Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Why we don't advise full silicone tails for your first tail.

As a mermaid who first swam in a latex tail I HIGHLY recommend not getting a silicone tail as a 1st time swim. It was difficult for me to get my bearings. If I wasn't so passionate or sure that this is what I wanted to do I think I would have just dropped this dream. Cloth tails are perfect to really figure out if this is something you want to pursue without investing a lot.

With everything in this post I wonder where does mertailors fantasea fin with fabric or neoprean skins fit in? The fin by its self is silicone. Then you have the option of adding fabric or neoprean skins to it. Where would y’all rate everything beginner or intermediate?

I’ve started out with a finfun but find that I am uncomfortable in it because there is zero stiffness and power in the monofin it’s just incredibly bendy. I have ordered a mertailor fantasy fin with a matching fabric skin so I can practice and get in good mermaid shape before I send the measurements out for my silicone tail.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I couldn't agree with this one anymore. I love mermaiding. But actually doing it anymore? Not so much... I love watching others and going on the Mernetwork every night. But I feel as if I have moved on from my tail. It was lot of fun and I got a couple swims out of it. But I think I'm going to sell mine. When I first wanted a tail, I knew it would be a good idea to start with a more cheaper end tail. I don't feel bad that I spent only $200 for my tail. It was worth it for the fun I had. But now I think I want to pass the torch. [/COLOR]
    Are you selling your tail? If you post it on classified I may purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    With everything in this post I wonder where does mertailors fantasea fin with fabric or neoprean skins fit in? The fin by its self is silicone. Then you have the option of adding fabric or neoprean skins to it. Where would y’all rate everything beginner or intermediate?

I’ve started out with a finfun but find that I am uncomfortable in it because there is zero stiffness and power in the monofin it’s just incredibly bendy. I have ordered a mertailor fantasy fin with a matching fabric skin so I can practice and get in good mermaid shape before I send the measurements out for my silicone tail.

I went to the Mertailor's physical store yesterday and got to hold a fantasea monofin. It's really not much heavier than a solid rubber monofin, and feels like you'd get some decent propulsion out of it. Honestly, I think it would be safe for a first timer, or at least not much different from going with a mahina.

I started with a neoprene tail for my first tail too, so you should be good to go.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

x2 I think starting with the fantasea monofin and a tailskin is good.

I think most tails are great for a beginner. However, tails that will obviously have drag to them, such as those with many extra fins or a fluke with lots of trailing fabric, are probably not good for a new mer. Not saying that a new mer can't handle swimming in that kind of tail, but just saying that it is better to start with a simpler tail that will be fun and have minimal drag to introduce mermaiding in a positive way instead of, "Oh my gosh, I'm swimming as hard as I can and I'm hardly getting anywhere. This is horrible!"
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    x2 I think starting with the fantasea monofin and a tailskin is good.

I think most tails are great for a beginner. However, tails that will obviously have drag to them, such as those with many extra fins or a fluke with lots of trailing fabric, are probably not good for a new mer. Not saying that a new mer can't handle swimming in that kind of tail, but just saying that it is better to start with a simpler tail that will be fun and have minimal drag to introduce mermaiding in a positive way instead of, "Oh my gosh, I'm swimming as hard as I can and I'm hardly getting anywhere. This is horrible!"
    Yes this is very true. A person who has been doing swimming and is a very good swimmer probably can handle tails with more drag earlier on

In order to turn your social accounts profit, buy google voice number with bitcoin you have to make sure that you're using the right strategies. Facebook and Twitter, for instance, are notorious for ripping off businesses by guesstimating their customers' interests. These companies then use the data from their users to determine which ads to send to them, but sometimes the data is incorrect. If an ad is sent to a user who won't click through to the product or service, buy gmail accounts in bulk Facebook will lose money.