Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sinus Saver nose plugs

-jesus, Raina, that picture scared me when I scrolled down-

I ordered one the other day, because I am terrible about getting water up my nose, and I love it. The goggles I use are kind of finicky, and using a nose clip would break the seal between my goggles and my face. I don't have that problem using the Sinus Saver tho. It was weird at first, but after a couple hours of swimming I didn't even notice it anymore.

-my two cents :U -

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Romy's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Romy On Twitter
    Follow Mermaid Romy on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Romy's Youtube Channel
    This sounds like such a great idea! My only problem is that I actually have a septum piercing and I have doubts this thing will work with it in [it's not even six months old and I'm a scaredy crab about taking it out!]

Hem... Sorry,but...I prefer the classic nose plugs. I'm worry to look like a cow...
    Find me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/sirenazaffiro
    Instagram : mermaidzaffiro

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Oh thank goodness I am not the only one with this issue. LOL I thought for sure that everybody else had some sort of breathing method that kept them from getting water up their noses. I am going to do some more research, see if I can find something that might work, though I do love the nose plug, gold septum ring idea hehe.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Grey Gambit's Avatar
    Add Grey Gambit on Facebook
    Follow Grey Gambit on Tumblr
    Whenever I use nose clips they always pop off my nose. >.> And since I have a lot of trouble with preventing water going down my nose, especially because all I really have access to is a pool which means chlorine, I'm gonna give these a try.

So long as they fit right and block out water I think I can deal with the potential nose ring thing. :P

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Grey Gambit's Avatar
    Add Grey Gambit on Facebook
    Follow Grey Gambit on Tumblr
    Man I'm glad I didn't order large ones. The mediums don't even fit properly in my nose. They double up on themselves and I can still get airflow in and out. I'm kind of thinking the size chart they've got needs to be altered a bit; don't get if you don't have the roman (or similar) nose type and can shove at least 10 qtips up your nose — for the medium. :/

Kind of feeling like I shouldn't have bought these at all, but I guess I'll find out how good their customer service is now.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    hopefully they'll make small and extra small lol

Junior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Tia's Avatar
    Hello
    When you enter sinus saver's own page it states that petite and child sizes is in development and expected done in december i am so getting myself one for christmas

I had ordered an M size but it was too big so I was hoping to get a S-size by Merfest but it looks like they won't be available before 2015 \(;_/
    For those of you who managed to trim your nose plugs, how did you do? I'm scared that I'll just ruin it (>_<)

I know this is a super old thread, but I checked their website and it said they hoped to have small and extra small size by early 2015, so lets keep our fins crossed!

Just checked tonight and it looks like small and extra small sizes will be available on August 9th!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1GQ40M849RS00

ohmygod ohmygod YES!!! I've been waiting for so long!
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Romy's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Romy On Twitter
    Follow Mermaid Romy on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Romy's Youtube Channel
    I wonder how well they'll work with my septum piercing XD

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod KayNS's Avatar
    Follow KayNS On Twitter Add KayNS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa Opaltide View Post
    Just checked tonight and it looks like small and extra small sizes will be available on August 9th!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1GQ40M849RS00

Extra small and small now show up as an option.

The description of sizing on their website now states:

"To determine sizing, we suggest using a group of Q-Tips to measure the size (diameter) of your nostril. If you can fit 8 or more Q-Tips tips into the opening of your nostril, we suggest the larger size. For 6-7, we suggest the medium or small. For 5 and under the small or extra small. If there is any doubt, we suggest choosing the smaller size."
    Last edited by KayNS; 08-13-2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Adding description of sizing

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    Mine just arrived yesterday! I got the extra small on Amazon. I think it is going to work, but only just. I think these are probably more comfortable for someone with more slitted nostrils. Mine are pretty round. I definitely can't breathe through my nose with this in and seated properly though, so that's cool! I feel like the pig shape it gives my nose would be easier to slim down in editing than trying the remove a nose clip, so I'm happy with my purchase. One note- they are still quite big. I have a prominent, hawk-bridged Mexican native nose and the extra small just fits. My bf is 6'5" and African-American, and currently has the medium but is thinking about trying a small. Little cute dainty noses may still be out of luck with this brand, lol.

Name:  20150812_204236[1].jpg
Views: 2106
Size:  63.7 KBName:  20150812_204240[1].jpg
Views: 1643
Size:  78.2 KB
    Last edited by Elodea the Mermaid; 08-13-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodea the Mermaid View Post
    Mine just arrived yesterday! I got the extra small on Amazon. I think it is going to work, but only just. I think these are probably more comfortable for someone with more slitted nostrils. Mine are pretty round. I definitely can't breathe through my nose with this in and seated properly though, so that's cool! I feel like the pig shape it gives my nose would be easier to slim down in editing that trying the remove a nose clip, so I'm happy with my purchase. One note- they are still big. I have a prominent, hawk-bridged Mexican native nose and the extra small just fits. Little cute dainty noses may still be out of luck with this brand.
    I had bought the medium before and my nose is on the smaller side. It was just a bit too big. I'm happy to see smaller sizes!

I got mine awhile back. Honestly I'm torn about them. I want to like them more than I do since its almost easier not wearing them and a bit of water still gets in my nose. I will say they did get me used to having water up my nose by just letting in a small amount so I don't need them any more.

Ordered a small today. I could fit 6 q tips but JUST barely, if I forced it and not very far up there. Hoping small isn't too big. I ordered it for a meet on sunday, with two day shipping, so if it doesn't fit that'll be a real drag. The pool we are going to doesn't allow "facemasks."

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    i kinda wanna buy the smallest size. hmmm.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    How does it do with Chinese noses?
    Formerly known as ireneho