Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: H2O: Just Add Water has a spin-off

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLanai View Post
    I wish i had a kindle :/ but no.. remind me to throw my husbands guitar pod at him when i have a chance
    LOL Well, there *is* a free Kindle app for most smart phones and for the computer!

Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*

You know, I never really look at people's signatures. O.o Thanks for pointing that out, guys. Now I'm off to read your stories (although I already have started yours, Princess Kae-Leah. Very whimsical! )

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    my novel "The Last Song" is highly sexual and extremely romantic
    but for me i feel it had to be that considering both the main characters are men
    and to me mermaids are kinda an embodiment of sexual nature. deep, mysterious, beautiful and deadly all at the same time
    that's what writers and artist have conveyed sex ass for centuries
    and some of the most well known erotic artist or even fantasy artist have tried to convey a level of hidden yet highly sexuality in the portrayal of mermaids.
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

@Calypso, I have a different take on mers. See my thread on asexuality. For me, I always considered mers a sort of symbol for asexuality.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kae-Leah View Post
    @Calypso, I have a different take on mers. See my thread on asexuality. For me, I always considered mers a sort of symbol for asexuality.
    i know i read your thread sweety and i'm not saying your wrong or that your idea and beliefs is wrong i'm just saying for me, what i fell in love with about mermaids as a young boy was their allure how men would throw themselves off ships for them as i got older and realized that i was gay i i came to realize that i identified with mermaids more as a gay man then as just a mermaid fan. to me mermaids were all the things i wanted and still want out of my sexuality and out of life.
    to mermaids are erotic and sensual and sexual beings because they are wild and carnal just like nature itself

i'm all for differnt sexualities and i don't judge
    i simple see sex as a beautiful thing that a person shouldn't be ashamed of and to me mermaid embody that, pure sexuality wildness with out restrictions.
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Calypso View Post
    i know i read your thread sweety and i'm not saying your wrong or that your idea and beliefs is wrong i'm just saying for me, what i fell in love with about mermaids as a young boy was their allure how men would throw themselves off ships for them as i got older and realized that i was gay i i came to realize that i identified with mermaids more as a gay man then as just a mermaid fan. to me mermaids were all the things i wanted and still want out of my sexuality and out of life.
    to mermaids are erotic and sensual and sexual beings because they are wild and carnal just like nature itself

i'm all for differnt sexualities and i don't judge
    i simple see sex as a beautiful thing that a person shouldn't be ashamed of and to me mermaid embody that, pure sexuality wildness with out restrictions.
    I agree. I see them as highly sexual, as they have been know to every culture throughout history, which is why I have no qualms about writing the way I do. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, and I'm not saying anyone is wrong.
    I'd like to read your story, Prince! Where can I find it?

Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    I personally like the fact that mers can embody different things to different people...humans can identify with different aspects of themselves within the mer-world and find a connection

Quote Originally Posted by WavyMermaidy View Post
    I personally like the fact that mers can embody different things to different people...humans can identify with different aspects of themselves within the mer-world and find a connection
    Same here. And the more tales and books there are out there to cater to different tastes, the better for the mer genre. And better for the readers who want to read as much variety as they can.

...AND better for the sellers! Trying to cater to different audiences is important for success! If all the stories were sexual, kids couldn't read 'em... (well, MY parents wouldn'ta let me) and if all mer-stories where devoid of all "adult situations" I know I would be hard pressed to read more than one or two!

In my case how I perceive mermaids: their just like us, yet they can be manipulative if youwill, to entice and get what they want. But I’m NOT saying that’s how I am as a mermaid with my mersona, I use my mersona for good to teach others about our oceans, to entertain and inspire kids and some adults as well. But I can just as well write a mermaid story minus adult situations, but trust me on this whether erotic, scary or not, people find mermaids interesting.
    There’s more to their life than evading water that will bring out the mermaid tail... (Splash did that, H2O I believe did something similar). They actually have lives.

But the situation is adults are more driven by the look of the mermaid, how they are around humans (especially male humans), Some are manipulative and evil, while others are more driven by romantic notions and uncontrollable circumstances, whether it be sharks or captured by pirates, and others are put in situations and find ways to deal with it. The sexual aspects a lot of writers have taken, to not only tell a story, but to entice the reader. I know some people who are reading“50 shades of gray" just for that reason alone. But most children find mermaid samazing, unique and want to be one- to play with the fish all day (don’t get me wrong some adults do too- *raises hand).

Have you ever thought about writing a story that persists to your mersona, how would you liveas a mermaid, your struggles in life, do you transform? What’s your mersona's back story? I am currently working on one for Lanai.
    Last edited by New York Mermaid; 07-14-2012 at 09:40 PM.

MERMAN! I'm so excited to see a merman on tv, but this show is a little out of my age group. I'll tune in to see if it's good.

Personally, I loved H2O. I still watch it on Netflix. Love the tails, love the characters, love the story. I'm also the target age group, so I suppose both sides are a bit biased in this debate, no? :P

However, in Secret of Mako Island, he does have a real tail. Writers are just trying to (most likely) create more of a secret or more "want" for it all. Here's a picture of it: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...s/9/98/Zoc.jpg

im not sure what to believe, and i dont mean to make people sad, but i heard that they cancelled Mako Mermaids because one of the girls got on a new show called Alien Surf Girls, and another wanted to do something else. Im not saying this is true, ive just heard it in multiple areas. Though the rest of the articles ad shown by Emma look pretty promising. I personally dont think this will be anything near as good as H20, and the storyline AND the characters look exactly the same, but just my opinion.
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Chesapeake Pod
    aren't Alien Surf Girls and Mako Mermaids made by the same producer (Jonathan M. Shiff)?
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Yep, made by the same people. One of the actresses used to be on Alien Surf Girls, but believe me, it hasn't been cancelled. If they had already created the tails, started filming in May (and they did--Jonathon confirmed it), they aren't going to just quit. It'd be kind of dumb to.

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    Yep, made by the same people. One of the actresses used to be on Alien Surf Girls, but believe me, it hasn't been cancelled. If they had already created the tails, started filming in May (and they did--Jonathon confirmed it), they aren't going to just quit. It'd be kind of dumb to.
    Agreed. They already have the ball rolling. They have invested all this money and time into this project not to mention contracts with actors and other behind the scenes workers. It doesn't make sense to stop production.

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

Exactly what i was thinking! it didnt make much sense, but it was on so many websites. But that just goes to show the internet cannot be trusted
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

yeah it'll probably take the spot of icarly because its over in the end of november BUT GO SECRET OF MAKO ISLAND! I plan on getting a partial silicone tail from fish butts that looks just like the h2o tail!!

Heard about this! Yay! But this was my reaction when I started re-watching H2O on Netflix:

Season 1: Ooh yay! Mermaids! I forgot how dramatic this was!
    1st half of Season 2: Mermaids! Yay!
    2nd half of Season 2: ...I know exactly what's going to happen every time...why watch?

Then I just quit. Hoping for a better new series!

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.

Find me on YouTube! -->
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mermaidg...e=results_main

[Because legs are too complicated]

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Celissa - Snap. Although more 'mermaids and cool underwater scenes'... 'less cool underwater scenes' - 'more teenage angst and mind drivel'. Oh pooh whatever next...