Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jessica's Dragonskin Silicone Scale Top

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Bingo!
    Great! Thanks for letting me know! I don't know what went wrong there! Here are the rest so you can won't get a crick in your neck looking at my pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

beautiful tops!

now on those pictures you just posted...is that interference blue showing in the corners near the side of the boobage or is that a light blue color?

Quote Originally Posted by Mer_Adella View Post
    now on those pictures you just posted...is that interference blue showing in the corners near the side of the boobage or is that a light blue color?
    Its painted light blue on the sides. The interference colors don't change the color of the scales....they just make them shine different colors. If you look at the close up of the octopus, you can see the white scales shining blue it's a subtle effect, but it really like it!

I saw in that picture of the interference shining a blue and waht I like about the pale blue on the sides is that if you were to do that on the inside of the cups as well (between the breasts) it gives the effect of shadowing which in turn makes things look bigger lol. found that out by accident and have passed it on

^^ awesome tip Adella!!

i finished Eva's scale top! I will have pictures posted tomorrow....it's too dark to get a decent picture of the whole top right now

i added a few tiny crystals in the points of a couple scales :

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Niiiice! I love that look and am doing it on my tail!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Niiiice! I love that look and am doing it on my tail!
    I got this idea from you! (Ms. Pearlie mermaid Barbie!) they look great, and they feel pretty secure too

Shipping today!

Pretty!!!!!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    The bracelet is soo cute ^_^.
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

Thanks so much you guys!

I'm making a mini octopus bracelet soon too!

i can't wait to see Eva in her top!

Just finished up this one! It's so sparkly in person!

Wow that looks incredible! I have a question though - how do you wash these sorts of tops? It seems to me like it would be sifficult to wash and to dry

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I'm in love!
    I just bought a sports bra to use for a latex sculpted top...
    But I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it... any ideas, Jess?
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Aino Revontuletar View Post
    Wow that looks incredible! I have a question though - how do you wash these sorts of tops? It seems to me like it would be sifficult to wash and to dry
    Hi aino!

You only rinse the silicone part of the top....that would remove any dirt....as for the bra part....I'm not entirely sure. You might be able to soak it for awhile in warm (not hot) water to remove any dirt.....I'll have to find out if there's a gentle soap that would be ok to use near silicone. I know that some mers use a little bit of baking soda in a bath to soak tails in after being in chlorine.....something like that might work, but honestly I'm just not sure about the proper way to clean them. I'll have to do some research!

Dottie,

can you post a picture of the sports bra? Does it just have fabric for cups or molded cups? I haven't worked with latex before, but the process should be similar!

I assume you would need to wash it often, particularly after swimming. I have another question though: being silicone, does it stick to your hair and pull it? I read somewhere on here that it was problematic in that way and if that was true I might reconsider making a full top out of silicone

Jessica these are BEAUTIFUL!! I may not have money for a tail right now but I am DEFINITELY going to order a top from you when I can!!! These are really stunning
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)