Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ♦ The Official Underwater Makeup Thread ♦

I just want to throw out there that I recently tried Stila All Day Waterproof Eyeliner and waterproof it is! It stayed perfect even after a long swim.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Etsy || Facebook || ModelMayhem || Tumblr || Instagram

Formerly known as Sea-Glass-Siren

Has anyone tried Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick yet? I tested some on my hand (along with a friend) at a Sephora and that stuff stayed put through two showers and a round of dishwashing. It came off the second day with some oil and a washcloth. It seems to come in a lot of the same colors as her other lines do and the range goes from very light pinks and nudes to very dark reds, purples, and black. I'd probably suggest using a lipliner underneath just to avoid staining but it seems like it would hold on through a performance really well.

This is my first time to saw your post and I'm so amazed. Indeed, I'm looking for different tips about beauty care especially in makeup. I got a lot of ideas and importan information about makeup. Keep sharing!

If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://blushies.com/

I have just discovered Stilla Liquid eyeliner and Too Faced eyeliner and eyeshadow pencils. Amazing!

I'm seriously struggling to decide between buying the Stila liquid liner or the Kat Von D tattoo liner..... any mers have experience/ preference? I'd love to know!!!
    Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

Stila didn't work too well for me. On the bright side, Jeffree Star's velour liquid lipsticks are amazing. It stayed on for more than an hour and only came off afterwards when I was eating a cheeseburger lol. They're a bit on the expensive side, but if you can afford it I 100% recommend them!
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Saw this today at my Smooth-On distributor and SFX store:
    http://www.ppipremiereproducts.com/p...lchemy-palette

The colors are super metallic and it's an alcohol activated product. My experience with alcohol activated products is that they are super hard to get off, which is a good thing. Lol
    Last edited by Rogue Siren; 03-24-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Accepting Custom Silicone Tail Orders For $1400!
    Slots Taken: 3/3

On Facebook - Custom Orders - Etsy

Anyone have experience with keeping false eyelashes on in the water? My lashes are blonde, and short and stubby, so even with some bangin mascara they still don't quite cut it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Siren View Post
    Saw this today at my Smooth-On distributor and SFX store:
    http://www.ppipremiereproducts.com/p...lchemy-palette

The colors are super metallic and it's an alcohol activated product. My experience with alcohol activated products is that they are super hard to get off, which is a good thing. Lol
    You don't want alcohol around your eyes. I think I've made that mistake before with one of my makeup sealers or mixing liquids. Skin Illustrator sells an activator which will need to be used with the palette. I'm going to try Temptu Dura and see how that works. I've got a liquid black but I'm looking at getting a couple palettes. https://temptu.com/pro/dura-pro-palettes.html
    Last edited by midwesternmermaid; 04-04-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Coralia View Post
    Anyone have experience with keeping false eyelashes on in the water? My lashes are blonde, and short and stubby, so even with some bangin mascara they still don't quite cut it for me
    I tried out my false lashes in the pool once. They held just fine but the clear glue turned white and gummy; looked awful.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Calizaire View Post
    I tried out my false lashes in the pool once. They held just fine but the clear glue turned white and gummy; looked awful.
    NYX makes clear waterproof false lash glue
    *Previously know as KellyMermaid*

GUYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2T_g49Mqs

MUFE

Struggling not to just drive over and buy them all!!
    I cant believe none of them smeared even when she was rubbing them so hard!!
    Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Margo View Post
    I just want to throw out there that I recently tried Stila All Day Waterproof Eyeliner and waterproof it is! It stayed perfect even after a long swim.
    That's what I use too!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Has anyone used/tested L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows yet? I saw a few shades yesterday that would be perfect for my mermaid make-up, but I don't know if I want to spend the money if they won't work! They are $20 a colour at my local shop!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I want to do a shout out to Nyx soft matte and suede lipstick. I swam for 5 hrs thru rough waters and even a downpour and it stayed on great without reapplying! It did flake off here and there when *I* touched it with nails accidentally, and also you have to be careful when drinking. Eating totally destroys it. But just being out in water it didn't wash off at all. My suggestion is to be sure to apply and let dry about an hr before swimming so it can really set.

