Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mermaids in Minnesota

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Pod of Texas
    Pod of the Great Lakes

Smile Mermaids in Minnesota

Hey LAdies!

So while it seems like there isnt an official Pod for the MN area yet, I am goingo to try to help that get settled soon and in the mean time would love to know how many Mers there actually are in MN that are in this site?

If you are in MN, could you say hi and share where in MN you are?

I think we can include the Dakotas and part of WI as well, like on the POD map.
    I would love for us to get a bit more organized and figure out where we are so we can start planning some meet ups!

So, to start:

Mermaid Meko, White Bear Lake, MN

I'm from Wisconsin and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here I would love to meet some more mermaids that live near by! I've been wanting to start a thread like this for a while.

“Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.”

Formerly known as Mermaid Eva

Member Pod of Cali
    Hey there,

I'm in Minneapolis!
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… - Emerson

>{

www.facebook.com/
    TheModernMermaid

http://sirenizeme.wordpress.com/

Well, I'm no mermaid, but I'm working at becoming a merman.. and I'm located in Wisconsin!

Hey yall - I'm a bit late to this thread, BUT I am in Minnesota AND Wisconsin! Checkin' in.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    I have family in Minnesota

Rogers,MN here and reporting for duty.

I am here in Eden Prairie and am looking to meet other mers to swim with.

yeah! we should maybe try and plan a pod meet'n'swim, eh?

Yeah totally!

Is there a pool in the metro area that is mer friendly?

I'm not sure, but I was thinking about looking into the Hudson YMCA cause it's kinda the in-between point for MN/WI...otherwise once summer comes I'm sure we could pick any number of lakes?

Everyone on my dads side lives in Minnesota/Wisconsin. We visit a lot during the summer! (: most are I the st.paul/Minneapolis area and some of them live in Sommerset, WI (like 25-30 min away I think?)

Sommerset isn't too far, how about a mer picnic?

That would be so fun! I'll let you guys know next time were heading up that way(:

I'm still looking for merfriendly pools in the metro - any of yall know of any already?

Haven't heard of any, but will let you know when I do!

SooOOOooo today so far I have called 35 different places through Roberts, River Falls, Hudson, Stillwater, and Saint Paul. Of those 7 have open swim/indoor pools - but only 3 seem merfriendly.

I plan on calling Bloomington, Mpls, etc. later today - but thought I'd share my findings so far.

Interestingly River Falls and a little bit of Stillwater were by far the nicest and most helpful people I've talked to. So kudos on them!!