Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica's Dragonskin Silicone Scale Top

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Wow...I have a huge chest and tiny bewbies!

I just thought of something, if you are a seamstress at all...cut fabric to fit the cup causing inhibition problems, attach scales to that fabric, then applique it to the bra.
    Pearlie,
    then you have the perfect body for a sports bra type silicone top! It's soooo much easier to get scales on small cups than large!

I'm a pretty good seamstress, but I'm a little lazy so I'm just going to switch bra brands! I actually like the ones I bought at kohls better than my favorite Victoria's Secret ones! The kohls bras have this awesome strong band with four lines of sticky strips < what are these called?! They are seriously awesome!

Fifi,
    i think a halter style would work great! Her tail is just gorgeous! when you get a chance, measure around her chest (in the middle of where the top will be) and then from the top of her shoulder down to where you want the top to start and to end. You can just send it in a pm and then I can figure out a price for you!

Well I am a C cup, so not tooo big but big enough that sculpting a flat design would probably not work out for me. I like the idea of cutting some fabric to fit the cup, that could work. I also thought of maybe doing it in separate sections - a lily pad here, a leaf there, and then gluing them on with silicone like you did. It would be just like making an appliqué design on a bra

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I love that idea, I was thinking of doing that with individual silicone kelp fronds! I love the idea of lily pads and other flotsam!

Quote Originally Posted by Aino Revontuletar View Post
    Well I am a C cup, so not tooo big but big enough that sculpting a flat design would probably not work out for me. I like the idea of cutting some fabric to fit the cup, that could work. I also thought of maybe doing it in separate sections - a lily pad here, a leaf there, and then gluing them on with silicone like you did. It would be just like making an appliqué design on a bra
    that would definitely work! It sounds awesome! Not to mention.....you could make several tops and each one would look different!

I was looking at mermaid Lorelei's website and noticed that her merbella octopus top is straight across...meaning that it doesn't follow the curve of the cup and attach in between the boobs. So even though you're a c cup, you could sculpt flat and then just attach across the cups and not in between. This gives me some ideas!

I could do a lily pad or kelp drawing. jessica knows that i can do it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mer_Adella View Post
    I could do a lily pad or kelp drawing. jessica knows that i can do it lol
    ^^Adella is always bursting with great ideas!! She sent me the most awesome idea for a top the other night!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    ^^Adella is always bursting with great ideas!! She sent me the most awesome idea for a top the other night!
    awe thanks jessica...but ya if anyone wants to see what i can manage i can draw something up (after i do this file for work of course lol)

Hey Adella, What do you do for a living? I'm an art/creative director and photographer.

lol I am an assistant to a home appraiser. I basically fill in the files. I work from home. So when waiting for a file or having a "free" day I am very bored.

I am a freshwater/ lake mer so I have just got to have lily pads! I can see sculpting clay boobs to fit one of my bras and then sculpting over top of that working too, so long as I can get the silicone to not level out and fill the cups where I don't want it to. If I am going to do that, should I get a silicone thickener to make it easier for it to stick to the sides and not run down into the cup? *still haven't decided what method to use yet* also, how much silicone does it take to make one of these tops? Would the trial size be enough?

Adella, and you are an artist, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Aino Revontuletar View Post
    I am a freshwater/ lake mer so I have just got to have lily pads! I can see sculpting clay boobs to fit one of my bras and then sculpting over top of that working too, so long as I can get the silicone to not level out and fill the cups where I don't want it to. If I am going to do that, should I get a silicone thickener to make it easier for it to stick to the sides and not run down into the cup? *still haven't decided what method to use yet* also, how much silicone does it take to make one of these tops? Would the trial size be enough?
    You can use a silicone thickener.....but I'm cheap so I would just tilt the mold and take my time brushing it section by section. You can also mix silicone, let it sit out for awhile and then brush it in once it's already started to cure just a little........ Or just babysit it and keep brushing it back where it belongs< this works for me, but you should do tests! I've done all of the above!

There are other methods too....like an insert in your mold, but it looks a bit complicated in the videos I've seen. You can check out videos on smooth on's website....I've learned so much on there!

As for if a trial size will be enough....that really will depend on how thick you make your sculpture and how thick you pour/brush your silicone. Don't forget to leave extra to brush on the bra too....and for painting. There's no perfect answer...just trial and error

PearlieMae, I'm a a "jack of all trades" my mom taught me how to sew, crochet, draw, paint, and I work with clay and all sorts of things. I LOVE to create. Sometimes, I amaze myself, sometimes I fail. I also write novels

^^pearlie, yes she's an artist! She's just too modest! Her clay sea creatures are so cute!! It's fun to bounce ideas off her....you never know what she will come up with!

If you make art u R an artist. If you cook u R a cook

Those are adorable!

You know, you COULD let the silicone pool strategically inside the bra cups and have a built in push up! That's what I'm doing!

Adella,
    I just love those little guys!

Adella, those are absolutely adorable! I am a bit of a jack of all trades too when it comes to arts and crafts, which is why I want to try working with silicone.

I am actually thinking of making a top, as Jessica suggested in another thread, in order to try my hand at silicone and see if I like it before I think of making my own tail (I often tend to get ahead of myself in thinking up ambitious ideas, haha). This sounds like a good way to start. Relatively simple, not too daunting. I thought of getting the trial size of the silicone and using it for this for that reason.
    Last edited by Aino Revontuletar; 12-31-2013 at 04:49 AM.

Love these! Great info!
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

<3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

<strike>
    </strike>

Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

Swim by my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~