Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Fishbutts Complaint Thread

Namiko,

When you say you went through your bank, what does this mean? Can you enlighten us as to the steps of this process? Thanks!
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… - Emerson

>{

www.facebook.com/
    TheModernMermaid

http://sirenizeme.wordpress.com/

@AniaR Thanks!
    @ Mermaid Namiko I'm going to try that, thanks for sharing !

Okay so I went to my bank (the one that I paid for my tail with) and I told them I wanted to disput a payment as I hadn't revived the tail! And tell them the truth lol don't feel embarrassed that it's for a mermaid tail they need all the facts! The lady handed me a piece of paper to fill out

i needed to to print out the conversations with fishbutts says eveything such as "your tail is being completed now, or it will be shipped to you soon , or we have been really busy etc etc! Everything from when you paid for your tail to the last day you spoke to her!

Staple them together and and fill out the form take it back telling the person you have collected all the info they will ask of you and then they should send it off to head quarters for processing!
    Mine took 30says to be processes but I got a full refund which was transferred back into my bank account!)

hopefully you you guys can too <3
    ~*The Coral Reef Koi Fish*~

I'm so happy for you! I'm glad someone's gotten a refund! I hope that works for others.

I ordered a full silicone tail back in February of 2013 when she was having a tail sail for 500$. When ordering the tail, giving sizes etc she was very quick to respond but after the money was given via paypal almost no communication at all. She said it would be done probably sooner than the four month waiting period and that i would get it in time for my birthday. That time rolled around and I asked about it and got a response that there was something wrong with thier fluke machine, that it was broken and to be patient. I waited two more months before emailing again and got a response saying they were getting to the tails as fast as they could. Waited another month, emailed again, got nothing. Then I checked the facebook page. Nothing was updated since like august or something, then she comes out with her, poor me fish-butts is getting harassed post and I kept commenting on her status for a while just simply asking about my tail and no response, and my posts kept getting deleted till eventually her facebook page and website were gone. I kept emailing them and even requested my money back via paypayl, which she refused. Put in a complaint with the better business beauro which she never responded to. Going to call a lawyer and see what can be done, though i don't know what can be done because she seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Getting your money back via the bank won't work if you used paypal would it? I tried disputing it with paypal but it had been too long. I wonder if that was her scheme, saying it would be a 4 month waiting period knowing that paypal couldn't do anything after that time

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    So um....

Just thought i'd put it out there. I don't know and all how this would work but, I was cleaning off the box I got my Fish Butt's tail in since I'm selling it to Fifi. I have her Colorado address on it and her phone number there. I know she doesn't live there anymore but... Maybe her family does?

Just thought I'd share that X_x

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    No she doesn't she lived there with her bf

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Namiko. I called my bank about it, and am waiting to hear back. But perhaps since I went through Paypal, I'm up spit creek.

This stinks.
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… - Emerson

>{

www.facebook.com/
    TheModernMermaid

http://sirenizeme.wordpress.com/

Attention everyone it doesn't matter that you used paypal I used it too! But the note to keep in mind is that if your money came off your credit card and went through PayPal it still came from your bank! There's no problem if you paid through paypal because the money came from your bank good luck guys <3
    ~*The Coral Reef Koi Fish*~

I was gonna try to do what Namiko did, but we have american express and its not a mastercard so we cant go in the bank............ we tried calling american express but they said the disclaimer said " No refunds" so I still don't know what to do........

I ordered a tail for my daughter in October of 2012 that was promised to be delivered for Chrsitmas 2012. It has NEVER come! I got emails from Stephanie promising delivery, then she had a family emergency and was behind, then someone in her family emailed saying she was behind, etc etc etc. After a while I never got responses after last fall. I am out over $500 for this tail that never came. I just filed a Better Business Bureau complaint.
    How does she look herself in the mirror when she basically steals money and disappoints people like my daughter who never got her tail for that christmas, or never yet!

Tried going to my bank with all the info. Emails, paypal transactions my bbb reports everything and they put me through to claims and there was nothing anyone could do. They advised me to get an attorney but that it would probably cost more than what I paid for the tail. Does anyone have any new info? I mean what good would an attorney even do if she's packed up and moved and no one knows where to find or contact her? Does anyone have any leads?

FishButts quit and is no longer on facebook!

Scuttle
    : I haven't seen this in years, this is wonderful!

Ariel: What is it?
    Scuttle: A banded, bulbous snarfblatt.
    Ariel, Flounder: Oh.

its about time, but on the same token, it sucks because you never want to see someone go under like that. I'm not condoning what she did cause it was certainly not okay. But honestly,there are more tail makers out there that are more reliable and ready to take on their old unhappy clients.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

the facebook page and website has been down for a while

maybe she will come back when she's sorted things out?

Scuttle
    : I haven't seen this in years, this is wonderful!

Ariel: What is it?
    Scuttle: A banded, bulbous snarfblatt.
    Ariel, Flounder: Oh.

lol I doubt it if history shows anything

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    According to her personal facebook she's moving to Ireland... So >< I don't know if that's a great escape plan or not. But it sort of sounds like it

This makes me so angry that someone would do this! It seems to me that there are a few 'professional' tail makers who won't respond to their emails, or when they actually do send out the product, if there is damage that was clearly on the tail itself before shipment, that they refuse to pay for return shipping to refund or fix said product. If this whole thing about her moving to Ireland is true, there is nothing that can be done about it...if she leaves the country before hand. Pursuing a lawyer could be a good thing, but I've known many people who have been screwed via paypal and nothing was done in return. I do seriously hope that you all get your tails or refunds. It just disgusting that someone would take a vantage of so many people.