Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Ohio/Erie mermaids out there?

Smile Any Ohio/Erie mermaids out there?

Hi I just joined The Mernetwork today and I saw the pods, went looking for mine and I'm still a little lost And I was just wondering if there were and mers a little closer to me that Michigan (no offense to mishies, I love you all )

any who don't be shy ~MerMiah

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Follow Mermaid Melusinah On Twitter Add Mermaid Melusinah on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Melusinah's Youtube Channel
    I am from Ohio initially. But relocated to Virginia Where abouts ya at?

Any Ohio/Erie mermaids out there?

I'm living in Ohio currently, welcome to the pod

Cool! Well I know the mishigan mers have done meet ups in their own home town and I was thinking that Erie would be a good place to do an Ohio meetup maybe? But I have heard that Erie is toxic :/

The middle of Ohio, a fourth a days drive to Columbus

It's nice to meet you! And Lake Erie is far from toxic. It's true that it's not the cleanest lake, but it's definitely hospitable, with plenty of thriving (and tasty) fish species. In fact, Lake Erie should be cleaner this summer than it's been in years due to the long and snowy winter we've had. I'm from Toledo and spend my summers in Monroe, MI, and the lake is a wonderful place to do a meet up, especially considering that's it's the warmest lake to to its shallow depth.
    ~Mermaid Sashika of Yupalean~

I'm an Ohio mer. And I had started a thread for a meet up this summer, but I don't know if I'll be able to go, it up farther into Michigan than I had thought people would plan. So, if anyone wants to help make one in Erie, please contact me and others in the great lakes pod. I could make a new thread. My sister was just at Lake Erie tonight for Geneva on the Lake or something for the 4th of July and they swam and she said it was lovely and cleaner than Myrtle Beach and Lake Berlin (in Ohio), I've swam in both. She also mentioned they (her and her boyfriend) went to a little alcove where they had the small beach all to themselves instead of the big one. So maybe that might be a good place. I'll mention this in my current thread see if maybe we could all plan something in August there.
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

<3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

<strike>
    </strike>

Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

Swim by my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~

New Cincinnati mermaid here. All of my options down here are pools or the cesspool known as the Ohio river. Any advice for surviving chlorine and/or finding a good swimming hole down here?

Hello I'm a new mer and from Cleveland Ohio. I would love a meetup

Not meaning to necro-post this thread...but I'm also from NE Ohio, after getting into the Mer community thanks to DragonCon...don't even got my own tail yet. Anyways...hey y'all, and hope to get to see a meet-up come together in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytroque View Post
    Not meaning to necro-post this thread...but I'm also from NE Ohio, after getting into the Mer community thanks to DragonCon...don't even got my own tail yet. Anyways...hey y'all, and hope to get to see a meet-up come together in the future.
    Well welcome to the Ohio mer community! :3 Perhaps sometime we can go swimming sometime :3
    I never knew my place in the world,but
    I found it here as a Merkin to everyone here.
    FTM Trans Gender-fluid Male
    I am Mer Reiko...
    #mermreiko

Going swimming this time of year is a tad complicated...Its good to know there's others in the area though

Hey everyone. Cleveland rocks! Noob here. A meetup would be fabulous.

Nice to know there are other merfolk here. Woot!

I think we need to try a meetup for the local mers...could always try the Nauti Mermaid...just because it fits.

We totally should meet up, but when?

Sent from my iFoam using Tapatalk
    ~Mermaid Sashika of Yupalean~

Offhand? I count 7? (on phone) that are local (Relatively) to Ohio..there's a lot of logistics with such though.

I think this is a great idea and I would love to have a meetup. I have been asking people but its really hard to coordinate when everyone is just so busy! Haha, weekends are best for me or evenings.
    I never knew my place in the world,but
    I found it here as a Merkin to everyone here.
    FTM Trans Gender-fluid Male
    I am Mer Reiko...
    #mermreiko

Yay! I am in the Cleveland area as well. A meetup would be so much fun, we should plan something! My schedule is super busy though...but weekday afternoons/evenings I think are best on my end.

Well, we have several interested though...the question is when/where? I'm still waiting on my tail to be done so...it's also do we want a swim or non-swim meetup as well?