Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: native fish-based tails?

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South

ooh good idea thanks dan!

Zen, I like your lionfish theme, I think ive seen one or two photomanips in the dozens of pics ive browsed on Deviantart of that with all the spines out...

Gosalyn, I'd love to have a purple in my tail too eventually, with an iridescent sheen that'll also light up somehow like a bioluminescent anglerfish

I don't have an iOS device because I'm lame, lol.

Mel, that would be so gorgeous! If you figure out a way for that to work, let me know! It'll be Mel's Special Luminous Tail Design!
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South

i am aware of raven's attempts at such a design using glow in the dark paint, but not of other makers... it would seem to me that its possible to do using fiberoptics encased with the molding as its poured and the powerpack hidden up under a dorsal fin area... but that is way beyond my ability to construct. thatw why ill be buying one rather than DIY

Yeah, fiberoptics, and even silicone tails are beyond my powers. I hope someone can work out something like that though!
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South

I had a thought the other night, has anyone ever done a tail based on a non-fish, like a cuttlefish? i could so see "(just a little bit) Closer" being its theme song. and i would be interested.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Meemerdd's Avatar
    I love tails based off of real fish! Haven't tried any local ones though, might make a cutthroat trout tail design.
    Bioluminescent design should be done, I'll at least attempt that on my lovely squid tail. XD

Finfolks did one off the Portuguese man of war reciently, that's the only finished tail based off a non-fish I can recall seeing though.

Quote Originally Posted by MerMel View Post
    I had a thought the other night, has anyone ever done a tail based on a non-fish, like a cuttlefish? i could so see "(just a little bit) Closer" being its theme song. and i would be interested.
    Seavanna just got her tail from Finfolk based on a Man o' War. Not quite a cuttlefish, but tentacled nonetheless.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I plan on having one that is actually an invasive species that has become a pest to my native lake! Rumor has it some pet shop owner released a bunch of Jack Demseys from Florida into the lake fifty or sixty years ago, and now its like a rare prize if you catch one! The look like this and my first silicone tail is based off of it! Only makes sense considering I spent most of my childhood sitting by the lake aiming to catch either one of these babies or a mermaid!
    Name:  jack.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  202.1 KB

I designed a tail to look like a rainbow trout! I liked it a lot, but I'm going with something different...Name:  Rainbow trout.jpeg
Views: 72
Size:  8.1 KB

There are lots of them where I swim, and they aren't afraid of people, which kind of wowed me. (I almost stepped on one)
    I lost my heart to the Ocean
    and with it, a piece of my
    soul
    https://instagram.com/mermaid_nerida/