who painted the tail and decorated it with pearls and crystals) But my tail is really end of story. No matter how much I would "fix it up" it'll fall apart every time. =( I've been sad all week because of this. Selling a lot of stuff to buy either a finfolk or merbella tail. (can't make a decision) So 2014 is a year of all saving up (and getting scuba diving lessons =D ) to hopefully buy a tail that won't fall apart and will make my dream come true!

So I just read this from Amanda (Merberry) I really hope she keeps her word =)

Name:  Schermafbeelding 2013-12-21 om 20.16.04.png
Views: 528
Size:  100.2 KB

I had that problem. Tail started falling about but it's been in the closet for about a year and I've worn it maybe 5times?

Also my tail is turning green at the scales and black where the monofin is and it's stinking..
    The SeaGlass Siren

Well you should contact Amanda. She's going to pay everyone back as soon as she's able to. (moving to a smaller home to get the money more quickly) That's what she said to me. (with a whole explanation about paying back)

if a tail smells that's usually mold, if it's a whole year later.

That's baaaad ;-; I've only used it for dry events. I guess I should throw it out...?
    The SeaGlass Siren

I think you should contact Amanda first. And maybe you can repair the tail? Or salvage it?