Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tops Members Have Made/Archive

Tops Members Have Made/Archive

I was contemplating just doing a quick archive of pictures from mer.yuku. If anyone doesn't want the pictures posted here, just let me know and I'll remove it. I'm also not copying over comments, to make it easier to read. Any objections? Also, feel free to add to the thread!
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Mermaid Raven (Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeCupOfTea):

MermaidRaven #38 [URL="http://mer.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/4069/type/0"] [-]

12/07/10 18:58:12
    Ive been working on a top for Cydney. as she contacted me about making a top since she is a busty-er mer. so she sent me her bra and I put scales on it and painted it.
    It was actually VERY difficult to do the scales. the bra had a stretchy fabric that covered it and it was so hard to spread the silicone evenly onto it without moving the fabric on it. So I did my Best and I think it came out well the paint really makes it look nice.

Hard to see the colors I put (all pearlized colors) turquoise, transparent baby blue, teal, royal blue, and a medium ocean type blue. so far everything I paint I put like 5 colors into it lol I just think it looks better cause fish arent ever really just one colors, I put high and low lights to give it more depth and detail. just like a painting.

anyways happy to help out another mer friend <3

Last edited by Spindrift; 07-12-2011 at 05:08 AM.

melbel1023

mindlessdancer:

lynsea:

MermaidKeela:

Capt Nemo Found a nice kids top.

06/29/10 17:01:53
    Found this at Goodwill for $3. Maybe around a 12-14 childrens size. Now to build a tail for it.

Here's mine from the other forum
    Name:  1gsvty.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  17.4 KB Name:  qxqq7p.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  55.6 KB Name:  mr7k2x.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  21.2 KBName:  a3h27l.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  46.4 KBName:  2mpzbqr.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  45.2 KB there are more but the pics are too big. The others can be found at www.facebook.com/MermaidCydney

Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar
    Cydney I LOVE the second pic. The blue...um...what are those things? Well whatever they are, they look like little bubbles and they're just beautiful. All these tops are so neat! I just hope I can figure out a way to look mermaidy and still cover my stomach.

Those are so beautiful! I really should finish my top...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    these are all SO amazing

Cydney was one of the first (if not the first) that I saw do a shell on top of another shell like that and now everyone is doing it! Trend setter! *high five* I believe the blue are blue pearls and blue mini acrylic crystals/gems- but you're right, they do look like bubbles! How perfect.

And of course Ravens tops, which I will drool over forever

Thanks! Yes, the blue is an assortment of pearls, beads, and rhinestones. I am making 6 more right now for a couple of people. Pics when they are done. Thanks again for the kind comments.

chocobo chic Sea Nymph top

06/23/11 16:54:41
    I made this top for a sea nymph costume that I used for a tattoo and body art convention. I made it out of golden sparkle mesh and glued small crystals and gems to it. I plan on making one for my mermaid tail and also making glue on crystal patches that only cover the breast using FX glue.

Finished sea nymph costume with the top:

I love the sea nymph costume! I might have to make something like that for my mermaiding! I had been wondering what I should do to have sparkles and gems and the like cover the important parts with out having to use 10 bottles of spirit gum and hours of sticking them one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	283988_226814164023690_100000853241752_623942_780089_n.jpg 
Views:	714 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	325
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	281884_226814214023685_100000853241752_623943_3611969_n.jpg 
Views:	783 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	326

I plan on adding more to it when I have more materials here soon....but any suggestions???
    I was born a fish!

I am a huge fan of the octo top and the scale halter tops! Strange Cup Of Tea is a store I always stalk on etsy. Im going to buy some of the loose scales soon. Sooooo cool!
    ~A mermaid found a swimming lad, picked him for her own, pressed her body to his body,and made the sea their home~

Here's a plastic shell top I put together today (new string, heavily decorated with little stick on pearls, rhinestones & small real sea-shells). This is an alternative to my real sea-shell bra-top which is too heavy to swim in quickly (the way it's currently attached it's great for floating around in, but not good for forward motion).

I'm going to make another real-shell bra soon with a more sturdy attachment so I can swim with it, but for a lightweight plastic one, I really enjoy this:
    Name:  Photo on 2011-08-17 at 19.03.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  87.4 KB

I like the rhinestones Ide. :3

So many fantastic tops! I haven't decided what I'm going to do for mine yet, loving all these creative ideas