Hey Mer-peeps!
Okay so, if you've seen my tail making thread you'll know that I'm having some horrid issues with my silicone curing!!
So I'm making a list. What is stopping the silicone from curing. If anyone thinks of anything else or whatever - add it on!
Just put the kind of material your using first so we know whats going on So if you know something stops latex from curing add it to the list!

Platinum Cure Silicone (addition cure)

- Latex
- Rubber
- Some types of wood
- incorrect ratios. you can have extra part B but never part A
- Whatever you used to clean out your mold with, some soaps leave a residue (Always rinse out thoroughly)
- Release agents; Silicone will only stick to silicone. you do not need a release agent for it. But if you used a release agent to remove the original object from the mold, make sure you wash correctly afterwards
- Mixing containers. They can have residue left in them from their factories, wash them out well!
- Vinyl
- plastic painters drop sheets, use canvas ones instead (or some old sheets)
- vaseline and petroleum based products.
- Gloves; rubber, latex, vinyl (use nitrile gloves if you have to use some)
- the bloody weather (unfortunately there is no way to control this one unless you're in an area where you have air con/climate control
- sulphur based product (Like clay! Go Monster Makers or Go home!)
- Tin Cure or Condensation Cure silicone (I know they're the same thing, but in Australia if you see the words condensation cure you'll now know what you're looking at.)

So that's the start of the list. If anyone has anything to add, go for it. It benefits the community to know what stops different mediums from curing
Happy Tailmaking Peoples!