Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ♦ The Official Underwater Makeup Thread ♦

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I wanted to let everyone know that the makeup forever aqua line has been changed. In some ways for the better, in some ways not so much! I just went to refill some of my stuff last night.

They are dicontinuing the Aqua cream. This was applied to your eyes using either a brush or your finger. It would work well for a few months but then dry out and become flakey when you used it after that. It lasts me about a year and I did use it a lot.

They used to have these big chubby underwater sticks that sucked! lol You had to push them really hard to get them to go on, limited color selection, and they were a weird size that required a more specific and more expensive sharpener. I had used them because they were less messy and good for detailing.

They replaced them with this one which I just bought and love. No sharpening, more like a marker, stays on super well (I tested in the shower) more color selection

They just launched their new artist shadow. You can get a good price in store when you buy 2 or more. It has brilliant colours, but isn't water proof unless you apply it with the aqua seal.

I got two and I LOVE them!!!

Everyone needs to check out Morphe Brushes, at morphebrushes.com You can get an adorable pink and turquoise 10 piece set with a case for only $20. That means it's only $2.00 per brush and they throw in the case for free!!!! Also, hey, what do you know! They can automatically convert to British Pound Sterling and Euros!
    Not into vegan brushes? They have a real Italian Badger 7 piece mini set for only $16.00; comes with a case too. Although for cream products, you should take a look at more of the brushes that say "taklon" than natural fiber brushes.
    They also have makeup! Woohoo!!!! As soon as I can, I'm spending some hard-earned minimum wage on this. Or I'll wait for my tax refund.
    That sea-maid's form of pearly light,
    Was whiter than the downy spray,
    And round her bosom, heaving bright,
    Her glossy, yellow ringlets play.
    -"The Mermaid", John Leyden

Nicole and Kat's MerNetwork

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Holy shit they're adorable!

Name:  brushes.png
Views: 1133
Size:  604.5 KB
    Name:  brushes02.png
Views: 925
Size:  237.8 KB

YAY! A convert!!!!!!! I've looked at a lot of Sigma brushes and brushes from Real Techniques, but a lot of them are expensive and mimic real hair brushes. Which isn't quite what you need for cream products. But look! Here you get an even spread of fluffy brushes and smooth brushes. Or you can buy individual ones to fill out the brushes you already have in your repertoire! Look at the Badger ones:
    Attachment 26710
    If you need a specific brush, search by type of brush. Some of them are as low as $1.69.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I wanted to let everyone know that the makeup forever aqua line has been changed. In some ways for the better, in some ways not so much! I just went to refill some of my stuff last night.

They are dicontinuing the Aqua cream. This was applied to your eyes using either a brush or your finger. It would work well for a few months but then dry out and become flakey when you used it after that. It lasts me about a year and I did use it a lot.

They used to have these big chubby underwater sticks that sucked! lol You had to push them really hard to get them to go on, limited color selection, and they were a weird size that required a more specific and more expensive sharpener. I had used them because they were less messy and good for detailing.

They replaced them with this one which I just bought and love. No sharpening, more like a marker, stays on super well (I tested in the shower) more color selection

They just launched their new artist shadow. You can get a good price in store when you buy 2 or more. It has brilliant colours, but isn't water proof unless you apply it with the aqua seal.

I got two and I LOVE them!!!
    what do you use for your eyebrows atm? I'm looking for some good waterproof Pencil and saw some great shots from u on IG this morning - wondering what u used ^^

Real techniques is amazing and I don't know how anyone could call them expensive. I find that a lot of the brushes that come in super cheap packs like that are useless after a few washes. Real techniques and it Cosmetics brushes are the best I've used.