The bonus for Nyx is it is cheap, and vegan + cruelty free. So you can know no animals suffered to make you look good. I have seen it at Target and Ulta, but haven't looked elsewhere for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sabie View Post
    GUYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2T_g49Mqs

MUFE

Struggling not to just drive over and buy them all!!
    I cant believe none of them smeared even when she was rubbing them so hard!!

Just FYI, the MUFE website currently has a sample size of the Aqua XL pencil in "Iridescent blue with green sparkles" as one of their free samples that you can select.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    I want to do a shout out to Nyx soft matte and suede lipstick. I swam for 5 hrs thru rough waters and even a downpour and it stayed on great without reapplying! It did flake off here and there when *I* touched it with nails accidentally, and also you have to be careful when drinking. Eating totally destroys it. But just being out in water it didn't wash off at all. My suggestion is to be sure to apply and let dry about an hr before swimming so it can really set.

The bonus for Nyx is it is cheap, and vegan + cruelty free. So you can know no animals suffered to make you look good. I have seen it at Target and Ulta, but haven't looked elsewhere for it.
    If you have them in your area, CVS carries NYX too. (I now have nearly all the colors in the Liquid Suede, lol!)
    Last edited by Mermaid Freyja; 06-28-2016 at 04:06 PM.

I decided to test out my new MUFE Aqua XL pencils (and my waterproof mascara, but I don't remember the brand) this morning and took some before and after shots:
    Name:  MUFE.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  182.6 KB

Test details:
    -I used 3 MUFE Aqua XL colors and waterproof mascara. There is no foundation, primer, sealant, etc.
    -I applied the Metallic Bronze along my crease and the outside of my lid. I applied the Matte Pastel Green over the rest of my lid, including on top of a little of the bronze. I applied just a touch of Matte White to the inside corners (on top of the green) and along my upper and lower waterlines.
    -The Before pictures were taken immediately after application. I forgot to bring my phone into the swim center, so the After pictures were taken about 1.5hrs later, with the same lighting (my bathroom) tho it looks like my phone adjusted the color just a bit.
    -I put the makeup on about 15-20min before getting in the water and did the following between pictures:
    >pre-swim shower rinse, 30min swim, shower, drying off, and applying lotion.
    -I had goggles on most of the swim but regularly flipped them up on my forehead, and I did also make sure to dunk my head underwater without them before getting out.
    -I was very careful not to rub my eyes while swimming or showering, and patted my face gently after I got out of the shower.
    -I did not wash or put lotion on the areas with makeup, but I did both on the rest of my face.

My thoughts:
    -The bronze went on silky smooth and was wonderful. The mint was a little weird, almost like clay, and the white was straight up chalky. I usually apply lightest to darkest, but I started with the white on my first attempt (removed with eye makeup remover) and it went horribly wrong, so I went the opposite on the second try. I had considered not even using the white, but wanted to try a little to see how it held up.
    -The mint and white (again, with the white being worse) got on my eyelashes A LOT. I'm used to getting a little liner on my lashes, but it was kinda ridiculous how easily it smothered my lashes when I got close. The white not only got on the lashes but became kinda flaky too. Multi-colored lashes necessitated using mascara (which I hadn't been planning on) and at the same time made the mascara harder to apply, since the lashes now had this clay-like coating on them. (Since I didn't use the bronze near my lashline, I'm not sure if it would've done the same. Next test! )
    -I had 2 small mascara flakes under one eye after my swim, and a small mascara smudge after my shower, both of which I wiped off when found. There's also a white spot on the inner corner of my eye that can be seen in the after pictures; not sure if that's from it smudging or maybe some of it rubbed off and left that spot standing out more? I wiped it off after taking the picture.
    -Overall, I think it held up really well. I actually left it on and am currently at work with it still on. I'll try to remember to take another picture at the end of the day.

Hope this is helpful!
    Last edited by Mermaid Arabella; 06-30-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod Cerry's Avatar
    I read somewhere that you can set your makeup by spraying on hair spray and then dusting with baby powder. Would that actually work? And be safe around the eyes?

It works fine for dry events - I'm a cosplayer, and I have a can of AquaNet that I've never used on hair! As far as the eyes go, don't concentrate the spray there and you should be fine; just close your eyes (without squinching) and spray lightly over your whole face.

I don't know that I'd trust it to hold in the water, but I've never actually tried.