Thread: Places to swim other than pools and the ocean?

Red face Places to swim other than pools and the ocean?

I was wondering if you have ever swam (swum?) anywhere other than a pool or the ocean? I know that there exists all kinds of interesting water-filled quaries, lakes-both natural and man made-, springs, etc. I have once gone swimming in a man-made lake with a beach at a nature park as a end-of-middle-school picnic and hurrah, but I forget its name. My friend once went swimming in a super deep quarry that was turned into a swimming club. Where have you gone swimming?

Hecks yeah. Lakes, rivers, canals, once I did a lap in an ornamental fish pond on a dare. Didn't get caught, though xD

"An ocean without its unnamed monsters would be like a completely dreamless sleep."- John Steinbeck

Dutch Springs is a SCUBA diving quarry in Pennsylvania, with a bunch of sunken vehicles (including a School Bus you can swim through). I've also enjoyed swimming at lakes, like Westtown Lake, very near my home. Technically the bays might not count as being the Ocean, but I've been swimming there as well. I've also been swimming (and even, during a horseriding class, rode a horse back and forth through) a stream on occasion.

you should get a pic with you and the buses some time

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod
    There is a beautiful place in Pennsylvania called Rickett's Glen State Park. They have several waterfalls, some with pools that can be swam in. It's a gorgeous location for mer swimming, photo shoots, videos, etc. However, it is a natural location, and some of the waterfalls require a tough hike to get to. And the rocks in the water are very slippy. I almost broke a toe while getting in my tail. So, it is definitely a place to be extra careful. :-)

Not too fond of pools and our river here is pretty nasty and murky, so it's always the Atlantic for me. Or the Gulf when in the Keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Aryana View Post
    Not too fond of pools and our river here is pretty nasty and murky, so it's always the Atlantic for me. Or the Gulf when in the Keys.

There are a ton of freshwater springs , about an hour orso from Jacksnville. I know this because I am a Jax Bch native and spent my summers at the springs.
    The Ocala National Forest hasmy fave, Silver Glen , as well as many others including : Blue Springs State Park, Kelly Springs, Salt Springs, RainbowSprings, Alexander Springs, and Juniper Springs. Over in the Gainsville area tere is Ginnnie Springs, Otter Springs and Fanning Springs . Head to thecpanhandle area for Itchatucknee, DeLeon, and Blue Hole.

You know... I've lived in Florida all my life and have yet to go to the springs?