Thread: CASTING CALL - Sheroes Entertainment & Brenda Stumpf Photography

CASTING CALL - Sheroes Entertainment & Brenda Stumpf Photography

You've been enchanted by our work, given your heart to the sea, and dreamed of joining us in our incredible adventures. This Saturday night ONLY is your one in a lifetime chance to introduce yourself for casting consideration to the world's leading underwater photographer Brenda Stumpf and one of the world's top aquatic entertainment companies, Sheroes Entertainment. We have never opened up our casting to an open call before for mermaids, underwater models, or costumers.

Sheroes Entertainment's work has been featured at Paris Fashion Week, in short films, two magazines, VH1, MTV, country clubs, our own book - The Mermaid Project, and countless private parties. Our talent is setting the standard for what it means to be a mermaid in paid work and artistic endeavors with our unprecedented safety regimes, professional work ethic, collaborative work environment, and aquatic technical knowledge.

In celebration of four of our prints being unveiled at Envy Beauty Studios both companies will be on site to meet potential artists for possible casting considerations in our upcoming work. You are HIGHLY encouraged to bring your current portfolios and water skills/performance credentials and resumes to this event.

Saturday February 8, 2014
    5PM (sharp)
    314 Elm Ave. Long Beach, CA 90802

Sheroes Entertainment is scouting for the following specific skillsets:
    • Professional mermaids with their own silicone tails and event experience
    • NAUI or PADI certified open water divers, rescue divers, dive masters, and dive instructors
    • American Red Cross Certified Lifeguards
    • American Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructors
    • Competition-grade Synchronized Swimmers with their own polished/performance-ready routines
    • Sculptors / special effects mask makers
    • Event Photographers & Videographers

Good luck!
    Sheroes Entertainment LLC
    Visit us at:
    www.sheroesentertainment.com
    Follow us on Instagram at: @mermaids_sheroes_entertainment
    Like us on Facebook at:
    https://www.facebook.com/SheroesEntertainment

Hollywood's underwater stunt performance team - stunning professional mermaids and lifeguards available internationally.
    >The Home of LA Mermaid School<

Oh how I wish I still lived nearby...
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Ooo! Good luck to those that apply!

WishI could apply

Why can't I live in Cali

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by SheroesEntertainment View Post
    Sheroes Entertainment is scouting for the following specific skillsets:
    • Professional mermaids with their own silicone tails and event experience
    So, does that mean you wouldn't cast a Weeki-Wachi performer or someone of comparable skill, just because they don't own a silicone tail?
    I could understand that if you were only looking to do stills, but if you're doing stills, why would a
    "Competition-grade Synchronized Swimmer" need to have "their own polished/performance-ready routine"?

Sounds a bit inconsistent to me.
    It's like choosing synchro swimmers not for skill, but only inviting those who own a several thousand bucks bathing suit

But hey, your business.

Good luck to those who wish to apply.

Why don't I live in California!!!???
    Facebook~ Youtube ~ Instagram
    ~ Phoenix Mermaid ~

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Mermaid View Post
    Why don't I live in California!!!???
    Right?? I lived in SoCal (San Diego) for 5 years and didn't even hear that this company was there until I moved to Washington state :P

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Our desired skillset list for the live performance company aspect at this casting call was developed based on client requests and our geographic market needs. Performers must already be performance ready as our clients want to know exactly what they are getting before they book an entertainment option.
    Visit us at:
    Like us on Facebook at:

Hollywood's underwater stunt performance team - stunning professional mermaids and lifeguards available internationally.

Will look into this after i get a silicone tail and have it for awhile

Will you be holding more casting calls in the future for mermaids? I might be moving to California later in the year.
    Mermaid Sparkle

I'm interested, especially since it's so close to my mom's house. But since I won't be finishing my silicone tail until summer when the weather is more favorable for working with it, I guess I'll be passing on this one.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

I live in Honolulu, so close and yet so far away. :-) Cali is on our list, but only after Germany and England, so we pry won't move there within the next 5 years. :-/ Maybe after that.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Performers must already be performance ready as our clients want to know exactly what they are getting before they book an entertainment option.
    A mermaid doesn't need a silicone tail to be performance ready.
    There are many tails made from other materials which look just as beautiful and life-like.

Sequins, for example, can be shiny like real fishscales- something silicone, however gaily painted, can hardly achieve.

By your standards (and those of your clients), a world-famous and acclaimed professional like Hannah Fraser wouldn't be considered performance-ready, because her tails aren't made from silicone.

As someone who has seen many performers in non-silicone tails outshine those with them (some of who can barely swim, by the way), I really dislike seeing this kind of attitude to spread.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Caltuna, I think you're being a bit nit-picky. The company's preference is the mermaids have silicone tails. That doesn't mean they are saying that someone like Hannah isn't performance ready. It's just their performing preference.

If you check out their page, they don't work with just silicone tails either. Several of their land mers have spandex tails. And I am currently working on a neoprene tail for one of their ladies. So, really shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Just my 2 cents.

Personally, I wish this was a few months out as I'll be moving to San Diego, and will be finishing my silicone tail before then.
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Add Echidna on Facebook
    It wasn't my intention to be "nit-picky".
    I merely quoted what they said, and that included the need of a silicone tail to be able to perform.

Of course, everyone is free to do/prefer/cast whatever they like.

I'm just a bit sad that more and more, non-silicone tails are excluded from any kind of "pro mermaid" activity,
    when many of them look just as nice (and are actually better suited to perform water acrobatics in).

Caltuna, with all due respect, I believe that you are misreading our ad. In it we state that not only we are looking for "Professional mermaids with their own silicone tails and event experience" but also all of the following skill sets:

· NAUI or PADI certified open water divers, rescue divers, dive masters, and dive instructors
    · American Red Cross Certified Lifeguards
    · American Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructors
    · Competition-grade Synchronized Swimmers with their own polished/performance-ready routines
    · Sculptors / special effects mask makers
    · Event Photographers & Videographers

PLUS underwater models and costumers.

That's a lot of different water opportunity!

Morticia Mermaid is correct, if a performer blows us away with having multiple specializations related to water we do work with them regardless of tail type and actively look for opportunities for them to showcase their skills in projects that are not dependent on a silicone tail client requirement. As an example, one of our members came to us with a BS in Marine Biology, multiple years of educational curriculum development experience for the state parks service related to oceans, wonderful references, and a spandex tail. We loved her education, team-player personality, and solid passion for teaching children about oceanic research so we were delighted to bring her on even though she was using a spandex tail and not a silicone tail like the bulk of our team. Another mermaid didn't even have a tail when she started but had an incredible "can do" attitude, event management experience, is a phenomenal certified swim instructor/WSI/Lifeguard, has synchro and competitive swimming skills, an utter passion for special adaptive education training, and knows out community water resources like the back of her fin. Her tail isn't even here yet but she's going out on other types of work because she's just such an amazing person to work with and has such incredible solid skills in other areas.

If you don't have a silicone tail but have other solid supporting skills that can keep up with the likes of these incredible ladies we would love to meet you on Saturday.

As of right now we do not have any additional castings planned for this year. If that changes we will definitely announce them. Hope to meet everyone there!
    Visit us at:
    Like us on Facebook at:

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    I can't wait until the next casting call, personally. I'll be moving to San Diego in Late April, early May. Have quite a few of the skill sets you ladies are looking for.
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Add Echidna on Facebook
    If you don't have a silicone tail but have other solid supporting skills that can keep up with the likes of these incredible ladies we would love to meet you on Saturday.
    I didn't comment on my behalf, since I'm not in the US, so I couldn't apply even if I wanted to.

Thanks for elaborating a bit though, maybe some mer who previously wouldn't have applied because they don't have a silicone tail will give it a try now

Senior Member Pod of Cali Sirenade's Avatar
    I hope it went well for your group! I encouraged a couple people to go, but I am not sure if they turned up. Looking forward to another opportunity in the future.