Thread: Concord Mill's Sea Life Aquarium

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar

Concord Mill's Sea Life Aquarium

(Formerly known as Æolius)

Senior Member Pod of The South MermanZen's Avatar
    One of the NC mermaids or mermen should ask for a gig there!!!!

So exciting!!! I just emailed them! I'm close enough to commute!! I really hope they're interested!!

It's a bout a 45 minute drive, for me. I'm looking at my calendar to see if I can make it on the 20th.

Pearlie,
    I really wanted to, but I can't find an actual email! I sent a message through their page and there's no way to attach photos! I called them too, but I could only find a ticket line and they told me to just send a message through the page....I'm trying to get on Facebook right now....I'm hoping there's an email in there somewhere!

It would really be a dream come true if they were interested! I love working with kids and they get so excited when they see me in a tail!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I found this on their website: comments@merlinentertainments.biz
    Thanks pearlie!

dan,

they have fish like your tail! Yours is based on the red drum right?!
    We should plan a mer meetup! Maybe julz can come too!

I missed the news about a red drum! Yes, that was the inspiration for my Finfolk tail!

February 20th is a Thursday. Odd. They have requested contact information and any other pertinent information, to be given further details about the event.

I thought I would keep everyone in the loop, regarding the aquarium. Today I received a response about a merfolk presence at the grand opening:

Hi, Merman Dan!

Thank you for reaching out to SEA LIFE Charlotte-Concord! We are very happy to hear you and your fellow merfolk are excited for the Grand Opening event.

We are currently in the process of finalizing details concerning appearances, so I will be sure to let you know if we decide to have merfolk join us at our event. We will gladly keep your information on file however, for our future promotional needs after we open. Quick question - do you and your merfolk charge for appearances?

Thanks again for reaching out. We know having merfolk at our event would be a real treat for the attendees!

Best,

autumn blackmon
    account coordinator

I was in touch with someone different....I guess they have a lot of people working on events! They asked me if I charged for events/ how much per hour and for my phone number. I haven't heard back after I sent them that though.

While I would be willing to appear for free at the grand opening (the pirates are coming for free if it works out) it would be nice if we could get them interested in hiring mermaids as a regular paid gig.

Is anyone else close enough to be interested in working there on a regular basis? Like every weekend or every other weekend? I'm really hope that they might consider hiring mermaids/mermen! I'm willing to make the drive down there
    if anyone else is interested please let me know! It makes sense to team up and figure out a reasonable rate so we don't tell them different things!

Eeeep I'm so happy this might work out for y'all!! Merfolk, invade ALL THE AQUARIUMS!!!
    "The cure for anything is saltwater: sweat, tears, or the sea​" ~Isak Dinesen

I agree that there should be no charge for appearing at the grand opening, with contracts for future appearances to be negotiated after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    I agree that there should be no charge for appearing at the grand opening, with contracts for future appearances to be negotiated after that.
    Sounds like a good plan

it would be awesome if you could do a kids program about the red drum! I think it would be great for kids to see a merman.....there really aren't enough of them around and it would be a great way to get boys interested too

I wish I was closer....sounds like an awesome opportunity