Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunocet 2014 monofin on Sale!!

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel

Lunocet 2014 monofin on Sale!!

Check this out!! the 2014 Lunocet is now on sale for the next three days, instead of the regular price of $599 it's on sale for $299 for the next three days (till sunday the 22nd) !! omg!! It was on sale for $400, but I'm glad he lowered the price. I really want one!

http://caw-designs.com/?page_id=460

http://caw-designs.com/?product=lunocet-gift-card

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Tula's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Tula On Twitter Add Mermaid Tula on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Tula on Tumblr
    Maaaaaaaaaaaan I wish I had 300$ on hand!
    Hi! I'm Sam, aka Mermaid Tula, aka Comatose Angel.
    Hey everyone. I just opened my store on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/tulastidepool

Mermaid Tula's Facebook Page

User previously know as "Comatose_Angel"

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Man, if I lived ANYWHERE near an ocean, I would so get one, LOL. Darn my land locked life!
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Thay can be used in a pool too. or a river. Basically any body of water that you can swim in.

Add Seatan on Facebook
    Yeah, but I don't know that I would get the full joy out of it--the lakes in Central Texas have mud bottoms and you cannot see ANYTHING if you swim beneath the surface, and a pool just wouldn't be big enough to be worth the money. I do wish I lived near nicer bodies of water!
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South

hmm... anyone have one of these in their tails?

and SeaVanna, what about Dripping Springs north of San Antonio

WOW! Incredible. I REALLY hope someone grabs one!

Can you use it without the cycling shoes? Those are my only issue with this monofin (both for a tail and on its own... idk, I don't like the idea of cycling shoes in the water, and especially not in a tail - seems like it could cause a lot of problems)
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Anahita View Post
    Can you use it without the cycling shoes? Those are my only issue with this monofin (both for a tail and on its own... idk, I don't like the idea of cycling shoes in the water, and especially not in a tail - seems like it could cause a lot of problems)
    That's the idea. The fin is i guess interchangeable, can be used by those who have cycling shoes, and the cycling shoes are to provide an exact fit. For this reason alone i don't see this being used in a tail, it also requires a different kind of swimming technique than one which is used with a monofin. These style of fins are relatively new on the market, but they are aimed at freedivers and for use with scuba divers to give more propulsion in the water rather than using bi-fins. It's an interesting type of fin.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    The shoes are also my gripe with this fin.
    I already dislike wearing neoprene socks in water, cannot imagine how uncomfortable cycling shoes would be :<

Quote Originally Posted by spottedcatfish View Post
    it also requires a different kind of swimming technique than one which is used with a monofin.
    From their description, I didn't gather this.
    Whales and dolphins, who have lunar shaped fins, use the dolphin-kick movement too after all?

Anyway, if someone has such a fin, please do tell how it swims, and how it differs propulsion-wise from regular monofins!

You still use a dolphin kick to swim with it but the fin moves through the water differently than a traditional monofin does. With a monofin there's propulsion and drag with every down-kick you do, with the lunocet because it's sort of a suspended fin, you also have an up-kick which propels you, but it requires more of your body to move around rather than just your legs. I think there's a lot less drag too, it just takes less power to kick as the fin is more hydrodynamic.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Sounds great!

Now if only the shoes weren't involved :P

I think the whole reason for the shoes is that the maker needed something more sturdy to mount the fin on and something that would hold your feet in place.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South

ok yea, instead of cycling shoes, I'd rather have on water shoes like my Skele-toes or five-fingers. and from what i read about the design, it sounds like your ankles become another knee, and your feet become the ankles. the ultimate goal is being able to swim more as a real dolphin, which reminds me of this guy's project http://www.wind-water.nl/dolph_0.htm
    Attachment 16474

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    The latest one does look very nice, but to place it in a tail would be difficult I think. Mainly because the rapit change of feet to a small base were the fins are connected. Maybe if there was more lenght between the feet and the fins it would be easier to make a gradual change between the two. Also you can't cover the fins as it would destroy the efficiency of the fins.

Just my 2 cents
    Your imagination is your only limit

Add Seatan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MerMel View Post
    hmm... anyone have one of these in their tails?

and SeaVanna, what about Dripping Springs north of San Antonio
    San Antonio is about four and a half hours away from me. The downside of living in Texas is it is so HUGE that even IN the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex it takes two hours to get from the far West side of DFW to the far East. Possum Kingdom lake is relatively clear with a visibility of maybe ten feet as opposed to one foot (it is pretty much the only lake that is clear in DFW that wasn't built specifically for SCUBA divers--and those lakes are more like large ponds), but it is an hour and a half away from me, so I don't go much. Especially since I have a lake cabin on a lake called Palo Pinto (yet another "black" water lake with one foot or less visibility.) There just aren't many clear lakes in Central Texas, or in Texas at all, really. Lake Travis in Austin is the next closest (three hours), but it's still not very clear.

I still want to see some more reviews before I decide to get one though. However I will be saving up for an ocean swimming monofin/ bi-fins as I for-see a need for them in the future. Also a recreational (pool only) monofin, as I miss my foil which is now permanently in my tail. Nothing wrong with that, but I miss just having a regular monofin to swim around in too. The speed and propulsion was amazing on it's own.

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    Here is a review I found about the lunocet 2014 http://www.deeperblue.com/review-201...onofin-part-1/
    He writes that there will be a part 2, but I couldn't find it yet. It does look promissing though, but how to get it nicely in a mertail, I dunno
    Your imagination is your only limit

Add Echidna on Facebook
    I wouldn't use it in a tail most likely.
    All commercial monofins are designed to be used without covering, and I feel the loss of propulsion rather acutely when I put them in a tail :/
    That said, after reading the finomenal review, while I'd love to get one, I can't get over the shoe part.
    It feels just wrong to take shoes into a pool (also I don't have cycling shoes ), let's hope people doing so don't use said shoes outside

Quote Originally Posted by Azurin Luna View Post
    Here is a review I found about the lunocet 2014 http://www.deeperblue.com/review-201...onofin-part-1/
    He writes that there will be a part 2, but I couldn't find it yet. It does look promissing though, but how to get it nicely in a mertail, I dunno
    Thanks for that direct link Azurin Luna! I can't wait to read part two of this review, once it's posted.