Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Show off your tops! :)

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Thank you Whisper, Shimmy Goddess and Aquita! Here goes....

Best of luck to you!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Add Keiris on Facebook

Wink

So here it is. Wish my phone had a better camera but it gets the point across. The top part is encrusted with pearls and crystals that gradually deepen to shades of green and turquoise (to match the tail ) as they encircle the scallop shells. Mermaids like sparkle, right?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    So here it is. Wish my phone had a better camera but it gets the point across. The top part is encrusted with pearls and crystals that gradually deepen to shades of green and turquoise (to match the tail ) as they encircle the scallop shells. Mermaids like sparkle, right?
    That's lovely, Keiris! O like the loose ends on the tops of the shells, should make for some interesting movement!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Nice! I like it, Keiris!

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    Beautiful

Sent from my SM-G930T using MerNetwork mobile app

Hi ladies, I need your advice. I have to whip up a quick mermaid top for a fun little photoshoot I am doing for my niece on Monday. I bought a nude bra her size, some large scallop shells, pearls etc. I'm in a quandary about how to attach the real seashells to the bra. If I had time I would have cast them in silicone but just no time for that. I have E6000, Alex plus silicone, hot glue, fabric glue. Which is the best? This will be a beach shot so not fully immersed in the water. I may have to use a combo to attach the starfish and pearls.
    Any thoughts?
    Don't use real shells!!! Find synthetic shells, using real shells are a detriment to the environment because one shells make our coral for the coral life of the sea

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Oona View Post
    Don't use real shells!!! Find synthetic shells, using real shells are a detriment to the environment because one shells make our coral for the coral life of the sea

Dude you need to calm down. So he's not supposed to use shells he found on the beach? Shells that would break before reaching the ocean. I'm sure there is a living coral reef on the side of the state section that known for red tide.�� Naples to Sarasota gets hit by red tide every year.
    http://myfwc.com/research/redtide/statewide/
    This thread is for people to show off their tops not to be yelled at for making something beautiful.

It's beautiful I hope you have an etsy page up I could see a lot of orders coming in for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    Dude you need to calm down. So he's not supposed to use shells he found on the beach? Shells that would break before reaching the ocean. I'm sure there is a living coral reef on the side of the state section that known for red tide.�� Naples to Sarasota gets hit by red tide every year.
    http://myfwc.com/research/redtide/statewide/
    This thread is for people to show off their tops not to be yelled at for making something beautiful.
    I was not yelling xD if I were I'd use all caps and more explanations points. I hope I didn't come off rude because I'm not fully aware where he lives. I got my information about shells from another mermaid on here and I thought it would be ok to put information in that I learned..... im do very sorry.

I'm an artist and I don't want my art to be yelled at if it did I'd probably give up the passion. And I don't want that to happen

Last edited by Mermaid Oona; 03-21-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Add Keiris on Facebook
    It's beautiful I hope you have an etsy page up I could see a lot of orders coming in for that.
    Thank you so much, Khaleesi! I never bothered with an etsy page because I am usually too busy with my gallery work but I'll keep it in mind. It was a fun little project and she was thrilled!

Oona, Do you have any idea how many millions of shells wash up on the MILES of beach from here to Sarasota? These were a couple I had. But thank you for your concern.

It is beautiful unique too

~~~Mermaid Auquita~~~

Sent from my Shell Phone
    Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

I own so many mermaid tops!!! (At least 12 with a few more either in the works or ordered) I'm writing a review for each of them. I'll post them here for everyone to check out. The first is for my MerNation Silicone Scale Top. https://aerialprincess.wordpress.com...one-scale-top/ Name:  IMG_3838.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  6.4 KB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Aerial Princess

Florida Springs Mermaid
    "You Can Swim With Us!"
    https://www.facebook.com/floridapods/

Tampa Bay Mermaid
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidaerialprincess/

Add Keiris on Facebook
    Thank you so much, Auquita! It did manage to flatter her beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarLyra View Post
    I own so many mermaid tops!!! (At least 12 with a few more either in the works or ordered) I'm writing a review for each of them. I'll post them here for everyone to check out. The first is for my MerNation Silicone Scale Top. https://aerialprincess.wordpress.com...one-scale-top/ Name:  IMG_3838.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  6.4 KB

That's a good idea I'd love to read about pros and cons of different tops and their makers. So far I only see two on your website I'm hoping you will add more soon. The mernation top is my favorite at this point. Keep it up.

Thank you so much, Auquita! It did manage to flatter her beautifully.
    Can that top be worn underwater? I remember hearing a few years back that you're not supposed to wear starfish like that underwater because they'll break apart or something.
    How much are your tops? This isn't the first beauty I've seen from you, lol.

That's a good idea I'd love to read about pros and cons of different tops and their makers. So far I only see two on your website I'm hoping you will add more soon. The mernation top is my favorite at this point. Keep it up.
    Thank you! Just wait, I have some truely beautiful and unique tops to show and review. Yes, I'm slowly adding all my reviews to the website. I initially was shooting for one a week and have them all finished in a few months but it's amazing how life gets in the way... But yes I'll get them written soon I'll try to remember to put them here too.

Mermaid Aerial Princess

Florida Springs Mermaid
    "You Can Swim With Us!"

Tampa Bay Mermaid

Here’s some more photos of me in My Mermaid Top and my beautiful bracelet made by Mermaid Alesha Amor check out her Facebook Page and also check out mine Mermaid Auquita and Mermaid Alesha Amor that’s her page mine is the first one!

~~~Mermaid Auquita~~~

Sent from my Shell Phone
    Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    i love how detailed your top is.
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAuquita1998 View Post
    Here’s some more photos of me in My Mermaid Top and my beautiful bracelet made by Mermaid Alesha Amor check out her Facebook Page and also check out mine Mermaid Auquita and Mermaid Alesha Amor that’s her page mine is the first one!

~~~Mermaid Auquita~~~

Sent from my Shell Phone
    Gorgeous bracelet!!!

Mermaid Aerial Princess

Florida Springs Mermaid
    "You Can Swim With Us!"

Tampa Bay Mermaid