Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Any mers in for a meet-up? <3

Quote Originally Posted by *Celine* View Post
    yeah, I see your point. But if it's like Arion said and we can get the pool to ourselves that would help.
    And you're right when it comes to distance,... Maybe we can vote or something? or find something in Belgium? that's kinda in the middle of things, no?

We have to think this one through, it's a tough cookie :-p

When I go swimming in my tail, it's at a hotel pool and they are ok with that. It's called Althem hotel in Grobbendonk.

http://www.aldhem.be/home-en-us/facilities/ you can check my youtube videos for a look at the pool

http://www.logereninvlaanderen.com/i...ntwerpen09.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

yeah, I see your point. But if it's like Arion said and we can get the pool to ourselves that would help.
    And you're right when it comes to distance,... Maybe we can vote or something? or find something in Belgium? that's kinda in the middle of things, no?

We have to think this one through, it's a tough cookie :-p
    Don't worry about the distance, I'm okay with France. Always wanted to there

Senior Member Euro Pod *Celine*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel Starfish View Post
    When I go swimming in my tail, it's at a hotel pool and they are ok with that. It's called Althem hotel in Grobbendonk.

http://www.aldhem.be/home-en-us/facilities/ you can check my youtube videos for a look at the pool

http://www.logereninvlaanderen.com/i...ntwerpen09.jpg
    looks good, but is it big enough for multiple mers being in the water at the same time? It's looks a bit small but maybe it's just me.
    And yeah I wouldn't mind going to France either.

I was thinking maybe we should check for available dates for everyone because that's going to be a problem too, I think...

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    The next Magictail-Meeting event is set for March 16th
    (apparently in Freiburg, where their swim school is situated).

Probably more a german affair, but since I don't know whether I will be able to travel much farther,
    I'll try to be there.
    Would be awesome if someone from this forum would come too, so I know at least one person xD

I'll post updates as soon as they're announced.

looks like we're in some kind of impasse here :-p, any news?

maybe we should check which period we want or can meet, I'm available during the easter holidays and most likely the summer holidays.

My original post was ment to meet one, perhaps two people of my area and discuss all our mer stuff etc. But If this is going to be a bigger event, that's great news to! <3

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Add Pascal21M on Facebook
    Like the NCMerfest?

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal21M View Post
    Like the NCMerfest?
    If only that were possible... I would love that

Senior Member Euro Pod
    I wanna meet mers so badly.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    I'm really up for a meet. Can't wait to talk to other mers. I don't think the people around me (even my boyfriend) understand how deep this passion goes. The only weeks I'm not available is the end of april (around easter) and the first week of august. Other then that I can meet about every weekend.

@ Marijke: We def need to plan our little trip! <3 Pm me on FB

Senior Member Euro Pod
    I'm also ready.

So then there's still the issue of where we're going to meet, some locations where tossed in but no definitive decisions where made.... Are there other locations people are thinking of?

Add Echidna on Facebook
    I was mentioning the Magictail Gathering because it's a lot like a Convention.
    The pool is rented by mers, there is a program plan with events and stuff, one well-known pro mermaid joins, and so on.

Not sure how full it's going to be this year, but I bet it's a larger affair.
    I didn't mean it to be a replacement for the European meet-up though.

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Add Meet A Mermaid on Facebook
    I came on this to talk about a meet up and then I saw the pictures of cats. I LOVE CATS! I have one at my house, a big bruiser called Jerry, weighs 7 kg. Then I have 3 at my mum's called Minnie (she moochers), and Cats Domino and Cat King Cole (we suspect they are both Jerry's daughter as he was the stray of the area and they look and behave exactly the same as him.)
    We have a stray cat at my mum's talked Tom, the enemy of Jerry. Gorgeous cat but not very trusting so we have bought him a hut for outside my mums. And finally we had three other cats who are no long with us Salem, who unfortunately became the three legged pirate cat due to cancer, suki (my beautiful little lady) and Tess who was my first best friend and born the same week as me to my parents old cat. My uncle also has a cat called sam who is like our cat. He was my nannie's cat and we was always there growing up. He is now 24 years old and is super soft.
    I'm a super crazy cat lady. Sorry! Hope people will still like me ! x

Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    So then there's still the issue of where we're going to meet, some locations where tossed in but no definitive decisions where made.... Are there other locations people are thinking of?
    I don't know any pools around here that are big enough for a bunch of mers. Maybe we could at least decide what month we plan to meet? I personally prefer later in the year so I'll have a tail (mine will be ready at the end of summer hopefully). And because that would give enough time to plan this thing and save some money up for travel and maybe a place to stay if it's far away. =)

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I agree, and maybe we can go to a lake, if the water is warm enough that is, if we can't find a pool to swim in.
    Your imagination is your only limit

Add Echidna on Facebook
    If lakes are an option, that would solve any space and rent problems

Just need to find one that's clear and safe enough (motorboats, jetski...)

A lake would be nice, yes! The water in the Netherlands is very cloudy.. no clear lakes at all around here. Maybe in Germany or France? Maybe have a pool nearby as a backup option? (if the weather is really bad)