Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For The Love Of Scuba

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook

For The Love Of Scuba

Hey guys so I just wanted to start a thread where you can share your diving pictures ! Pictures of fish or of you and your buddies diving ! I'll start it off with a pic of me and my customer Michael who was quite nervous about the dive but did very well for a first time diver in the open water. I saw these pics and it reminded me how much I love to teach scuba and it's because I get to open up a while new world to people, help them to overcome their fears and I just find it so rewarding anyhoo hope to see your pictures soon !

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  156.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    i want to be a diver. my only fear is the test! i herd you have to do a certain amount of laps without stopping and geez i dont think i could do it.

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Hey ! the swim test is done at the start of the pool session to make sure your fit enough to take part - its 200 meters but you can do any kind of swim stroke you want! you can do it all in backstroke ! I always encourage people to take their time - pace yourself its not a race and honestly ive had customers of all ages , physical abilities and most people manage it without any trouble ... some folk feel a bit tired after it but thats only when they try and blast it out fast as they can ! dont let a silly swim hold you back from experiencing whats below the surface x
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Yeah, joker, Melanie is right. You an doggie paddle, float slowly on your back, whatever. It can take as long as you want. Easiest swim test in the world as long as you are physically capable of swimming. Two people dropped out of my certification class, but one was an older woman who had breathing problems and one was an extremely obese man. They were not able to do it because of serious physical challenges, but as long as you can paddle slowly or swim slowly on your back, it's really pretty easy. It's hard to fail, too--the point is not to make you fail, so people will encourage you and give you another chance if for some crazy reason you can't do it. They gave the really heavy guy like three tries on different days, but he was just too out of shape (he was SERIOUSLY obese).
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Name:  339272_824745062272_528543702_o.resized.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  243.3 KB

This is in an aquarium. It was taken by a friend with a GoPro.

Junior Member Pod of New England merlounge's Avatar
    In the spirit of winter, how about an under ice dive!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Melanie View Post
    Hey guys so I just wanted to start a thread where you can share your diving pictures ! Pictures of fish or of you and your buddies diving ! I'll start it off with a pic of me and my customer Michael who was quite nervous about the dive but did very well for a first time diver in the open water. I saw these pics and it reminded me how much I love to teach scuba and it's because I get to open up a while new world to people, help them to overcome their fears and I just find it so rewarding anyhoo hope to see your pictures soon !

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  156.1 KB
    Kudos to Michael for braving it up. It really is very rewarding to teach scuba diving then seeing your students being good at what they are doing. It makes you appreciate more and feel proud of your profession.
    Last edited by seafairy; 07-25-2014 at 01:59 AM.
    Home to the world's best selection of scuba dive equipment and accessories.

Thanks Seafairy ! I have met some really amazing people through scuba and thanks for reminding me about this thread ! Will post more pics asap ! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Melanie View Post
    Thanks Seafairy ! I have met some really amazing people through scuba and thanks for reminding me about this thread ! Will post more pics asap ! X
    No, thank you! Thank you for sharing your knowledge on scuba diving because it's no easy profession but you are there, helping people out. Looking forward to more of your stories and pictures.
    Home to the world's best selection of scuba dive equipment and accessories.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    I don't even remember that part of my certification test 🏊

If I can pass the swim test ANYONE can!

Name:  Edited scuba.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  67.5 KB This is the only picture of me diving.

Prior to my surgery I never thought I'd be able to SCUBA due to my breathing and sinus issues, I'm planning on starting next spring or summer when I'm completely healed.

I used to teach scuba lessons at a kids club and they were just great so much fun !

Name:  IMG_0086.JPG
Views: 379
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0088.JPG
Views: 377
Size:  49.9 KB

Mermaid Melanie,awesome sharing. I liked your post and images. I also had great interest in learning diving. I know some basic things about it but I want to get complete training of diving. Can you tell me about some best diving schools in USA?

Hey Eaton! Glad you liked it ! Well I have never been diving in the USA unfortunately but I have been to Florida and theres a lot of nice marine life there ! I dream of diving in the caribbean, if you got the chance or Hawaii ! Trip Advisor is a great way to read peoples personal experiences of dive operators.

heres some more dive pics for motivation to get diving people !

Name:  IMG_0043.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  355.8 KB
    Pineapple Nudi <3 ! found this little guy at Richielieu Rock - North of Similan Islands, Koh Bon and Koh Tachai.

Woo hoo! Great pic Melanie.

That's one pretty mollusc. Thanx for posting.

I so wish that I had an underwater camera at the time that we last went diving. I've got one now, so once the weather warms up, I'll post some cool critters
    Meanwhile, here is a super cute one of the fiance and I in the pool

Name:  10619911_854533401225153_3826529172027936107_o (1).jpg
Views: 368
Size:  100.7 KB

Your braid!!!
    My hair is long, but I have a bit to that length.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I'm getting certified right now. I did pool dives yesterday and next weekend I will do a beach dive! Exciting!