Quote Originally Posted by Raayvhen View Post
    Real techniques is amazing and I don't know how anyone could call them expensive. I find that a lot of the brushes that come in super cheap packs like that are useless after a few washes. Real techniques and it Cosmetics brushes are the best I've used.
    Let me clear that up! I can understand why what I said was confusing. Sorry I got some Real Techniques brushes from my friend after she used them all of.... twice, because she got a really nice set from Sephora for Christmas. Got a nice spread too, in terms of fluffy vs. smooth. Washed them the first time with some baby shampoo (for the ones that had been used for cream products) and some high-end Mary Kay brush cleaner (for the fluffy ones that only were used in, like, translucent powder), dried them, and found that some had quite a bit of fallout. I highly suspect it's because alot of them were the retractable, throw-and-go kind and I don't know how my friend really treated them--just throwing them into a handbag or something.
    I got some extra FREE brushes out the deal to fill out my set of Mary Kay ones (Kat works for MK and I got the old--new in 2006--set for my birthday that year). The way I broke down the prices for Real Techniques in terms of replacing them is quite a few more dollars for each brush then going to Morphe Brushes.

Soitanly--as Curley would say--I know exactly what you're talking about, Raayvhen, with the fact that they aren't as expensive as a lot of brushes out there. I am definitely going to check out Morphe Brushes and report back with all the facts! Plus, I'll have Mary Kay, ecoTools, and Real Techniques to compare them too. And I've never heard of it Cosmetics. I will check them out, too, because your mod winged liner in your profile pic is super adorable and more en pointe than Misty Copeland! <3

Hi I'm new here. I have a suggestion on mascara. I took Tarte waterproof mascara for a swim for 20 laps in a pool, and it didn't run at all. It's the toughest waterproof out there. It's available through Sephora.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    I bought UD cannonball last week and went swimming with it over the weekend. It held up great, no smudging or flaking or anything. I was very impressed.
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

Oh and if you can find them victoria secret sells $2 eye shadows that are completely waterproof and rub-resistant... they are just labelled wet and dry!

This is SO useful! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Mermaid View Post
    This is SO useful! Thank you!
    You're very welcome! Happy to help ^_^

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Please delete this old comment.
    Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Member Pod of Texas mermaid_ashes's Avatar
    Add mermaid_ashes on Facebook
    Wanted to sound off over here as I've been testing some different waterproof stuff. Here are my findings.

NYX waterproof eyebrow base - DOES NOT BUDGE. I've used my normal brow powder and tested some purple eyeshadow (to match a purple wig) over it on my eyebrows and that stuff is SWIM PROOF. seriously, so if your looking for a good base for brows that's the one.

NYX waterproof eye shadow base - seems to work well, I used it in conjunction some powder shadows (ben nye and urban decay) with some Ben Nye Liquid set over the top.

Elf Waterproof eyeliner - This does not even stand up to the under the faucet on my hand challenge. not worth the 2 bucks. Even with liquid set and and a setting spray

Stila waterproof liquid liner - Ok with the ben nye liquid set over the top, its still my favorite liner so im going to try it with some MFE Aqua Seal when
    I find it. Still rubs off after a while too.

Ben Nye Liquid Set - I use as a sealer and as a glitter fix, it works well enough, but dose not help my eyeliner stay on it seems. sigh.
    ~Mermaid AshesLaree~
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming
    facebook
    instagram

Please delete this old comment.
    Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Junior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Ripple's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Ripple on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Ripple on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Ripple's Youtube Channel
    Now that I actually have time I'll add my two cents!

Eyeliner:
    Urban Decay waterproof= Flakes off after a few laps
    MAC LiquidLast Liner = I've gone lake and pool swimming and it doesn't come off without remover the day after BEST LINER

Mascara:
    Urban Decay Cannonball does the trick for sure

Lipstick:
    Aqua Rouge by Makeup Forever stays on all day as long as you don't eat or moisturize it seems. I need to actually go swimming in it.

I definitely have no idea about anything foundation, concealer, or brow related :C

Okay! So I found some waterproof mascara when we went into the city! (Flippin' eight hour drive argh) and I'd like to know if anyone has used this. (Sorry for terrible photo) I haven't opened it yet too, haha:Name:  image.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  263.1 KB also, how would I remove it afterwards? Just with makeup wipes?
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Most makeup wipes will say if they remove waterproof makeup or not!

Cool, thanks guys also- has anyone used this mascara?
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown