Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FEEDBACK REQUESTED ON MERNETWORK ADVERTISEMENT

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

FEEDBACK REQUESTED ON MERNETWORK ADVERTISEMENT

We're going to be running a print ad and I was hoping you guys could give some feedback on which you like best. Also, what do you think of the tagline? Any input would be much appreciated!

I like the the first one best an I think you should delete the a and have it just say "be part of the pod" just my opion
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

I like the first and last one! The middle two don't have very prominent tails in the shot =)

I'd have to go with the first. The underwater aspect and the visible tails make it much more appealing to the fact that this is a merfolk forum.
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

I totally agree with Aubrin.

I love the first one. Also, I don't think you need the comma. So it's "Be part of the pod at Mernetwork.com"
    Mermaid Jewel

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    I like the first one. Also I agree with Jewel. It should say: "Be part of the pod at Mernetwork.com."

FIRST!!!
    I Believe

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I prefer "be part of the pod" Keep it simple

I agree with Raina. If the Mernetwork logo is at the bottom, I think we can skip having 'at mernetwork.com' at the end of the tagline.
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

I like the tagline "be a part of the pod" but I wish the pictures showed more of the tails.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

The reason I made the tagline have "at mernetwork.com" is because while it should be logical that if it says its a forum named mernetwork that its probably at the URL mernetwork.com, I didn't want to take any chances and felt that "mernetwork.com" should be somewhere on the ad. Also the repetition helps people remember the name.

I like it. I think the first two are very good. Short and simple is best and more memorable if used multiple times.

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I prefer "be part of the pod" Keep it simple
    Agreeing with Raina. Repetition in audio advertising works great, as long as the repeated branding occurs after several minutes of something different - in the case of a small visual advertisement it just doesn't make sense to be redundant. The fewer words you use, the more valuable they each are.

The first picture shows the tails best, so it's a clear winner, but you may want to actually hire a photographer if you're going to be paying for advertisements so you get a really clean & well-lit image.

If you're using these adds on Google, or somewhere that can link to the site, you don't ever need to say "Mernetwork.com" - if you're putting them in a magazine, you can add the ".com" to the end of the logo.

< / 2¢ >

www.swimmingmermaid.com
    www.facebook.com/swimmingmermaid

"Anything you want to do, do it. Want to change the world? There's nothing to it."

It isn't going to be on a website, its going to be in Mermaids Magazine. And you're right, the quality of the image isn't great, but I can't really schedule a special photoshoot or anything. All of these pictures are just the ones I have from the convention in August. In the future whenever I get the chance to swim with people I'm going to try to take some good photos for use in promotional material and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by APhishOutofWater View Post
    I totally agree with Aubrin.
    yay
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    I too agree with Aubrin. First one, minus the "a".

Also, aside from the image quality (which can't be helped, plus, I'm betting that I took that, so I can't complain), it looks really well done. I can't believe you have such a good shot for the ad.

Another option, in lieu of hiring a photographer - depending on the size of your advert, it might be cleaner & more memorable to just put the MerNetwork logo up with a short caption under it and leave it at that. If the add is going into a magazine -full- of high quality images of mermaids, rather than put a snapshot amongst them (even if it is a cute one), getting your logo in there might make a better impression.

www.swimmingmermaid.com
    www.facebook.com/swimmingmermaid

"Anything you want to do, do it. Want to change the world? There's nothing to it."

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    When I said that, I was meaning to refer to the first add as opposed to "global pod".

Well nearly everyone on the site has a good/semi-good quality picture. If you tried to put as many as you could get permission for into a grid (like Brady Bunch I guess?) then put the message over it, that could be another option for an ad that's more higher quality
    Mermaid Jewel