Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adopt a child mermaid gig

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    This is a fantastic project! I'm glad to hear the P.O. box will be open this summer since the Pod of Texas Meet Up will be in June. I have an underwater camera and will be taking photos so I'll try to get a good group shot to send with some nice notes to Lauren from all of us.

Once you get all the details worked out, do you think you could post a summary of everything (who Lauren is, the goal of the project, what we can do to help, the P.O. address, etc.)? That way I can print it out and have all the info on hand.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaïs Nin

Ladies:

my mom finally gave me Lauren's address She also told me that her tail is to be....surprise surprise...PINK! lol. As far as my mom and Lauren's mother said, they would think letters from all over the world at any time would be greatly appreciated and received with love

So here is my thought. I will write my letter to her. I will be inviting her to come to the lagoon in the summer to "chill" with me and let her know that I have told a few of my mermaid friends about her That will let her know that I have told you all about her and leave it up to you ladies to write her letters and send her pictures Don't feel you have to mention me by name (mermaid adella) you can just say that you heard about her and how she wants to be a mermaid. Then go into telling her about yourself, where you live, creatures that you have met, anything that a little 7 year old girl would like. (just please don't mention that her sister is sick, or that she possibly was. Keep it Fun!)

For Safety reasons, I am going to ask that those of you that want to write to her please inbox message me for her address. I've known of a few incedences where addresses are shared to some unbecoming persons and I would hate to have that happen for a 7 year old girl!. IF my inbox is full email me at mermaid.adella@gmail.com with the "Mermaid letters" in the subject line. I just want to keep this as safe as possible i hope you all understand.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember that this is privialedge information....once you have written to her, please don't keep it handy for some stranger to find. I know that she would love to see pictures of every one of you, but a letter will be just fine if that's all that you can provide thank you all for having such an interest You gals have touched my heart as much as you will touch Laurens

Oh yes... give me about a few days to write the letter and a few days for it to get to her. So lets say that around March 24th start sending your letters (if you can) that will give enough time for her to recieve mine and know that others are coming. Thanks ladies

Lauren is a 7 year old little girl that loves mermaids and would love to be one like us. so lets send her letters, notes, and possibly pictures if we can of us. Tell her about where you live, how old you are, things you like or confuse you about the human world, sea creatures you've met, things that a 7 year old girl would like the letter's can be typed, hand written , what ever you prefer.

IF you feel comfortable enough, you could add your return address so she can write back to you...but that is only if you wish it i will not say you have to or you can't. if you feel comfortable enough, do it.

Senior Member Pod of Cali angelstarfish's Avatar

Follow angelstarfish on Tumblr Visit angelstarfish's Youtube Channel
    please keep me in the loop!!! I would LOVE to help out any way I can!!!
    “You were born wild. Never let them tame you." -Martha Graham

"Children of the sea,
    Lie down your heads to sleep
    As the maidens of the sea
    Carry you down to the deep…”

~Mermaid Lullaby

Quote Originally Posted by Mer_Adella View Post
    Ladies:

my mom finally gave me Lauren's address She also told me that her tail is to be....surprise surprise...PINK! lol. As far as my mom and Lauren's mother said, they would think letters from all over the world at any time would be greatly appreciated and received with love

For Safety reasons, I am going to ask that those of you that want to write to her please inbox message me for her address. I've known of a few incedences where addresses are shared to some unbecoming persons and I would hate to have that happen for a 7 year old girl!. IF my inbox is full email me at mermaid.adella@gmail.com with the "Mermaid letters" in the subject line. I just want to keep this as safe as possible i hope you all understand.

Read above. All mers willing to write a letter note or send a picture is welcome to do so

Ι would love to do this!! Can you PM her address or do you want me to? This is so sweet!!! (:

Adopt a child mermaid gig

Been writing mine saying I'm from Atlantica (Hope you get where that's from) and that I'm visiting a strange land known as florida. And that I'm extremely confused about how cotton candy disappears in your mouth! Haaha I might not send it til the summer though when I have my tail for pictures

~Mermaid Sirenia~
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Ladies I hope some of you are still willing to write this little girl a letter I would love for some to be from other countries as in Australia New Zealand Italy etc please message me for this little girls address so you can send her a letter about your mer-self and make her day

Senior Member Pod of Oceania OceanRose's Avatar
    I'll send you a PM Adella :-3

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Here's a cool idea: mailing the letter in a bottle! I got a green plastic bottle to use and am going to put the rolled up letter, some tiny shells, and a bit of sand in it. Turns out you can mail plastic bottles as long as you have correct postage. Just wanted to share this in case anyone else wanted a neat way to send their letter.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaïs Nin

That's a great idea Mary! I really like that! Much more mermaid than an envelope

~Mermaid Sirenia~

I know i was thinking of discoloring my paper to make it look like its been water logged and very antiquish just to add a little pizzazz! great idea Mary! if you would like to send that to her just let me know and i can PM you her address. Hopefully sending my letter out tomorrow

Fun tip: if you want it to look aged with that stained brown color, put it over a candle, not directly in the fire though of course! Just enough for the eat to brown the paper I used to do it all the time and it looks great and has an antique look

~Mermaid Sirenia~

I've use a different trick luckily I found some tea bags and made tea afterwards I dragged the teabag over the paper. It wetted it as well as turned it brown. Now to make my stamp out of an eraser and make a wax seal I will post pictures

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    ^i shade an English project where you wrote a letter to someone as the person in the book your reading. I turn the paper brown with tea and burn the sides which turned my B into an A

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

This is going to be way to much fun for sure in the land of being creative. This little girl is going to very popular I hope she keeps all of them

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    i've been writing so many essays in MLA format and so detail and boring i forgot how easy it is to write to someone not so demanding

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I'm sure that she will keep all of them at least that or her mom will keep them all for her for later on. And your right, this is fun, to be as creative as you think your mer-person would be.

I sent my letter out (after it being sent back for inapt postage grrrr) so hopefully she will get it in a few days I included a printed picture of myself as well as detailed the letter to look old. Even tore the edges and folded like they used to in 1700s. Stained it with a tea bag (which btw is awesome for the fact that it makes it yellowed and browned but with it making the paper wet it added folds and creases to it as well) I am hoping to get pictures up later of what it looks like.

I hope that all the people from when I started this thread message me that they would like her address. As of right now i only have about 6 (including myself) that asked for her address and are willing to write her a letter. I thank all of you that are sending her something this makes me most happy.