Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the new MDV tail (2)

I'd love to see what this looks like under black light, and in the water!
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I don't think I've ever seen a black light at a pool. How useful is that going to be?

I like the neon/glow in the dark for the dorsal bit. I do think it'd look like an anemone, which is awesome. I guess this is going on a mermaid who performs in clubs or other tank/indoor performances, since I think those are like, the only places where the black light would be in play (unless I'm missing something...)

I think it's cool. Even though purple and yellow are technically complementary colors (color wheel thing, red and green, blue and orange, yellow and purple) I've never been all that fond of them, but I think for a black-light tail they're perfect.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Melissa just posted the tail under blacklight. So does he only make tails for her company now?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_myuextAive1rcrguuo1_500.jpg 
Views:	987 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	16832
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaοs Nin

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Wow, it looks SUPER COOL under blacklight! But Pearlie's right... No blacklights at pools.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Wow that looks pretty cool Since everyone has quite the unique style, its definitely not for me, but I think he does fantastic work. Haven't seen much from him lately which is too bad since its always cool to see what he dreams up.
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

WOW. The craftsmanship is what I find really impressive. It's not a tail I'd want, but holy cow, that's a lot of detail and so well done.

Quote Originally Posted by lynsea View Post
    Melissa just posted the tail under blacklight. So does he only make tails for her company now?
    So, why is he making tails only for Melissa?
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

Does he do custom fluke work?
    Has anyone else been commissioning him lately? I know he's on the expensive side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Claudia View Post
    So, why is he making tails only for Melissa?
    I would guess because she's like The Mertailor.
    One of the most "mainstream" and well-known mermaids around the world so thanks to that, she has the money to afford his tails.
    Seriously though, i wouldn't pay 5 or 6k for this..

Lol when I first joined I wanted one of his tails sooo badly but then Raven came along and I was like !! I noticed the quality was the same but she customised them more in the fluke area and made them lighter, also cheaper. But she's soo popular it is practically impossible to get one from her. I like both tail makers but I'm gonna try Raven first.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Nice! I think if you love neons colors and are not afraid to show it, go ahead.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    I LOOOOVE ITTTT

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Add Poseidon on Facebook
    Visit Poseidon's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    I would guess because she's like The Mertailor.
    One of the most "mainstream" and well-known mermaids around the world so thanks to that, she has the money to afford his tails.
    Seriously though, i wouldn't pay 5 or 6k for this..

It's too expensive. And lately on facebook when Mike posts new pics of his 'new' offers, 98% of the time, we all know its going to Melissa...

I love neon tails. They look so amazing in deep water. Check out the difference between my neon orange tail, and the other silicone tails in the water
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Brightly colored ones are definitely my preference too. I love the way they look against the water. <3

Now that I see that neon orange and white tail, I'm surprised no one has gotten a tail with that sort of color scheme yet. I see it and think of a fishing lure, and those come in all sorts of amazing colors, most of which are neon, so I can't believe no one has a neon tail, or even a stark orange and white one like that. It's gorgeous.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Atlantis made that herself. I have always personally felt blue and green tails to be too dull for my taste they always fade into the water. Orange and blue are opposite colors which is one of the reasons why it pops!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk