Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fae/fairy community

Fae/fairy community

I just bought a pair of wings and am now Fairy Moonfire as well as Mermaid Harmony, I have a sneak peak picName:  fairys are real.jpg
Views: 1726
Size:  53.8 KB

I was wondering (I've searched but couldn't find much) if anyone is aware of a fairy community online like ours, or sites or the like. I'm looking for more of those who perform as fairies, or believe they are, instead of the pagan sites about fairy celtic findings in different locations, (two different purposes of the different sites, and I'm looking for more of the first) :-)
    Thank you!!
    I also realized today, that all the (usual) things girl's dream of being when they grow up, a mermaid, princess/queen, and a fairy and I have now knocked all those off my list, I need to make a new one.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

You look beautiful! ^_^ I have very similar wings- I think from the same place! I cant help with finding the fae/fairy community, but I'd also be interested! I have quite a few friends who relate to fae & elves the same way I relate to mermaids, it would be nice if there was a community for them too! ^_^

I got them from fancyfairy wings and things. :-)
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com

ah yes, thats where I got mine from! ^_^ They are so beautiful, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Harmony View Post
    I was wondering (I've searched but couldn't find much) if anyone is aware of a fairy community online like ours, or sites or the like. I'm looking for more of those who perform as fairies, or believe they are, instead of the pagan sites about fairy celtic findings in different locations, (two different purposes of the different sites, and I'm looking for more of the first) :-)

There are- have you Googled 'faery forum'? I haven't used any fae forum, so I can't recommend any, but yep. There are a few.

I did, most of those are about faery myths, or the celtic pagan side of things. There are two that look like they might be what I'm looking for but one only has two people on it, and the other one looked like a blog. I'll go back again and look through it.
    www.mermaidharmony.com

I've been looking or one as well. I even thought of making one when I couldn't find any. But I didn't know where to advertise the forum at if I made it because It's very hard for some reason to find Faery costumers and performers!

Beautiful wings harmony!! I've been thinking for awhile now that I want to make a fairy costume one of these days, and after seeing your wings, I'm totally convinced I need a pair!!

I intend to buy one pair as well for Gay pride this coming June. I still don't know which look I wanna pull off : merman or fairy

You also might try asking on FAE Magazine's FB page. It's a beautiful magazine, full of lovely photos of people in faery wear, among other things.

https://www.facebook.com/FaeMagazine

And there are great faery wear clothing companies out there... TPF Faerywear, Alienskin, Gypsy Moon. And of course at Faeryworlds and Faerycon, tons of faery wings and clothes.

I'm trying to remember the forums I checked out a few years ago, some were pretty busy then. But, it's been so long, I cannot recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    I intend to buy one pair as well for Gay pride this coming June. I still don't know which look I wanna pull off : merman or fairy
    I vote merman!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    I vote BOTH! Why not wear a tail and wings?! You would make a great merfairy!

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure there's a fairy community. Considering that they had a magazine before the merfolk community it might be older and larger. Another thing fairies have going for them: fairies don't have to worry about being near water or public pools. Hopefully Iona will share her two cents in this thread. Pretty sure she's been into fairies for a while.

And Arion, I second MerEmma! Go with merman. There might be some other people there with fairy wings, but you'll probably be the only merman there.

Fun story- I actually was into the fairy community before I found out there were swimmable mermaid tails! There was a whole community on Myspace, and I also ran the Fairy/Fae part of one version of Seatails for a while. I was obsessed with tracking down all kinds of information and even started a comprehensive tutorial on how to make every type of wings (there was extremely little info at the time, kind of like how making tails was, and they've both since evolved). But I dropped that like a sack of bricks when I found out about mermaid tails, haha!

I know there are tons of Ren Fairies and pro Fairies all over the place- a lot of pro mermaids are or use to double as pro fairies as well- but I've never seen a forum for them. If I hadn't gotten into mermaiding there probably would be one, but MerNetwork wouldn't be around :P I'd thought about making another forum for it but this place takes up so much of my time, no way I could do it all. Though we have the software and the hosting.. humm..

I know there's a LiveJournal group, but it's died sadly (like everything else on LJ it seems) I bet you there are lots of FB groups though!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Also, the fairy look suits you Harmony/Moonfire! So pretty ^_^ I have a pair of Fancy Fairy wings, but they're the purple "retail" ones- the custom ones she makes are so much prettier! I'm jelly! ..fish *ba-dum tss* teehehe ;D

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    If I could find a pair of wings that looked like massive purple sea fans, I'd be all over that!

(Formerly known as Æolius)

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    There's a guild at the Escondido Renaissance Faire (San Diego, CA area) called Willowglen. https://www.facebook.com/faeofwillowglen?fref=ts I bet if you can contact any of them, you'd be able to find out if there is a community like this one!

They're lots of fun, and if you were in CA, I'd ask you join me at faire with them! I personally won't join a guild as I like to change up my costume every year. ("regular" wench, pirate, gypsy, fantasy, and middle eastern/India are among my collection) But I'd totally join them if I did ever join a guild.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    One Halloween I made some dragonfly shaped wings out of 4 stretched out coat hangers covered in clear packing tape. I used a sharpie to draw on the veins, then attached them to a harness, and tada! Cheap and easy dragonfly wings!
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaïs Nin

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    Arion, I second MerEmma! Go with merman. There might be some other people there with fairy wings, but you'll probably be the only merman there.
    You might be right. I will get my tail around May, beggining of June at the most so I will have time to train and prepare my merman look for Pride at the end of the month. Thanks for sharing your opinions. Definitely merman then.

Add Vixy on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Harmony View Post
    I did, most of those are about faery myths, or the celtic pagan side of things. There are two that look like they might be what I'm looking for but one only has two people on it, and the other one looked like a blog. I'll go back again and look through it.
    I had the same trouble in trying to find a forum like we have for mers. I think there might not be one which is a shame.

But oh yes, I look forward to getting some fairy stuff together. It'll be fun going around as a fairy.