Thread: A partner in business

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel

A partner in business

Hello everyone out there. My name is Selene (at least that's my mer name) and I am very interested in starting a little shop making mermaid accessories, shell based ones anyway.

However! Shopping in Australia (where I live) is rather crap. So far I've been able to overcome most of my problems except for one: plants. I've kind of fallen in love with the Hobby Lobby plants however they do not ship internationally. You all see my problem. So what I'm asking is if any American mers would be interested in being a middle man/lady for me. I order the products I need, pay for them myself but have them sent to your address and then you post them out to my address (for which I'd also pay for). It would be no expense to you except for a small amount of your time every now and then.

I'd be happy to compensate you somehow if you wanted (such as free little accessories maybe?) I don't know. This is a little weird for me asking haha (and the professionalism just went out the window).

Bearing in mind this is still a trial venture for me, I'm going to make a few products, see how people like them and then see where I go based off that so this may be a one off thing too.

What do you guys think? Is this an okay thing to ask of someone or should I just go sit in a sea cave and think about what I did for a while?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    It's an interesting proposition. I would like to lend a hand. I can always shop from my job (I have to pay for it, but it's convenient to have a shipping department in house, they always find the least expensive way to ship).

Although, I hope you reconsider using Hobby Lobby, as I really don't agree with their anti gay stance.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Although, I hope you reconsider using Hobby Lobby, as I really don't agree with their anti gay stance.
    Yeah, this is one of those hard decisions--I love Hobby Lobby but not only do I hate their intolerance toward gays, I also hate how they have become an icon of what "Christian" is, when their judgmental policies are about as far from Christlike as you can get. Places like Hobby Lobby and Chic Fil E don't just hurt gays, they hurt CHRISTIANITY by showing the most derisive, self righteous, dispicable face of it instead of being the beacon of love they should be. IMHO they need to stop putting out efforts to bash things they don't believe are right, and start using their breadth and wealth to help people in need, you know, like JESUS did in the BIBLE. Instead they've turned into the frickin Pharisees, turning more and more people away from Christianity every day.

okay, rant is over, I swear. Forgive me getting totally off topic, it's just a topic that, as a Christian who believes in loving everyone as God's children, really gets me fired up.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

I will try to source Shop from your job? Does it also deal in faux plants? Or is it a shipping place?

Also I totally understand the whole gay rights thing, I did not realise though because I don't get into that too much. My friends and I no longer go to Gloria Jeans (a coffee place) because of the same thing. A shame because I really do love a lot of the plants I'm seeing online.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    I also love www.save-on-crafts.com but they don't deliver to Australia
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I meant SHIP from my job.

Have you thought about shopping on Amazon?

Ah, haha. I am, of course, looking into all other ways of doing this. This is simply a backup in case I can't find much else in constant supply

Have you looked into getting fake aquarium plants instead? They definitely sell those in Australia. And I agree with the aforementioned stance on not giving money to organizations that are against gay rights.

I have, but the issue is most aquarium plants go for $4 online, and are at least twice as much in pet stores and are considerably less in quantity, so when you're trying to keep costs down for people that makes it a bit hard if you have to spend $20 just on the foliage :/