Thread: Purty tail pics!

Purty tail pics!

So I went swimming in my tail today! It was amazing! Hubby snapped a few pics with his cell phone; the lake I went into was very murky and soooo much silt on the bottom that we didn't get too many but for just trying the tail out & not really staging a real photoshoot we still got some good ones! Thought I'd share!

I was flipping around in this pic but I like how you can see the fluke

I like this one a lot!

I think this one is my favorite though!!

Oops. I think I posted this in the wrong section! Meant to post this in the 'General costume tails' section but can't figure out how to move it.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    Oops. I think I posted this in the wrong section! Meant to post this in the 'General costume tails' section but can't figure out how to move it.
    I just moved it to general costume tails discussions.

BTW, great photos! Its too bad you didn't get a chance to meet up with Oceana and I at Dragoncon. I'm sure you looked awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    I just moved it to general costume tails discussions.

BTW, great photos! Its too bad you didn't get a chance to meet up with Oceana and I at Dragoncon. I'm sure you looked awesome.
    Thank you and agreed! I am planning on bringing the tail next year and hopefully we can plan ahead a little more so my schedule can work this time!

Oo pretty!! Your tail is green, right? It looks kind of aqua but it's super pretty What lake was this?
    Mermaid Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jewel View Post
    Oo pretty!! Your tail is green, right? It looks kind of aqua but it's super pretty What lake was this?
    Yes it's green; remember it was my Hubby's cell phone taking pics and whoooboy was it bright out so the color is off.

It was actually on a river that comes out of Lake Austin; I'm not sure if the river or the part I was in has an actual name.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    Very pretty! I love the location and the tail!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jewel View Post
    Oo pretty!! Your tail is green, right? It looks kind of aqua but it's super pretty
    Here is a pic of my tail that more accurately shows the color; I think the brightness of the day outside combined with the bright colors of ME freaked my husbands camera out in the above pics. ;D

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    cute as a button! Did you try swimming? Is this your first realistic tail? I always get a kick out of hearing peoples first experiences swimming in one

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    cute as a button! Did you try swimming? Is this your first realistic tail? I always get a kick out of hearing peoples first experiences swimming in one
    Yup I swam around the little grotto I was in but I didn't go too far; we were short on time and like I said the water was reaaaaally murcky and full of algae due to the crazy temps we've been having. I honestly don't like swimming in lakes unless they are very clear; give me a salt water pool any day. Sadly the only one I have access to is 3 hours from my house! LOL!

I have swam in my spandex tail with a monofin and it felt similar to that; looked a lot better though!

Wow you are a very beautiful mermaid (and normal human and dutchess )
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAubrin View Post
    Wow you are a very beautiful mermaid (and normal human and dutchess )
    Heehee, only a Countess currently. ;D you are very sweet too! As you can see I ended up swimming in the lake too; my friend bailed on me swimming in the salt water pool at the last minute.

Wow! What a pretty Mermaid. Interesting location too.

Alveric

The tail works perfectly on you!
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Goooorgeous!! I cant wait till I can afford a realistic tail *_*

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    You look like ariel!! Greean tail, red hair! Beautiful
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Junior Member Euro Pod
    your tail is really nice!