Thread: Growing Out My Hair!

Growing Out My Hair!

So my hair was kinda screwed up and just breaking off a lot which resulted in me doing this a little over a year ago
    Name:  561361_506720552677399_2040601597_n.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  17.1 KB

Basically I chopped off my shoulder length hair and decided to start from scratch. And this is what I look like now!
    Name:  tkdutrk.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  30.0 KB
    Please excuse my derpy face and lack of any makeup. So any other mers here growing out their hair?

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Dang girl your hair grows pretty fast! I am growing my hair out (though I just cut bangs for myself tonight!) My hair is very awkward because I had half my head shaved and I let it all grow out together, so it's chin length on one side and below the shoulder on the other. (I have fine stranded but thick/dense hair, so I flip half of the long hair over so people can't see the disparity.) My biggest problem is that my hair always looks so dry and frizzed at the ends, even after I have it cut. It's so fine that it get all flyaway-ish and drives me nuts! Plus I don't like to spend more than five minutes on my hair when getting ready in the morning, which means it can be a hassle. I want to get it to breast-length, or just below the breasts, though. I haven't had hair that long since I was ten. I am too crazy, dying it and shaving it and cutting it! I totally killed it with bleach at one point, but now that damage has finally grown out and I've been growing it for about two years. I can't wait for it to be longer, but I feel like it never grows! (I'm sure it does--it's just hard to notice!)

How long are you trying to grow your hair?
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

To be honest I'm not really sure. I'm just going to let it grow and whenever it reaches a length I'm happy with and keep it that length.

Growing Out My Hair!

My hair had a bad styling incident a year ago and ended up above jaw line (it had previously been down to tailbone). I'm just now getting back to tailbone again.

I'm working on trying to keep it heathy and thickening it up.

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Wow, that is amazing your hair must grow like MAD. One year and it's that long? From jaw to butt? I didn't think that was possible! I wish mine would grow faster!
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Growing Out My Hair!

Yeah, my fair grows fast. I'm glad, because I tend to have fits of, "I'm sick of these tangles!" and chop it off to pixie. Then I regret it and wait for it to grow back. ;-) it's taking forever to get those last few inches, though! It's been stuck at "almost tailbone" for months!

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

My mother-in-law cut my hair for my 21st bday (that was 3 years ago) and did a short A bob. I had never had my hair that short as it is natrually curly and thick. it turned out ok tho. here's what it looked likeName:  24857_385159682182_1080435_n.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  85.9 KB

i kept it just a tad bit longer for a few years and then last year i decided that i wanted to grow it out. BUT then i moved to alabama for a short time. not wanting to be caught in alabama weather with long heavy hair, I cut it off and back to my A bob i went. only then after two months of being down there went back north to MI for my new job. and I have been growing it since (june). its just touching my collar bone now. I did try hair extensions (just the ones you clip in yourself) wow. what a world of difference. i can see my goal now plus for a days wear they are nice. here is that picture.
    Name:  2954_10151648403992183_1867874599_n.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  56.5 KB

Name:  tumblr_n2m1vwnxxy1rxvkq1o1_1280.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  308.4 KB
    Update on growing out my hair.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I have a hair cut every three months, otherwise I'd look like the Dulux sheepdog!

I'm glad I'm not the only mer who screwed up their hair
    Im growing out mine too and what I have found to be helpful is cocconut oil in your hair while you sleep helps it be SOO healthy and soft!
    It helps keep the split ends away too
    hope that helps
    ~Lazy cuddle fish~

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    I love coconut oil it's awesome stuff.

Sent from my Huawei-H867G using Tapatalk

Your hair is growing out well; I assume it's naturally-curly?

I was brought up as a boy (like 75% of other hermaphrodites) and was thus obligated to have it short until I was 18 and grew it out long by choice. Ironically, that was also the year I started life guarding, so the long hair proved an impediment. Not only did my hair make me look rebellious (though it was very soft and well-styled for a 'boy'), it also slowed me down in the water (though I was still able to fulfill the physical strength requirements). Now I'm expressing myself as my proper gender and am GLAD that the mermaid stereotype is long-haired!
    Because you can be a mermaid and have an immortal soul!

COMING SOMETIME (THERE'S NO HURRY):
    MY TAIL; Merbella Studios and Tia Michelle Pesando's Collaboration,
    THE FIRE ANGEL SEA DRAGON a.k.a.
    THE MER ON FIRE​!