Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any mers in for a meet-up? <3

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Sorry, France too. ^_^ What place would be somewhere central and easy to get to? And what kind of place? (Pool?)

Well, while discussing, Claire mentionned our waterpark in Paris called Aquaboulevard. It's a nice place where even gay parties have been hosted in the past. I know because i have been there in one of these parties. It was quite fun to hang out with lots of beautiful men in trunks LOL
    Back on topic, it's a good place for a merfolk reunion : the pool is pretty big and can make waves, lots of plants, hot tubs and slides to have fun with.
    We also have a big aquarium in the city which could be a nice thing to visit as a group.

I'm out of suggestions for now. Let me talk to Claire first to see if such an idea could be possible as I don't wanna make false hope.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    To make this fair, and to encourage more mers to come, I suggest everyone interested in making this happen state this and their location here.

Then we'll look this up on a map, and try to find (if possible) the middlest region of all of us.
    Once we've decided where that is, we can start looking for nice pools or aqua/dive ceters around that spot.

I'll start: I'm around Stuttgart (southern part of Germany).

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    I'm from Deventer, Netherlands, quite close to Germany. =)

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Once we have the info together, I'll draw everyone in a map and look for the lowest common denominator, so to speak.

(We could alternatively use the member map, but not everyone is up there, and I only want to draw in peeps who really want to participate.)

I'm from Antwerp, close to the border of the Netherlands
    The only two pool I can think of where mers can swim
    - Lakonia (http://www.lakonia.be/): they have 2 pool that are big enough for mers, but has a lot of chlorine and isn't deep.
    - HDE (http://www.hde.be/): it's a dive-pool that has 3 depths, but is very expensive to hire and quite small for a lot mers.
    One other pool thet I can think of is a private pool in some-mers garden or house, but I don't know any.
    The only reason I can train in my tail at our local pool, is because I have my own buddy. I don't think other mers can swim there with there tails

Whoops, we'll have to start a cat thread lol got out of hand pretty quick

Map idea sounds legit. Like I previously said I'm from South Finland (travelling for me it is no matter what)
    And I'm totally in if we can arrange a good sized, well-planned event. I wont fly w/ tail from behind god's back just to swim alone if you know what I mean
    Also, let's pick a country/city that is central and easy(and cheap) to travel to

Name:  24638281.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  119.0 KB
    Googled Aquaboulevard. So coooooooool

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Riiarin View Post
    I wont fly w/ tail from behind god's back just to swim alone if you know what I mean
    sure do
    That's what happened to our last plan.
    After it became obvious no one would be there except Sishakir and me, I suggested cancelling.

As it turned out, I couldn't have travelled then anyway, and I'm not sure whether Sishakir went (she mentioned having booked and her whole family going), she never reported back since then and I didn't spot her on the forum either.

So now, we have:

Netherlands (gonna use the exact locations on map)
    South Finland
    South Germany
    Belgium
    France

gonna post a map later.
    Last edited by Echidna; 01-10-2014 at 01:39 PM.

I'm from Bekguim ofcourse I'm from around Antwerp. But I'll have to ask my parents to drive me anywhere the event will take place (and looking if there is something they can do to)

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Alright, first map:

Name:  europemers.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  378.7 KB

For Austria and Finland, I didn't have an exact location, so I just placed the dot in the middle

From first glance, I'd say the middle for longitude is somewhere in Germany.
    Latitude- no idea.
    It's rather Netherlands/Belgium-heavy

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I'm from Rotterdam, the Netherlands. And I don't know any good pools to swim in around were I live. So far I've only found one pool that didn't mind me swimming in my tail, but it's small and has nothing special.
    I don't mind traveling as long as the costs don't go out of the roof (Likes to go to EuroFurence this year)
    Your imagination is your only limit

Add Echidna on Facebook
    your dot is on the map already

There are loads of all kinds of pools in Germany, but let's see who else turns up before choosing a locality.
    There's also to consider; will we rent the space out?
    Because that'd be a load of money, unless we find someone with a really big private pool

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I think it depends on the pool if we should rent it out. If its big I don't see any reason too, besides kids might like it when they could swim with mermaids.

And if I look on the member map, there should be a lot more European mermaids/men around, dunno how active they are though.
    Your imagination is your only limit

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurin Luna View Post
    And if I look on the member map, there should be a lot more European mermaids/men around, dunno how active they are though.
    yep, that's why I want some feedback before figuring them in.
    No use planning on a location and time when nobody'll show.

Senior Member Euro Pod *Celine*'s Avatar
    I know a big pool in Aalter, Belgium where I train. They allow mermaids so we could go there. the problem is that it's not very cozy, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't mind going to France, that pool looks amazing and the train tickets are really cheap if you book on time.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by *Celine* View Post
    I wouldn't mind going to France, that pool looks amazing and the train tickets are really cheap if you book on time.
    While the Aquaboulevard does indeed look very tempting, it's a popular and well-frequented spot:
    Name:  aquaboulevard1.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  88.3 KB

It'd be too dangerous to do anything there except lying on the pool's rim, imo.
    Maybe a less well-known and calmer place is advisable?

Besides, if we strive for similar travel distances for all mers, Paris is too far west.
    It's an ok distance from Belgium and Netherlands, but would make for quite a long trip from Austria
    (not to mention Finland).

Quote Originally Posted by caltuna View Post
    While the Aquaboulevard does indeed look very tempting, it's a popular and well-frequented spot
    Actually, when i talked to Claire, she mentionned that we could get the pool for ourselves only. At least, that's what i understood.
    But it's not really clear yet so i will talk to her when i can.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Evolet's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Evolet on Facebook
    even if i have to travel a long way from austria. i don't mind. i'll go wherever the meet up will be ;-)
    Mermaid at Heart <3

*Facebook: www.facebook.com/meerjungfrauevolet
    *Instagram: instagram.com/mermaidevolet

Senior Member Euro Pod *Celine*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caltuna View Post
    While the Aquaboulevard does indeed look very tempting, it's a popular and well-frequented spot:
    Name:  aquaboulevard1.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  88.3 KB

It'd be too dangerous to do anything there except lying on the pool's rim, imo.
    Maybe a less well-known and calmer place is advisable?

Besides, if we strive for similar travel distances for all mers, Paris is too far west.
    It's an ok distance from Belgium and Netherlands, but would make for quite a long trip from Austria
    (not to mention Finland).
    yeah, I see your point. But if it's like Arion said and we can get the pool to ourselves that would help.
    And you're right when it comes to distance,... Maybe we can vote or something? or find something in Belgium? that's kinda in the middle of things, no?

We have to think this one through, it's a tough cookie :-p