Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mermaids in Second Life

You look pretty, Tieri! I haven't checked on this thread in a while. It hasn't died! Awesome!

So, if we're sharing photos, here's one of a friend and I all fishy.

Name:  11767476556_fbc94ab1e9_c.jpg
Views: 2627
Size:  365.4 KB

This was taken in Fanci's Deep, which is a huge block of sims with beautiful underwater stuff for mer. There are usually a few mer around! You can visit by clicking that link.

Haven of Mermaids has an awesome kelp forest (and other things) if you feel like hiding away for a while.

Name:  5872052721_e97d9054a8_z.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  156.4 KB

Those are good places to start and explore. Depending on the time of day/night, there are usually a few mer around.

And of course, you're all welcome to add me!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Ok. I've made a new account. My name is, Maerb.

I hope it's ok to reply to a thread this old but I'm active again as a mer in Second Life (slowly working toward in Real Life too). My SL name is Grim Enigma. I rent a cave next to the dancefloor at Haven of Mermaids and hang out in Fanci's Deep pretty often. I know the areas well and create mer items that I love to give away.

I hope to see some mernetwork people there!
    Last edited by Dee Tal; 08-06-2014 at 03:19 AM.
    I feel the seawater in my veins. I listen to the roar of the sea and it speaks to me like a mothers voice. The tide pulls at my heart. - Night Tide

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I'm often around in one of the watery spots, though I seem to always miss the merdances lately

You'll easily recognize me
    Name:  yinfu_surface.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  233.3 KB

SL is my escape for the RL time I cannot spend in water, which is far too much for my liking.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Grim View Post
    I rent a cave next to the dancefloor at Haven of Mermaids
    I have a place there as well!
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Add Echidna on Facebook
    I always wanted to rent, and there are so many pretty mer houses in SL.
    Just not sure whether I'd spend enough time there to justify the costs.

I never see any of the tenants actually in their houses xD

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    I have a place there as well!
    I hope to see you around.
    I feel the seawater in my veins. I listen to the roar of the sea and it speaks to me like a mothers voice. The tide pulls at my heart. - Night Tide

Quote Originally Posted by caltuna View Post
    I always wanted to rent, and there are so many pretty mer houses in SL.
    Just not sure whether I'd spend enough time there to justify the costs.

I never see any of the tenants actually in their houses xD
    It really depends on where you rent. My cave costs 1000 lindens per month which comes out to about $4.04. Not bad to have my own dark and quiet cave to swish around in with slow music. It's a nice way to unwind.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I Play(ed) in SL for years. I actually own a store, but not in Mers. I have seen Mers in SL and always admired their tails and Animations, but back then mers were not very popular.I still have a store on the Market Place and I popped in the other day to drool over hair. LOL I Love hair shopping in SL. It's an addiction. I was actually considering trying my hand at mesh to make mesh hair and what not to try and get enough money scrapped together for a real life tail. Eh, maybe one day.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I went to the place and saw Dan, then I poked him but nothing happened. So I swam around saw a few other mers, I think they were afk. Nobody said hi when I said *fin slap*, and kept coming back to poke Dan, but still nothing happening, so I quickly became bored with the game, and uninstalled. I'm not into building games anyway.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Sorry to hear, Jaffa! You may have just got online at a bad time, but yeah, it can be hard to find other mers in the water. I'm amazed you actually found some! I remember when it was hard to find any at all.

I haven't logged into SL for a few months. I'll have to find an afternoon to spend there sometime soon. Winter's coming, so I'll be inside a lot more…

Here's two shots from the last time I logged in. I found a really amazing underwater grove!

Attachment 24684

Name:  14996192662_09a078e4db_z.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  123.0 KB

There's more pictures at my flickr page
    Last edited by azaiya; 10-08-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Long-time SL players probably afk a lot xD
    Once you've built everything you ever imagined, furnished your house, planted your garden, scripted your scripts, etc, there's not much to do but explore, look for events, and waiting for others to log for a chat.

I'm not on there often for that reason, but sometimes I still do to try out something new or go look for a nice enchanted place for some alone-time.
    I also like to attend dances, but there usually is nothing taking place when I'm on

I'm a long time player in second life and a mertail designer and store owner in secondlife as well. I'm known as Reiko Mayo there and have been mermaiding for about 8 years now. I'll post two of my tail designs here! :3Name:  Salmon mer Avatar Advertisement 1.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  317.8 KBName:  Koi Mermaid tail Advertisement 1.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  314.3 KB
    I never knew my place in the world,but
    I found it here as a Merkin to everyone here.
    FTM Trans Gender-fluid Male
    I am Mer Reiko...
    #mermreiko

Also try a roleplay sim called Mystara, There is a very large mermaid community there. ^__^
    I am Mer Reiko...
    #mermreiko

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I'm a mermaid in second life too, as we'll as na'vi. I made my own skin for my Na'vi character but it's not great. But hey! I tried! My mermaid getup is mediocre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been trying for forever to put together a decent mermaid avatar, but I can't seem to get it to look right! It's tough, especially when you really can't justify spending money on the game anymore to get new tails and accessories and stuff. XD

I LOVE the Mystara sim, but my graphics card is pretty outdated so the sim causes a lot of lag on my end. I really need a new graphics card so I can start playing there more. Definitely one of my favorite sims in-game!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    I don't have the flashiest and trendiest outfits either, because I make everything myself
    but it suits me, and the stuff I want is not even sold, that's how weird I am

Mystara is a fantastic place, I agree!
    I was sloshing around in the underwater castle ruins when I caught sight of a regular Mystara member.
    I do roleplay, but I hadn't come up with any background for that SIM, so I turned around and teleported away when they wanted to scout me out lol.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel

Mermaids in Second Life

I wish I knew how to make all that stuff. Like I said, I made a skin, but that's it so far. I refuse to spend any money on SL. Especially when there are so many free options, but I am envious of other peeps' stuff.
    I role play as well but I'm not very good at it and I get nervous a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you have any requests for a mermaid tail, I can make mesh mermaid tails here for everyone in SL free of charge. I only ask if I can sell them in my store. I can also help anyone who would like to get situated in the Mystara sim or come up with a background story do that as well. I'm a regular in Mystara and play three mermen, two celestials...you name it. I love that place. Give me your user names and I'll add you to my friends list as well. I love to chat but I'm an older player that is still very active on several sims. Skyrah is another lovely place that is good for mer, then you have Estara as well.
    I am Mer Reiko...
    #mermreiko

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    I don't have the flashiest and trendiest outfits either, because I make everything myself
    but it suits me, and the stuff I want is not even sold, that's how weird I am

Mystara is a fantastic place, I agree!
    I was sloshing around in the underwater castle ruins when I caught sight of a regular Mystara member.
    I do roleplay, but I hadn't come up with any background for that SIM, so I turned around and teleported away when they wanted to scout me out lol.
    You have been scouted haha
    I am Mer Reiko...
    #mermreiko