Thread: Boys back pack banned from school

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook

Boys back pack banned from school

This morning I was reading my Yahoo front page when I came across this. This just burned my butt about how narrow minded people can be. It is the kids choice on what he brings for a lunch box. It's the same way when a man wears a kilt then they call him gay when he is not. People just need to dig thier head out of thier butt an look at the bigger picture to solve the problem then to blame the the person on the receiving end. In this case they did just that.
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ting.html?vp=1
    Be Happy Swim Free

This is ridiculous! I know a young man who is really into My Little Pony and he considers himself a "Brony". I think it's awesome that he isn't afraid to be who he is and like the things he does. The My Little Pony show and fandom is all about friendship and has really good messages for both boys and girls. It makes me so mad to see that this school would target the victim rather than the actual problem.
    So frustrating.

“Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.”

Formerly known as Mermaid Eva

Senior Member Euro Pod selkie13's Avatar
    They shouldn't have banned the bag! You guys in the states don't have a uniform, and its clearly not offensive! This is why I hate headteachers\principals they don't care for students and always take the easy way instead of the right way

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Oh my god, this is sickening..

why the fuck..... ???
    The SeaGlass Siren

This is freaking appalling. This is the second or third ban like this that I've heard about THIS WEEK. The whole "It COULD trigger problems" b.s. has got to stop. It simply let's the bullies win as kids aren't allowed to express themselves. That's sickening.
    I'm like a platypus in the way that I can adapt on land and water, a bit goofy looking, and nobody's really sure what it is that I do.

On instagram as aperture_platypus

My husband showed me this the other day.. What kind of fucked up blame the victim mentality are they peddling in schools now? This is bully enabling. Just sickening. I completely agree with the statement,
    "Saying a lunchbox is a trigger for bullying is like saying a short skirt is a trigger for rape," said Bruce. "It's flawed logic."

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Wow. Why does everyone want everyone else that is their self be like robots like them? You're basically saying a girl should love pink, and dolls while a boy likes blue and cars.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I agree with everybody here on this 200%. This is beyond flawed logic. This is where is starts to where they try to conform people thier way an not the way they want to. This type of behavior from a school just pisses me off to no end. ( sorry or language) This type of behavior from the school encourages the bulling to continue with no repercussions to the person doing the bullying. This crap has to stop. There is no reason for it in any way shape or form. It just sickens me to call the people that run that school human. I'm glad I have a Mer family that excepts everybody for who they are an not to judge if they are gay ,straight, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered. You guys are my family besides my family. I am happy that I ever came here because we have no judgement here an I like it that way.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Thats so Stupid. Why punish the kid who is getting bullied instead of the bullies? Everyone should start watching PBS kids or something. People need to learn more than how to multiply.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    girl you're nerco posting in posts 5-7 years old lol

Member Undisclosed Pod

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    girl you're nerco posting in posts 5-7 years old lol
    Oh, thats embarrassing, I didn't realize it was that old, LOL. It is still an injustice, Though!