Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: H2O: Just Add Water has a spin-off

Senior Member Pod of Oceania happyguava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I actually never watched h20. I tried to, and please dont take this offensively anyone I found it too.. immature? Just couldnt hold my attention But maybe I'd like the spinoff who knows!
    Yeah, I was the same. It was like... regular old Aussie teen soap... with MERMAIDS!! I had more luck watching it with the sound muted :P

Junior Member The Twilight Siren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happyguava View Post
    Yeah, I was the same. It was like... regular old Aussie teen soap... with MERMAIDS!! I had more luck watching it with the sound muted :P
    Lol!!!! Was it really THAT bad for you?

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Topping this thread.

So is anyone else really skeptical that this show is actually being made? It wouldn't be the first time a movie or tv show with mers was announced and then never made.

^^ I am a bit standoffish about it, I mean I would love to see a merman with watery powers but it sounds kind of too good to be true.

Now I felt the same way when I heard about a new mermaid that could turn water into jelly and that came true so I'm not totally going against the news. But I am wary of way may come in the future.

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

it says in alot of places he has fin like feet?
    like in the 13teenth year.......

since the series like to tease us with guys almost falling into the mer pool (*cough* WILL *cough cough*)
    and the 4th mermaid in season 2? who found out her grandma was a mermaid went extremely power hungry.....

im guessing this would ruin the eco system of the mako pool, and "hopefully" turn back to normal, BUT I'D PREFER HIM BECOMING A FULL FLEDGE MERMAN INSTEAD WITH A WHOLE TAIL.... people are saying its coming out july 15th/25th.... xD

it says in alot of places he has fin like feet?
    like in the 13teenth year.......
    Where did you read that? I wasn't aware that there was any new information about the show. I assumed this whole show was just a rumor by overexcited fans.

I read it more on the reliable sources......
    about the feet thing, but theyre still not reliable........

If he does just have fin like feet I'll be really sad......

Fifteen-year-old Zac decides to camp on Mako Island, unaware that three mermaids, Sirena, Nixie and Lyla, who are guardians of the island, are monitoring him. That night, when the full Moon rises, the boy comes into contact with the magic water of the Moon Pool; the following morning, he wakes up discovering he has fin-like feet and the power to control water. His new abilities will cause problems for the mermaids.
    Shit, you're right. I just searched and whereas before all the synopses said he becomes a merman, now none of them do, and they all simply say he has "fin like feet". I can't believe the idea of mermen is so difficult for audiences to handle that the moon pool transforms guys into... guys with webbed toes. That sucks.

Okay, If I wanted to go see a frog princes... I pop in Disney's Princess and The frog with Princess Tiana.....
    and it's nto the fan's fault ti's the creator's fault... the fans have a high demand for a MERMAN NOT A FROG PRINCE...

I wonder if we could petition this?

Nawh it's going to far, atleast we got oru "4th season" and a possible movie fromt he orginal cast........
    but it still upsets me it'll be like the swamp monster from the lagoon >.<

I agree that a merman would be much cooler.

But when will this be set? The *current* mermaids are the one from the series already, and there is also the trio from the 50's (ish). Will these be some big hair 80s mermaids? Maybe some 20s flapper girl mermaids and a merman in a zoot suit. Sorry. Frog man. xD

"Fin like feet" makes me think of Harry Potter. :/ I want some full on tail! Webbed feet probably add a different dynamic to the show but come on now. I guess we will have to wait for more news. I just hope there aren't being literal in their description because that sounds lame compared to everything else they've done up to this point.

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

Apart from the occasional fim such as POTC: OST and horror stuff like Dagon and She Creature, the age of films like Splash that have an adult audience seems to be long gone. The fact is that mermaids are an easy sell with a kids TV show due to the fact that the image of them appeals to most young girls at one time or another. It seems that even shows that are not mermaid-related are likely to have an episode where they feature one or have a character turned into one sooner or later.

The tails were very good on H20: JAW, but they tried to make them hide the actresses' legs so much that at times when they were on land I always thought that they looked more like human-sausage hybrids than mermaids. There was also the fact that you knew damn well that every episode had to feature a slight variation on the scene where one of them is stuck in a precarious position involving some kind of liquid and a person who could potentially see their scaly bits as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Walis View Post
    Apart from the occasional fim such as POTC: OST and horror stuff like Dagon and She Creature, the age of films like Splash that have an adult audience seems to be long gone. The fact is that mermaids are an easy sell with a kids TV show due to the fact that the image of them appeals to most young girls at one time or another. It seems that even shows that are not mermaid-related are likely to have an episode where they feature one or have a character turned into one sooner or later.

The tails were very good on H20: JAW, but they tried to make them hide the actresses' legs so much that at times when they were on land I always thought that they looked more like human-sausage hybrids than mermaids. There was also the fact that you knew damn well that every episode had to feature a slight variation on the scene where one of them is stuck in a precarious position involving some kind of liquid and a person who could potentially see their scaly bits as a result.
    But then I could see how the tails were made!

I noticed that the show avoided videoing certain angles while the girls were mermaids- They would never show how they looked in full profile unless from quite a distance. This was frustrating before I found the making of the tails video. I think that the tails arebeautiful, especially close-up, but I wonder if that ammount of leg-hiding was necessecary. I am personally rather fond of mermaid art that looks sort-of like there's leg shapes in it, but not quite. I'd be quite interested in seeing a less bulky version of those tails made one day.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidPandorah View Post
    But then I could see how the tails were made!

I noticed that the show avoided videoing certain angles while the girls were mermaids- They would never show how they looked in full profile unless from quite a distance. This was frustrating before I found the making of the tails video. I think that the tails arebeautiful, especially close-up, but I wonder if that ammount of leg-hiding was necessecary. I am personally rather fond of mermaid art that looks sort-of like there's leg shapes in it, but not quite. I'd be quite interested in seeing a less bulky version of those tails made one day.
    It's nice to know that there are others out there who haven't jumped on the campaign to eradicate the shape of the human leg in every mermaid costume or image in existance! Some of us like the shape of human legs!

I've watched all of H2o Just Add Water on youtube, except for the few that they do NOT have, such as 'Fish Fever.' I think... that is season 2, but I'm not sure. I can't find it on youtube though so wont be watching it any time soon. And it was my favorite. Meanwhile I enjoyed Aquamarine a little, but it was mostly the tail that drew me. H2o was all right but sightings were patchy, being that it's an Aussie show and not really seen in America. boo.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    ^They have fish fever on youtube! That is where I watched it...if not you could try netflix
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Oh they do, Aqua? I MUST find it immediately!

I can't find it!

I'm scepticle about the 'fin like feet'. Makes me think that the director doesnt want to bother with a tail. But you just know that the feet will be CGI (I think that's what it's called) and I will be disappointed if they don't get that boy a tail for at least one episode. It can't be that hard. And what's with that? The girls get to be beautiful mermaids but the boy gets jipped and is stuck with weird feet? Not fair. Why can't he just have a tail? The mermen in the little mermaid had tails. Is the actor that ashamed of wearing a tail?
    My opinions are probably very opinionated as I am extremely worn out from today, so I apologize for anything that came off as too harsh or whatever.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    "I can't find it! "
    Did you maybe try netflix?? I can't find the link either but tht is where I watched on youtube
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Perhaps the lack of tail ties in with our Mermen and Society thread? Maybe someone thought that a tail wasn't terribly manly?

It seems a very likely argument, as television shows are looking for the widest range of viewers possible. I just happen to think it's incorrect.