Thread: Little Mermaid returning to theaters in 3D

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

Little Mermaid returning to theaters in 3D

So, I'm not crazy about this whole 3D fad, but evidently because Lion King just kicked ass at the box office, Disney announced that they'll be re-releasing Monster's Inc, Finding Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, and The Little Mermaid in 3D. Little Mermaid will be released September 13th, 2013. Can't believe no one posted this yet.

I love Nemo and Monsters Inc, So i guess im going to see both

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    I am so excited! I am a total Disney nerd and this excited me like no other!

I saw TLK in 3D! Man, what a nostalgia rush...

I don't know about The Little Mermaid, but I am definitely going to see Beauty and the Beast. It's one of the few Disney movies that doesn't melt my brain.

"An ocean without its unnamed monsters would be like a completely dreamless sleep."- John Steinbeck

I am not into the whole 3D films either, but I do think its wonderful for them to rerelease these wonderful films. When I saw The Lion King in 3D, I realized I was sitting in a theater with a bunch of kids who had NEVER seen this movie before. It warmed my heart to see that they got a chance to see it in theaters.
    Also, 3D films usually mess with my vertigo or give me headaches, but TLK didn't - I think I was just so relaxed while watching (Or maybe I didn't have a headache because I wasn't trying to figure out the plot of the film because i've seen it a gazillion times lol)

I LOVE the new 3D trend. Sometimes it doesn't seem to make too much difference in some films, others it can be a big effect.
    But I don't get headaches from em either... Some folks do. I just figure, any extra sensory stuff in a film is great by me. And to watch the little mermaid in 3D makes me VERY excited!

Ugh, I hate 3D with a fiery passion. I'll buy the re-released DVD editions, but theatre? No thanks. I won't pay a stupid amount of money for a format I hate...if you have an eye problem, like my husband, the 3D glasses don't work and all you see is blurry movie.
    Follow me as I start my journey to become Mermaid Bjossa...
    http://becomingbjossa.blogspot.com/

I call a Cali Pod meetup for this at the El Capitan.