Thread: ABOUT THE RECENT PROBLEMS WITH MERNETWORK

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

ABOUT THE RECENT PROBLEMS WITH MERNETWORK

Recently there have been some errors with MerNetwork. Sorry about that. These are strictly temporary problems. Some of them are caused by some server problems that our host company is working on. You may also notice that all of the posts made between October 19th and 22nd disappeared- this was a result of a separate problem. What happened was, I installed something cool, but it wasn't quite ready, and it had a bug that screwed up the site. To fix this I restored a backed up copy of the entire database, and everything got back to normal, although the backup was made on the 19th, so everything since then was lost. Sorry.

So anyway, sorry about all this stuff. I'm really learning so much about the internet. It's crazy. Things should be returning to normal eventually. Anyway, this is the official thread for asking questions and making comments.

Should we be recreating our responses?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    ok well,
    my current critique of the review system still stands even though its all been undone If you implement it again I'd much rather see the old review posts archived publicly so they can still be found and read as opposed to hidden and asking us to repost in the new format as I feel a lot of information will be lost as some of the reviews were moved over from mer yuku and some users wont be around to repost and also because many reviews like my own were updated along the way and seriously need the context so it would be helpful if we reposted to at least be able to link to the original review even if the original reviews were locked. I'd also still rather prefer each tail maker have their own section instead of thread.
    Uh, so in non run-on-sentence summary:
    - new critique system neat idea, but don't just erase all the old plz.

Ouch, that sucks, but these things happen.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    At some point we will most likely implement the new review system, provided its safe, cause we've got really high hopes for it, and it has the potential to be really great. Having an actual system for reviews with star ratings and stuff would really improve our ability to help consumers and tailmakers become informed, accountable, and successful.

As for hiding the old reviews, that was just to avoid some of the confusion during the launch. It would have just been temporary, and also I should clarify that the old reviews were simply no longer appearing in the forum menu, but if you had the URL for the section it was still online and accessible and everything. Anyway, I just want to say that I understand your concerns and am totally committed to trying to avoid people losing any data or posts. When we eventually implement a review system we'll try to think of a better way to implement it.

Also, thanks everybody for being so patient with the errors. I've been really trying to attack the problem when I have time, and eventually this should be resolved, although right now I'm not exactly certain how. Man, I'm pissed at the internet right now.

Also, Spindrift, yeah, recreating posts is totally fine, and very cool actually. I feel bad that I accidentally lost two days worth of posts.

Hey not your fault accidents happen,

vid request for next time: Lilo and stitch Lol I know its not mer related but its different.

Big Hugs Malinghi, for everything your doing to upkeep this forum. (i know the feeling i run a cetacean forum and OMG ive had my shares of hiccups)

@MermaidLanai: I don't understand the vid request. Are we supposed to dress up as Lilo and Stitch while we Skype or something? What is this for?

I can imagine it must be extremely difficult Malinghi. Thanks for all the work you put into it!!! <3 I sincerely appreciate you admins busting your fish butts constantly!

Lol @Spindrift you guys tend to "entertain us with little mermaid movies" but Hey you suggested it, now i want to see you guys dressed up..lol (kidding, i love you guys)

Ah gotcha. Carry on.

viewcount isnt working either, posts that have a bunch of replies still say "0 views" at least from my view