Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adopt a child mermaid gig

I think this is an amazing idea! I think a little mer/human pen pal thing would be so adorable! especially with younger girls and boys who are sick like that
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    What a great idea! What a great thing to do for this little girl!

I adore this idea! That is such a sweet thing to do! I feel so awful for that poor girl.

You probably have enough letter-writers by now, but just so you know that if you like I'm always open to writing one myself. Things like this make me smile and restore my faith in humanity!

Lets say we were to write letter, would they have to be hand written or not? I could type it and include in there: I wrote it on our version of what humans call paper? It isn't really meant to stay out of water long, so I'm sure that Santa will want to redo it so it can be understood.. Or something like that? What do you guys thing? I'm probably going to try and get a photo once my top is done, as my current top won't even stay on..

Quote Originally Posted by XMermaidMarinaX View Post
    Lets say we were to write letter, would they have to be hand written or not? I could type it and include in there: I wrote it on our version of what humans call paper? It isn't really meant to stay out of water long, so I'm sure that Santa will want to redo it so it can be understood.. Or something like that? What do you guys thing? I'm probably going to try and get a photo once my top is done, as my current top won't even stay on..
    I like that idea you wonderful mers can do anything you would like. color the paper to look like seaweed, cut it in the shape of a leaf, etc. just follow the rules above and lets make this girls year I think it would be nice to have a bunch of mers write letters from all over! I know one mer said that she could write a letter from Australia and that is amazing you ladies (and gentlemen if there are any) have given me the true meaning of what Christmas hope and the new year are all about I had this idea and didn't realize that it would take off so quickly thank you.....you're all beautiful and wonderful people

Also, (I not saying you HAVE to do this as it is your own personal preference) BUT if you would like to get a card from myself and my mom (just a post card) to know that your letter was recieved, you could put your return address with your mermaid name on the envelope. I will mail you a post card stating that we have received your letter. otherwise if no one wants to do that, I can just post on here that I have received "so-and-so's" letter.

IF you would like to receive the post card, I will shred your address directly after writing the post card! I wouldn't keep it in any circumstance as it is your personal address and I wouldn't want to infringe on your personal space. It is completely up to you.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    Really all i thought was just make a email account just for this. but this is fun too. wouldnt it be easier to just email us if the card was delivered? i should stop questioning

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Quote Originally Posted by Fun123joker View Post
    Really all i thought was just make a email account just for this. but this is fun too. wouldnt it be easier to just email us if the card was delivered? i should stop questioning

I could just email everyone...or just write on here that I received your letter....but if your like me (and i'm weird in this way) I LOVE getting actual mail ... I can understand those that don't want everyone or one person to know their home address and I respect that. If everyone just wants me to email them and let them know that we got it, that is fine with me. It was just a thought. I love making personalized gifts and cards, to me it means more that I put the effort into it. But I can understand the hesitation and the postage cost. Its up to everyone else

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    yeah i do agree with getting physical mail but yeah i cant trust anyone with my address just yet

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Ok ladies and gentlemen...my mom talked with the mother of the little girl....they said that it was ok if we used their address to send letters/things to.

Story is that the little girl tested negative for the disease (thank god) but her little sister still does have it. So unfortunately, she still will endure sadness. But i am in the process of getting her address from my mom so we can send her letters and such

Senior Member Pod of Oceania OceanRose's Avatar
    Ohh how come I didn't see this before! Adella you are beautiful mermaid for doing this.
    I'm in <3 She will get a letter from the pacific ocean, all the way from New Zealand waters!

I'm the same, I love getting things in the mail, so exciting :-D

That is an amazing gift you are giving and she will always remember that. <3

Adopt a child mermaid gig

Will the p.o. Box still be open this summer? I'm getting my finfolk tail in late June/early July and would LOVE to send pictures with a letter I would like to write! It's so inspiring that your doing this by the way!

~Mermaid Sirenia~
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Oh address I mean, will we still be able to do it in the summer?

~Mermaid Sirenia~

Quote Originally Posted by shimmygoddess View Post
    That is an amazing gift you are giving and she will always remember that. <3
    Thank you Shimmy goddess I thought of that as my Aunt has a letter that she wrote to Carol Burnett (some of you may know her) and Carol Burnett responded herself. It wasn't a form letter, it was actually written by her and everything. My aunt thought she had lost the letter and my grandma found it a few years ago and my aunt cried because she was so happy. she wrote the letter when she was 6! So that tells you that when something like this happens to you you always remember it even if it was make-believe

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah Staver
    Oh address I mean, will we still be able to do it in the summer?
    Well the little girl is going to be surprised and allowed to sit with me and other mermaids in the lagoon at the pirate festival this year. So that is in August. So I am wondering if we should do a timed thing. Where everyone has between June and August to send letters and such to this little girl. What does everyone think? That way I can tell her mom that between these dates, you will be getting letters from all over the world. ????

Member Pod of Texas mermaid_ashes's Avatar
    Add mermaid_ashes on Facebook
    I dont have my tail yet, but i will soon, and id love to be a part of this.

that's a lovely gift :'3
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania OceanRose's Avatar
    That sounds good to me especially as the tail I want to use is not finished yet, but will be.

Ok if it's between June and August that'd be perfect! Id have a letter and pictures!!

~Mermaid Sirenia~