Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinus Saver nose plugs

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel

Re: Sinus Saver nose plugs

Same happens with me iona. But I got the medium. I can get it in fine and such. But it takes my noise and makes it 2-3 times wider than normal. I'm going to order again when they come out with womens sizes. Maybe they will be well encouraged to get to making them when they see they have an even larger market

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Ooohh... this could be a literal life saver for mers in the southern USA where the brain eating amoeba has been reported. The way that it gets to the brain is by contaminated water going up the nose. I'll have to look into this.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Kelphinea_Kelp's Avatar
    Add Kelphinea_Kelp on Facebook
    you know I always wondered.. don't they have thoughs nude colored foam ear plugs? I would personally just instert them into my nostrils and maybe just use some tweezers to pull them out or push them in further. *shrugs* prob doesn't sound to safe but idk... I would give it a try. LOL

That's an exelent point BayouMermaid! This could make people feel safer and possibly even saves lives in the south where it's become a much bitter issue in the past several years!

Kelphinea_Kelp, two things about using ear plus for nose plugs is that you have to have a dry clean nose when you put them in, and even then they're finicky. Also, if they get lodged in there you could end up needing to go to a doctor. Ask any ER nurse, things getting suck up one's nose happens a lot :P But you're welcome to try it out and report back in another thread

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Kelphinea_Kelp's Avatar
    Add Kelphinea_Kelp on Facebook
    well I personally can open my nostrils or flare them rather... very wide so most things that seem to fit into my nose in a relaxed state can easily be taken out in its flared state. Not sure if its my ethnicity tbh im black white mix so my nose has a thicker fuller form. LOL

I just got these in the mail and I tried them out, I think there awesome! I had to do a little bit of trimming but other then that I think there great!
    User formerly known as "MermaidLex"
    ~My heads underwater, but I'm breathing fine~

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Yeah i think trimming is unavoidable for most because without molds there's no way to make them accurate

Got my replacement today! I took photos and posted measurements of the size difference between the medium and large. Maybe that will help people with sizing?

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

where did you post?

In the original post. I edited it

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I tried it over the weekend. They mostly worked, though I hadn't realized how weird it would feel having something up my nose. I couldn't leave them in for long cause it was too strange and distracting, but if I can get over that feeling then this could be a really great product.

Would anyone be willing to post a picture of what they look like in your nose? Like from the front, side, and underneath so we can get an idea of how much they would show or change the shape of your nose.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    ^I second this! I'm thinking about getting a pair myself if they aren't too noticeable.
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I got some photos when I went swimming last weekend. I love the first one of me and Meshy hanging out underwater.
    Name:  GOPR1503s.JPG
Views: 2318
Size:  510.1 KB
    Name:  GOPR1496s.JPG
Views: 1529
Size:  382.2 KB
    Name:  GOPR1495s.JPG
Views: 1264
Size:  445.5 KB
    Name:  GOPR1501s.JPG
Views: 1145
Size:  518.4 KB

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    not very noticeable I'd say.

I have a very narrow nose though, so I'd look absolutely ridiculous with something bloating my nostrils
    not to mention it's quite unpleasant to have something IN your nose, and the depth-and-pressure related problems that could arise.

I'm going to stick with my translucent noseclips

Daphne posted photos on the ncmerfest group. I think they feel big so we think everyone can see them big. But if you didn't tell me I wouldn't notice lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    Best pictures ever! They really weren't that noticeable. We also suggested that the little part that holds them together be painted gold or silver to look like a nose ring. Probably not a good idea but it's a thought.

When I looked at the photos on my phone I literally couldn't see it! On my computer it's barely noticeable. I think it's more noticeable because of your facial hair than it might compared to other people as well. Great pics BTW!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Perfect, thank you!
    Raina, I'm not part of that group so I can't see them. =/

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk