Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adopt a child mermaid gig

Senior Member Pod of Cali angelstarfish's Avatar

Follow angelstarfish on Tumblr Visit angelstarfish's Youtube Channel

Here's what it reads:

Shello!!!

My name is Angel Starfish, and I live on the beaches of San Diego. I’m originally from Atlantis, where my father (the crown prince) and grandfather (King Neptune) were born. I have a human mother who I’m trying to find, which is why I’m on dry land and not living with my family.

I enjoy singing, crafts, music, chocolates, writing, riding horses and taking barefooted walks along the beach. I was born with the rare ability to have legs at low tide (when I’m on land) and have a tail at high tide (whether or not I’m in the water). (This may or may not be because I have a human mother). I also have the talent to speak to sea creatures, such as octopi, fish and sharks. My Grandfather thinks that I was gifted by the sea goddess, Lorelei.

I am rather petite, with long brown-black curls, soft brown eyes, fair skin and freckles. I wear glasses because my eyes can’t adjust to the bright sun that’s always shining on the West Coast. My father and grandmother are of Irish-Italian descent, which may explain why I’m short tempered when it comes to living in this strange new land where everything is fast. There was this one time when I saved an octopus from a fishing net and he told me that he would ink me as a way of thanks. I’m still deciding on what design I want and where I want it.

I have just discovered Disney movies and so far my favorites are Tangled, Brave and Frozen. Do you have a favorite Disney movie? I’ve also adopted a dog named Sam (I didn’t pick out his name). Do you have any pets? I have many friends who help me get through the confusing life of being a human. Their names are Molly, Collin, Mike and Anna. I also have met another mermaid who shares the same gifts that I do- her name is Meshella. We often get together to swim and laugh at a small lagoon that I’ve discovered one day while exploring.

Can you sing? Do you have a favorite TV show? What’s your favorite color? Do you wear glasses? What’s your favorite time of day? Have you ever been to a live theater show?

Hope to hear from you soon!
    “You were born wild. Never let them tame you." -Martha Graham

"Children of the sea,
    Lie down your heads to sleep
    As the maidens of the sea
    Carry you down to the deep…”

~Mermaid Lullaby

Hi!
    I'm portuguese and i want to write something for the girl.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    GUYS I FORGOT HOW TO WRITE SOMETHING SO SIMPLE
    MLA format. how long does it have to be?! whats the question WHAT AM I ANALYZING
    I FEEL LIKE SPOUNGEBOB IN THE ONE EPISODE WHERE ALL HE KNEW WAS FINE DINNING AND BREATHING

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It can be as long or as short as you want it. Just as long as you remember it's a 7 year old girl and all she wants to hear about is your mer-sona. I hand wrote mine and it was only about a page. Maybe a little shorter.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Such a sweet thing to do for such a deserving little angel! She's going to be the happiest little girl in the deep blue! *happy tears*
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Has anyone sent her a letter yet? I haven't seem anyone confirm it. And just wanted to know

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Oh rats! Thanks for the reminder! I've been so wrapped up in the construction of my tail, I completely forgot! I will write her tonight!

I wrote and sent her two weeks ago, maybe?

"Children of the sea,

~Mermaid Lullaby

Senior Member Pod of Oceania OceanRose's Avatar
    Nice letter Angelstarfish!

I have not begun mine yet, I really wanted to get my tail done and a photo taken before .. but perhaps a nice artwork would be ok if my tail making gets held up any longer.
    I am definitely still doing the letter and I think of the little girl almost every day. I will let you know when I've sent it, and I will send you a copy, Adella (if you would like to know what I sent).
    <3

Ok ladies. My mom informed me that Lauren has recieved my letter and no other ones. She said that she understood because it takes a long time for letters to travel from the ocean to land. Just wanted to let you know that she did get mine. Please if you were going to write one, do so.

Angel- I don't know what happened. Maybe postage was wrong? since you mailed it from Cali to Michigan I can resend the address in case I wrote it down wrong.

the package hadn't been returned to me with a wrong address lable stuck on it. give it another week and I'll wreck hell on the post office.

"Children of the sea,

~Mermaid Lullaby

Adopt a child mermaid gig

I will DEFINITELY be writing a letter this July! I will be getting my finfolk tail in the mail then so I can take pictures

~Mermaid Sirenia~
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Ok I have to confirm from who but Lauren recieved another letter. I'm going to ask one more Time that any mermaids who want to write her please do so when you can I would like her to get so many letters

So i just started reading this.
    I really want to help but, seeing as i am not able to mail it i was wondering if i could type it on here then you could write or print it yourself.
    i just want to be able to help somehow

I'm going to write mine this summer since I get my tail then and can send pictures

~Mermaid Sirenia~
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Eeeeeee I forgot! So sorry! I have her little hinged shell box done, just need to write a letter and put a little treasure inside! By the way, are there any more updates on her health? I understand if you want to keep it private, just wanted know how she was doing!(:

Senior Member Pod of The South Rivertee's Avatar
    Follow Rivertee On Twitter Add Rivertee on Facebook
    Follow Rivertee on Tumblr
    Can mers without fins still participate?
    ~Nothing's Impossible just hard to achieve, so stay true to yourself and always Believe~

Formerly known as Kaguria the Kitsune Mermaid

I can send a letter, I also have some extra braclets I made for a festival, I can send one. I still have to come up with a creative persona, but can send something out in a couple weeks. Feel free to pm me the address or email me at amara@electricshimmy.com

Shimmy i just sent you an email.

Yes, even if you don't have fins you can "pretend" that you do. You dont have to send anything but a letter if you can't afford it. Just make sure that you address yourself as a mermaid

I'm still giving out the address so if other mermaids want to send her a letter. SO if any of you know of mermaids that would like to join (i would like to do only females as this is a little girl and don't know how the parents would react to a male sending a picture) just send them to this forum

I appologize for the tardiness of this post as life has a way of getting in the way of mermaiding. so please if you still haven't just remind yourself to write a letter. I'm trying to get Mrs. Kariel to write one i'm going to buy a book for lauren of hers so she will sign it but ya never know