Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Home Design/Decor Thread

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I was in the market for new bed sheets and I saw this on one of my searches.
    http://www.linenhouse.com.au/product...uilt-Cover-Set

Guess who will be sleeping in mer scales? There is a pink one, but the colors looked really pale and washed out.

When it arrives, I'll get plain colored sheets and pillow case to match.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Hey everyone! I'm back until whenever I disappear again. I just wanted to give you guys an update on the status of my mermaid/coastal/ ocean themed home.

Its going pretty well! The bedroom and living room is pretty much done. There's still some things I have to add to the foyer and washrooms until I feel comfortable showing but I'll share a few pics of what I have now.
    The SeaGlass Siren

.. which will probably now have to be at a later time because trying to upload pictures from iPhone isn't working 😒. BOO.
    The SeaGlass Siren

I can't wait to see it SeaGlass! We moved earlier this year but I was too busy to work on my room design. My plan is for it to be like a pirate captain's room / a mermaid grotto or something like that. I am also super inspired by Tia Dalma's house decor in Pirates of the Caribbean - I mainly like all of the jars hanging from her ceiling. Right now it is pretty plain except for a wooden bowl in the corner filled with sequin shells and mermaid jewelry. I also have an old child's ski propped against the wall that I found buried in the sand on the beach. I like how old it looks haha. We got some wooden palettes for free and I am going to put them on my wall somewhere and somehow. I will have to figure out what I want to do with those.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    I can't wait to see it SeaGlass! We moved earlier this year but I was too busy to work on my room design. My plan is for it to be like a pirate captain's room / a mermaid grotto or something like that. I am also super inspired by Tia Dalma's house decor in Pirates of the Caribbean - I mainly like all of the jars hanging from her ceiling. Right now it is pretty plain except for a wooden bowl in the corner filled with sequin shells and mermaid jewelry. I also have an old child's ski propped against the wall that I found buried in the sand on the beach. I like how old it looks haha. We got some wooden palettes for free and I am going to put them on my wall somewhere and somehow. I will have to figure out what I want to do with those.
    Thats really creative alea!! Maybe you can use the glass jars and turn them into a light fixture for the dining room or kitchen? That seems to be a popular trend. And the skis as a piece of art on one of your bare walls in the dining room as a feature piece?
    The SeaGlass Siren

Name:  bedroom.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  79.5 KB
    Name:  narwal.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  78.3 KB

excuse the large images.

So the bedroom i've kept it pretty simple. except for the narwal hanging over the bed. i got that at whitefauxtaxidermy.com. they have a bunch of resin taxidermy heads and a lot of style options.
    The pictures above the bed and the coral ottoman are from Home Sense. The bed frame, side tables, lantern, and light are from Ikea. Pillows and bedsheets were wedding gifts. The letters were DIYed by me. Cute water drop humidifier was from babies 'R' us (fun fact, i like to shop in the kids/babies section of any stores because they have all the cute nautical/sea stuff there.)

Name:  images2.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  49.2 KBName:  images.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  48.8 KBName:  hallway.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  49.9 KB

This is the hallway that i sorta made into my own gallery full of movie stills. the second image is a close up of each image. my hallway was super empty before. you'll notice it's all from movies that have at least something to do with the ocean or the water. i tried to pick the most simple images with a focal point.
    at the end of the hallway is a small mirror. i havent hung the picture or the mirror up yet because i'm thinking of adding a shadowbox with my mermaid wedding gown and i dont want to commit to anything yet.

Name:  dining room2.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  56.3 KBName:  dining room.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  61.0 KBName:  cabinet.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  39.8 KBName:  books.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  45.3 KBName:  sand.jpg
Size:  92.8 KB

The rest is my current dining room, desk, zen garden and cabinet decor
    Last edited by SeaGlass Siren; 12-13-2016 at 10:21 AM. Reason: added detail/explanations
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Visit MermaidMermeron(Cameron)'s Youtube Channel
    These are some good ideas!

Don' t forget Mermaid Pillows! Just got mine...

The link will take you to some good ideas on how to maintain he sequins.

The pillow thing I'm still debating on. I have sensitive skin and lie on pillows a lot so I don't think mermaid pillows are for me lol! I am eyeing a few cushions for the patio though. The bedroom is pretty much done. the next project I'm gonna tackle is the walk in closet where most of my mermaid gear and clothes and accessories are hiding.
    The SeaGlass Siren

I wouldn't sleep on my mermaid pillow I think they are better for decoration and... let's be honest, entertainment.

This blog post has a few ideas on how you can use them for decor.

Mermaid Pillows

Let me know what you think!

Believe me when I say I've been through it :P I just prefer that my decorative pillows be functional and comfy as well!

we have pier one imports and home sense in Canada which has a lot of decorative and comfy coastal/ mermaidish pillows but I'm waiting until they go on sale
    The SeaGlass Siren

Name:  IMG_8100.JPG
Size:  64.7 KBName:  IMG_8101.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  59.6 KBName:  IMG_8099.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  48.4 KBName:  IMG_8098.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  74.4 KB

Ok so as of jan2017, this is what my house looks like.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Dang! Girl! You got this Mermaid Theme DOWN!

Yep! Ironically no mermaids anywhere :squints eyes:

but i do plan on painting a mural on the master ensuite ceiling ... just not at the moment
    The SeaGlass Siren

LOL! Make sure to post a picture when you are done.

I recently redecorated my room to make it mermaid themed. I think the wall decals are my favorite.
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

So lovely, Seaglass. Looks like something out of a coastal interior design magazine. <3

Aurora, you should share pictures!!

thanks so much deep blue �� <3
    The SeaGlass Siren

Check these out! Mermaid mugs!

They might be fun as some decor... or on a cold night.

Let me know if I missed any that would look good on a shelf.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 4.16.56 PM.png
Views: 180
Size:  529.4 KB
    EverythingMermaid.com

[IMG]file:///Users/mollyknye/Downloads/ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif[/IMG]

Hey! I’m not as active on here anymore and I’ve mostly just been uploading my home decor pictures on my Instagram. Feel free to look there!

@seaglasssiren
    The SeaGlass Siren