Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i have a crazy idea

That pool you linked though, the upkeep is what's killer. There's a nearby pool that's a little bit smaller than that and costs for the chlorine/water upkeep and the like is a good $10,000+ a month. I don't recall the exact numbers, but it's pricey as hell. I'd ask around your area at nearby pools what their overhead is.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I think you put a few too many nulls on there.
    Unless a pool is built in a fashion that spells economical and energetical desaster, the monthly upkeep for a smallish, but correctly built private pool is around 200-300€.

If a public pool is ten times as big (most are smaller than that, but let's just say 10 times for easier calculation), that'd mean an upkeep of around 2-3 grand per month.

To reach 10 thousand upkeep, you'd need at least 3 sizable pools in a complex.

Edit: unless you've already calculated in all costs of the buildings and facilities, and personnel wages as well.
    In that case, the costs will indeed be close to 10000 or more, depending on the number of pools.
    Last edited by Echidna; 11-22-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Add Pascal21M on Facebook
    Ok how much will cost a internet page for our project to present our project??

Senior Member Euro Pod
    How much users are here registered?
    PS: We canask the professional mermaid if they will help us

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal21M View Post
    How much users are here registered?
    Not sure what this has to do with your idea, unless you somehow plan to do this as an equivalent to the US "Mer Resort", and actually expect the members of MN to finance your project
    I don't think this is feasible, mostly because no one will want to invest in something they'd have to travel to.

If you seriously wish to start this as a business, you should
    1) work out a detailed plan of the facilities (how many pools, equipped with what extras, suited for whom)
    2) evaluate the costs (work this out with architects, pool builders, and technicians)

and then present this project, preferably at the municipality where you want it to be.
    If you market the idea right (an innovative, unique new fun water park with mermaids as attraction), they might decide to subsidize it.

I hope you're not imagining putting up a kickstarter on the web will be enough to get the funds for a project as expensive as that.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Sure ill work this out but i hope somebody will help me doing that. I think the Chiemsee will be a nice place where the project can start cause its a touristical place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal21M View Post
    Sure ill work this out but i hope somebody will help me doing that.
    I'm not trying to be rude, but you can't just assume that.

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    You will be better off to get your plans worked out first, like Caltuna said, so that when people ask 'how are you doing this?', you have something concrete and well-thought out to show them. Otherwise, most folks are going to say 'Nice dream, good luck with it!', rather than offering to help. It is YOUR crazy idea, so take the responsibility for it and get your research and planning done, then people may say it is not a crazy idea at all!! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Echinacea View Post
    You will be better off to get your plans worked out first, like Caltuna said, so that when people ask 'how are you doing this?', you have something concrete and well-thought out to show them. Otherwise, most folks are going to say 'Nice dream, good luck with it!', rather than offering to help. It is YOUR crazy idea, so take the responsibility for it and get your research and planning done, then people may say it is not a crazy idea at all!! Good luck!
    Thank you Echi because those words were exactly my thoughts.
    Not my intention to be rude but i have been baffled with this thread since the beginning and not at all convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude, but you can't just assume that.
    I agree with Yulia. Never say that again when you present a business plan, it's a desperate move.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    Not my intention to be rude but i have been baffled with this thread since the beginning and not at all convinced.
    Yea, actually from the beginning, I wasn't sure whether this is a troll thread, but I wanted to give the OP the benefit of doubt

At any rate, it's up to him to make a plan and get it all worked out.
    If someone else did that, it'd be their idea and plan and not his...

i have a crazy idea

Quote Originally Posted by Echinacea View Post
    ↑this. It isn't our job to collect all the information and do all the research for you. That your job, you should be selling the idea to US. I get you wanting a partner in this, but maybe you need to find someone near by who shares the same dream to help you out. Do some googling around, compare prices and multiple business plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Senior Member Euro Pod
    I know it isnt your job. But i wanna find somebody who have the same idea and help me. I have not all experience for that thats the second point why i need help

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Ok ill make a plan