Thread: I'm not late to the party or anything....

I'm not late to the party or anything....

Writing this is hard. I have written an intro so many times (ever sense back in the time of meryuku) Don't know what to say don't know what to do.... so I'm just gonna roll with it.

My name is Sirena, well not my real name but my mermaid name. It's in honor one of my favorite books/mermaid characters ever. The book is called Sirena (I know who would of guessed), unfortunately it is no longer being printed and can only be purchased used.

I can't remember a time in my life where I didn't know about mermaids. About them and their beauty, strength, grace and power. Naturally I loved the little mermaid and everything that had to do with it. They were always an inspiration, at home in the water I saw all the time eventually working my way up to swimming competitively with the public team to joining Varsity in High school. Those 7 years of hard training and improvement paid off as once I discovered the mer community and Alasea the Blue Mermaid I had all the skills needed to be the best mermaid I could be!

I feel so blessed that I discovered the community when I did and that I met Alasea when I did. If it wasn't for here I wouldn't be a mermaid right now, I wouldn't be doing all of this. I would be sitting on the side lines dreaming of a someday and saving for a hope that could take longer then the worlds end to come.

I currently am working for Alasea here in south east Michigan (feel free to message me if you're in the area I love meeting fellow mer's!) and I hope to continue to do so for as long as I live here, who knows maybe if I move somewhere far away I can start a new frontier! Or some shenanigans like that.... I promise I am completely serious all the time and am never ever EVER sarcastic ^_^

I would love to put pictures and video's in here but I'm not really sure how....

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Thanks for the introduction. You might not be new, but I am.

Also, if you look on your profile page, (click 'My Profile' at the upper right), then on the left sidebar find Albums, and click "More Albums". There is a button there to create album. I don't know if you can have video in these, but you can post pictures, both public and private.

Hey Sirena!
    Nice to meet you. I'm still pretty new to the mer-community too.
    I just picked the name Merboy-- But I like it. It seems fun and spunky like me.
    I am likewise obsessed with the merfolk world, but not only "mermaiding" which I hope to experience sometime, but also the history, the science and the spirituality of the Merfolk. So, sometimes I get a little wordy and heady (not sure if it drives the folks on here crazy, cause I'm always posting my thoughts and hair-brained ideas)-- but hey! I'm a Gemini... we're supposed to be wordy and chatty hehehe.

I'm from NYC, and I'm very excited to be exploring this side of me! Hope you have as much fun on here as I am!

As far as pics and vids, You go to your "page" and there are buttons to click on the side for albums, etc. you click on those and look for buttons asking if you want to create an album, then to upload, etc. Hope that helps!