Thread: Minnesota Winter Swim

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Pod of Texas
    Pod of the Great Lakes

Minnesota Winter Swim

Let me know if you are interested in a group meet up, and I will start looking for a place for us.

I usually swim at my local YMCA in White Bear Lake, MN. Halfway between the Twin Cities and the WI border.
    I can check with them if they would be open to hosting us, and maybe we could even make it a small event for guests of the Y to meet mermaids?
    Thoughts on that?

Sounds lovely, Meko!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene Web• Neptune's Keep Web• Facebook•MG YouTube•NK YouTube•Etsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

This would be fun if I'm free. I've never had the chance to see a mertail and would love to see one sometime.
    Last edited by nightdiver; 10-29-2014 at 03:53 PM.

We should make this happen!

Mermaid Galene Web• Neptune's Keep Web• Facebook•MG YouTube•NK YouTube•Etsy Shop

I would come if I had a tail. Hopefully I will have one soon!

I would love to get together with other Mers!

I would love to meet up with you folks, too, but I don't have the time this winter to organize a meetup. If someone else makes arrangements, I'll be there!

Next summer we'd be happy to host another merpicnic/swim. That was way fun!

I would be interested. No tail yet but I could lifeguard, carry, or take photos.

That would be awesome one of my parents or grandparents would have to come with me since im not old enough to drive

For the record I have also never done a polar bear plunge. I seem to always miss them.

If we do this, I think it will be an indoor swim. Or we could just dive onto an ice floe and get stuck, waving our little flukes helplessly. Which would make for an interesting photoshoot.

And an even more interesting rescue