"On a side note, I really do expect within the next ten years to read a news story about someone being burried in their tail at their own request. It just seems like one of those things that's inevitable, eventually."...well when i was at the hospital and thinking i'd die my mom asked me if i did die if i wanted just that...well i didn't even talked about it ever she just thinked for herself it would suit her young and may to soon be gone mer obsessed daughter the best...hopefully i didnt have to as i comed back in better shape (tough still not fully healed and with possible recidive but nothing life threatening as least for now it seems)...that was pretty touching to me. Still, on a more matter of fact note cadavers on the ocean are pretty fast eated by scavengers indeed and if mermaids are very pro nature and all well why would they oppose dying as nutriments for other beings making the cycle of life continue? I think that would precisely be what a mermaid funeral a real fantasy mermaid one i mean would look like to my opinion.