Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your tops! :)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kait's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Siren View Post
    Our new seaweed top!
    ...or is that seaweed?

Revealing my Leafy Sea Dragon!

This top is for sale! Size 36B, may fit a few sizes up or down.
    As the first one, much of the detail was sadly lost during painting, but it is still a lovely top! $180 (or best offer) with free shipping within the US.

I hope to make the multiple version of the dragon. Smaller, larger, more delicate and realistic. But I'm quite happy with how it turned out for now.
    EEEEE I love it!! The sea dragon is gorgeous. I'd be interested in a blue and black style one
    Mermaid Kait

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Holy hell that's a beautiful creature!

Wow, that looks beautiful!

Rogue, I might have to save up and commission one of these, they're awesome!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

Thanks everyone! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lilium View Post
    Rogue, I might have to save up and commission one of these, they're awesome!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Haha, thank you! <3 I wanted to make a seaweed top...but not the usual seaweed tops we see, so this was born. Lol

Accepting Custom Silicone Tail Orders For $1400!
    Slots Taken: 3/3

On Facebook - Custom Orders - Etsy

Gorgeous! I love it!!
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

My top is almost done but I can't figure out how to attach my shells to the bra. I've tried E600 and hot glue but the shells aren't sticking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That top is gorgeous Momo! I am not sure how to attach the shells, maybe sowing them is an option? I know there are a lot of very strong glues from "Bison". I know that on their website you can use the guide to help you find the right glue.
    I have used the guide in the past to find the correct glue for certain projects.
    I have tried to find it in English and think i found it, hopefully i did it correct:
    http://www.bison.net/en/advice/adhesive-sealant-guide/
    I hope you find an answer for your problem. Maybe one of the other mers has an even better solution, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Adalira View Post
    That top is gorgeous Momo! I am not sure how to attach the shells, maybe sowing them is an option? I know there are a lot of very strong glues from "Bison". I know that on their website you can use the guide to help you find the right glue.
    I have used the guide in the past to find the correct glue for certain projects.
    I have tried to find it in English and think i found it, hopefully i did it correct:
    http://www.bison.net/en/advice/adhesive-sealant-guide/
    I hope you find an answer for your problem. Maybe one of the other mers has an even better solution, good luck!
    It's a real shell and I didn't drill any holes for sewing into sadly I tried E600 but it didn't catch on to it. I'm thinking I may have to rough up the inside of the shell somehow.

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Riia View Post
    My top which is actually made by Mermaid Hyli. Silicone seashells with crystals, I mean Gaahh I love her tops. Plus it matches my tail so well. Yay Hyli!

Attachment 25384

Attachment 25385
    beautiful tail where did you get it made? or who made it

@ Momo, roughing the inside of the shell may actually work. The glue may simply need something to hold itself onto.
    Maybe some sanding paper may work?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Roughing up the inside may help, coarse sandpaper should do the trick. I would use an epoxy to adhere them to the bra. Marine epoxy would probably be best. I wouldn't want to worry about my shells coming off while I was swimming, and hot glue wouldn't be reliable, and E6000 is good, but I don't know if it's THAT good.

May i ask how you colored the lace Momo? It looks so beautiful? Did you spraypaint it or hand paint it? And what kind if paint did you use?
    I have a ton of lace laying around and was thinking of making things with it but i did not like the color of it (mostly just white), so painting it would be great for me and give so much creative freedom :-)

I got it to fit! Ignore the punk and blue bra under it. I pour it on top of that bra while because my fiance wanted to see it on and I was too lazy to take it off.

That one doesn't show the colors well but here's another modeled my my love to show the colors

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Adalira View Post
    May i ask how you colored the lace Momo? It looks so beautiful? Did you spraypaint it or hand paint it? And what kind if paint did you use?
    I have a ton of lace laying around and was thinking of making things with it but i did not like the color of it (mostly just white), so painting it would be great for me and give so much creative freedom :-)
    I hand painted it using these paints

After painting it and letting It dry I ran an iron over it to heat set it then sprayed it with craft bond and put some glitter over it. After that dried I sealed it with acrylic waterproof sealer (and ironed again)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid_Sarina's Avatar

Follow Mermaid_Sarina on Tumblr
    Momo your top is amazing! I love the colours!
    Sarina Dreamtide

Such a pretty top Momo! It looks great on you!
    Mermaids - not so graceful on land...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Pearl View Post
    The Mermaid Atlantis also makes silicone shells. Her store is MythandMagic on Etsy. I'm a fellow 32A, the small sized shells fit quite well.
    I make silicone shells as well, in multicolor. However for this type of project (glueing crystals on then and such) I would recommend resin. Unless you're ok with getting silpoxy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

That top is amazing Momo! It turned out so great! Congratulations!

I actually have some tulip fabric paint laying around! YAY! I think my mom bought it for a project of hers and never used it and left it here. Thank you for sharing that info. I will do some experimenting at some point :-)

Once again, beautiful top! I just love it!

Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast