Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Underwater Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Marla View Post
    Hi everyone... this is the first time I have posted over here at the new site. I really like the new format! Well, here is my first real video I made...
    Totally awesome! I really dig the location.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel

Talking First time swimming in my test tail. Second swim in a tail.

Ok! So I finally got a chance to take a swim in my test tail (It was made for measurement purposes to make sure my realistic tail that I am making will fit) These are the first two clips taken today. This would be considered my second time swimming in a tail (the first was at an audition). Let me know what you think!

This next one I think I want to try and turn into a GIF and make it part of my signature. If anyone knows how to do this I would be super grateful for the help! My boyfriend and I decided to have some fun with the shoot since it was our anniversary

And this next short clip was My boyfriend (merpirate)'s idea. It is based on the idea that a mermaids kiss can save a sailor from drowning.

I hope you like them! Special Thanks to MerPirate and Siren for filming! Love you both!

OMG I LOVE THE VIDS STAR!!
    I Believe

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    Me too! I really like the last one!

Thank you guys! I am going to try and get in the pool some more and record some new clips soon. I still need to upload one more but I needto figure out how to add sounds effects. I am still new to making videos. Lol

Hey Guys! I have some new clips I would like to share. (I put my makeup on for this one! ) I would love to splice some of these together so you wouldn't have to keep watching a bunch of 15 second videos but I am still trying to figure out how to procure a program without cost (and then learn to use it). Until then, I hope you enjoy my very short clips!

This first clip is of my first swim in my second fabric test tail. The measurements were adjusted in the width (I took it in by a few inches) but surprisingly with this material the length was just right and did not need to be adjusted.

This next one is of my "Dive by" Mermaiding. "Merpirate" was hanging out in the pool and turned to see me swim right in front of his face. He thought it was neat and asked me to do it again so he could film it. This is the product of that request.

This one is of My friend, Linda "Siren", and I playing in the pool blowing bubble rings.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I would love to splice some of these together so you wouldn't have to keep watching a bunch of 15 second videos but I am still trying to figure out how to procure a program without cost.
    Check out downloads.cnet.com. You can search for software, and filter it to just show you free programs. For basic video editing there should be free stuff out there. And cnet checks to make sure all the files are virus free.

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    Check out downloads.cnet.com. You can search for software, and filter it to just show you free programs. For basic video editing there should be free stuff out there. And cnet checks to make sure all the files are virus free.
    Awesome! Thank you!!!!

Awesome Videos baby. They really do look good!!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    My above/underwater video of my Koi Tail:
    Last edited by Mermaid Hamant; 09-15-2011 at 11:25 PM.

I have a videeeoo! It was so much fun to make, but I still have a lot to learn (and the silicone tail is much trickier to swim in than my fabric one). It was a really fun/mellow video shoot with friends and we had a blast. Definitely doing this more in the future. Let me know what you think! <3

www.swimmingmermaid.com
    www.facebook.com/swimmingmermaid

"Anything you want to do, do it. Want to change the world? There's nothing to it."

I have one too Or actually two. Both of mine were filmed underwater!

Sorry for the bad quality. The camera is actually films really well (HD quality!) but I get too impatient for those giant file sizes to load so I export from Final Cut in a smaller file version which makes the quality degrade a little

Last summer. This was filmed for me by other people so the camera is actually in focus on me for once lol.

This summer...I filmed this by myself

Yes I use a lot of ballet music ^.^
    Mermaid Jewel

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    Those are so awesome, Jewel!! I especially like the Nutcracker music in the first one. I've never heard such and interesting interpretation!

Thanks! ^.^ Oh right, I remixed a recording I had of the Nutcracker music in Garageband and added those drum beats
    Mermaid Jewel

Gorgeous Ide!
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

My buddy and I exploring our favorite wreck. The Yo-257 rest at 100+ ft of water.

*OOPS! just realize I posted the wrong video. The video above is me diving in Monterey California. Diving with the sea lions are pretty awesome.

Here is the correct video. Paul and I diving the YO-257

And the corsair wreck, resting at 104' of water. I am the one in the mono fin. It was right after my torn MCL and wasn't up to my normal depths yet. My dive buddy Paul is the real Merman. He drowned when he was 10, Fell in a frozen pond in his back yard. Dad found him under the ice, with no idea how long he was under. I've seen him do some pretty unhuman stuff underwater, I can't even summarize all the amazing dives in a short forum post.

Last edited by Derek Broussard; 10-03-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Wrong video

Thanks Lorelei!

Derek, that is totally badass. I love how many seals are just hanging out in the first video.

www.swimmingmermaid.com
    www.facebook.com/swimmingmermaid

"Anything you want to do, do it. Want to change the world? There's nothing to it."