Thread: Mertender woes

Mertender woes

Hi Everymer,

I am seriously considering pursuing a career as a professional mermaid, but I have come across one obstacle (besides that of not having a tail yet). I don't have a mertender strong enough to lift me. I have my best friend and my mum, who have both offered to help me with this but my best friend is not strong enough to lift me and my mum, being 60, is most definitely not strong enough, lol. Is it absolutely necessary to be physically lifted up? Could I possibly avoid it by getting around in a wheelchair or dolly cart and just hoisting myself up from the floor into the chair using my arms and making sure to not put any pressure on the heels of my tail?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    I can think of lots of creative ways to get around the problem - a wheelbarrow, a wheelchair like you mentioned, even a modified wooden go kart! You could decorate them with seaweed and shells You could possibly even put wheels and a handle on one of those plastic shell sandpits.

Oooh yes those all sound like great ideas! Everyone else always seems to have some big strong dude on hand to do their heavy lifting and I just don't. But you certainly have given me ideas