Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the new MDV tail (2)

the new MDV tail (2)

Mike Van Daal just released those pictures on FB with this statement :

"One of the many new options for 2014 from FlipTails! This tail also features a blacklight/Glow-In-The-Dark feature!"

It's a neon tail. What do you think?

Name:  1533812_619109708125823_1284636230_n.jpg
Views: 2040
Size:  125.0 KB

Name:  996739_619109768125817_1476680157_n.jpg
Views: 1804
Size:  106.4 KB Name:  996759_619109738125820_953785271_n.jpg
Views: 2289
Size:  102.8 KB

Name:  1528729_619109698125824_119295684_n.jpg
Views: 2284
Size:  90.7 KB Name:  1491689_619109754792485_1596466856_n.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  90.9 KB

Rainbow details on some scales :

Name:  1511277_617864064917054_1691926294_n.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  215.2 KB

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    That would look Insane under a black light!

maybe too showy, but lot of coolness!
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    lol Certainly colorful!! Very cool-looking tail, I'd love to see it in the water! The back dorsal fin makes me think of sea anemone 'tentacles', I'd love to see how they look under water, in motion!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Raven did one with similar coloring and black light paint too.I called it the hulk tail lol green and purple.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    We don't hear much from Mike these days it's nice to see some of his new creations.

Such an awesome design! It's really a work of art

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    It's really cool! I love the dorsal fin. Not my favorite colors but very cool!
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

I think it would look nice on a guy too. I like Mike's stuff, but I just am not a fan of that fluke or how it holds up (literally, what it looks like when you hold it up, lol) I know there's a huge fandom for the 13th year. Just not my style

the new MDV tail (2)

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I think it would look nice on a guy too. I like Mike's stuff, but I just am not a fan of that fluke or how it holds up (literally, what it looks like when you hold it up, lol) I know there's a huge fandom for the 13th year. Just not my style
    Honestly, I'm not fond of this tail and not really impressed. In my opinion, the yellow color is kind of lemon and horrible, the color scheme is simple and because of the amount of fringe on the back and the 13th-year fluke, overall the tail isn't very fish-like. It really isn't my style either. Mike is very good tail maker but this, to me, isn't very original. I prefer the hulk tail like Raina like to call it

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Personally I love the colors and the fins. I wouldn't personally buy from Mike because I don't like how floppy the flukes are either but I really like this tail a lot.

well in all fairness, he likely just made what a client dreamed up. So long as the client is happy, then that is good!

True. Happy to see he's back!

Very nice!
    As someone who knows first hand how much hard LABOR and SKILL goes into making one of these from start to finish, I can not be such a flippant brat and freely cast dispersions against the hard labor of others. I figure unless you can PERSONALLY do better, you personally are in no position to casually criticize.
    Everyone's a critic... even those who can do absolutely NOTHING themselves. Suppose folk criticized how "WELL" you laid around in these masterpiece works of art after someone else toiled over them. Suppose folk criticized how well or poorly you can simply SIT or LAY in these masterpieces. You wouldn't like that so much now would you?
    Every tom dick and harry who can do NOTHING themselves is a critic of those who can actually do something. Such frivolous, heineous bratism some skil-less folk casually engage in!

I RESPECT artists skills whether it is my shade or not. Just a lil food for thought
    Last edited by Mermaid Oshun; 01-01-2014 at 10:57 AM.

I just have to say that even if you don't like the colors, this tail has an incredible amount of detail and is very well made. I can imagine (and appreciate) all the hard work that went into this! I think the colors would look incredible on someone with a good tan or darker skin tone. The yellow/purple combo is simple, but striking.....it reminds me of so many pretty little fish:
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I think it's a very creative piece, lots of interesting detail and work! Whether or not it's my taste is my own business, but there's no denying it's one helluva piece of craftmership!

I'm not familiar with the flukes everyone is mentioning. Is there a link to videos?

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    I personally love the fluke, despite the fact that it's a recast. The thirteenth year is one of my all time favorite tails. The dorsal is awesome looking. And the fact it glows in the dark is going to make it look even more magical. However, the colors are not really my favorite. The detail is fantastic, it's just... The colors are too opposite to really compliment each other. But the streak of color under each scale! Finfolk does that and I love it. I kinda wish he could blend the scales a bit better when it goes to the fluke, I just feel like the straight line looks a little harsh.

It's really cool to see a neon tail! Wow.