Thread: MerNation Tail Review*****

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel

MerNation Tail Review*****

Once we've moved over to the new host, and the admins are able to make a place for MerNation reviews, I will post over there, appropriately, but in the meantime, I wanted to let everyone know what my experience has been like with MerNation.

This is a review for a swimmable mermaid tail purchased from MerNation, Inc. They can be contacted through their facebook page, or their website, http://www.themernation.com.
    I paid $2900.00 US dollars, plus$90-ish shipping from FL to UT. This review expresses my personal views, only, and does not reflect the views of Mernetwork.com or it's admins.

PURPOSE
    I purchased this tail for swimming, modeling, performing at events like Ren Faires, and the odd birthday party. It's intended to be usable for both swimming, and dry events,but its really heavy, so until I get a little stronger, it's probablygoing to have to be primarily used in the water. (Which I'm totally great with. I could use a little more muscle.)
    Name:  tailinwater.jpg
Views: 10365
Size:  53.0 KB

APPEARANCE AND ARRIVAL
    My tail is shiny, not as metallic as I had hoped, but I have since changed my mind about wanting to be reflective, as this would hinder the tail's suitability when modeling. It's blue, light blue, and green in the body, with black spots, and has a yellow fluke and fins, which all have spots on them as well. I have two sets of ventral (belly-side) fins, and one smaller dorsal (back) fin, which is located on my calves.
    This coloration and design was based on a Bear Lake Cutthroat Trout, a more rare than most fish species native to my area.
    It came well packaged in large black garbage bags to prevent sticking, a large sheet of bubble wrap, and a securely duct taped box.

ORDERING PROCESS
    I spent a very long time discussing my order with them prior to ordering. When I finally did order my tail,I first sent them a message to let them know I was ready, and then they sent me an email with relevant information, and a customer agreement for me to sign. Micheal (their Lead Man) then messaged me saying my design was incredible, and there was nothing he could do to improve on it. I was sent an invoice for the total we had agreed upon, which was paid in full, and then, after a little more discussion, I was told I was next in queue. My tail arrived less than a month from having paid my invoice.

Name:  BearLakeCutthroatMernationFinalsml.jpg
Views: 12510
Size:  250.9 KB

COMMUNICATIONS
    I began communicating with MerNation about possibly making my tail on May 25th, 2013. I decided shortly after that they were who I was going to go with. It took nearly a year, but communication with them remained stellar. I was given feedback on my design ideas, and one other ideas I had that didn't pan out, and was always treated kindly. After I ordered, I was updated to say I was next, and then was given almost daily PHOTO updates on my tail's progress. I was asked to give input, which I did fairly often (that must have been frazzling) and was told the day before and the day of shipment, and given a tracking number.

WHAT I LIKE, AND WHAT I'D CHANGE
    This tail is beautiful, and looks identical to my sketch, but better. It is EXTREMELY heavy, which I am going to attribute to my big booty. When looking at the pictures from my first swim, I noticed that my blended waist is much too pale, an error on my side. I really thought I had sent the appropriate paint swatch. :/

Name:  metail.jpg
Views: 13345
Size:  106.3 KB
    Name:  metailagina.jpg
Views: 14792
Size:  103.6 KB

Being the clumsy, paranoid mermaid that I am, (after discussing it with Michael beforehand) I have ordered some trial-sized dragonskin silicone to put a very thin layer on over the top of my fluke in order to preserve the spots a little better. [I recommend this become a standard with more intricate designs.] The fluke silicone is also really soft, and I think a harder silicone would be more suited to the project.

Name:  fluke.jpg
Views: 9509
Size:  226.0 KB

My dorsal is thick, as are my fins, but my fins are flat on the back side. I thought it was a little weird,and maybe would have preferred double sided, but at this point,that's such a minor thing that it doesn't even matter to me. I'm sure if I had asked, they would have accommodated me. They also reinforced my waist because it's so much smaller than my hips, which I found to be thoughtful. Although it does make it a little harder to put on, the extra strength will be worth it, later.
    Please note; as I know that swimming in this tail is going to cause me to lose weight, I have set aside a large sum of money in order to have that done later.

CONCLUSION
    Overall, I love my tail, and I love the experience I have had, and continue to have with this company.

I give MerNation Inc:

For Customer Service
    Name:  5starfish.jpg
Views: 9554
Size:  56.8 KB

For Speed

For Accuracy

For Communication

For Product Quality
    Name:  4point75starfish.jpg
Views: 9232
Size:  62.3 KB
    I only took a little bit off because I'm worried about the spots coming off if I don't seal the paint job.

I LOVE my tail!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

I had a similar, wonderful experience with them! I wrote a whole review of it, but lost my internet connection when I tried posting it and it was lost forever. I need to get to re-writing it because they really deserve lots of praise!

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience, I'm so glad it was such a good one!

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
    I had a similar, wonderful experience with them! I wrote a whole review of it, but lost my internet connection when I tried posting it and it was lost forever. I need to get to re-writing it because they really deserve lots of praise!

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience, I'm so glad it was such a good one!
    I've totally been gaga over your tail ever since they first posted it, it's GORGEOUS! (just like it's owner, I think.)
    I can't wait to read your review.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
    Oh and I love your rating system
    Lol, Thanks. I was looking to see if the forum had any starfish smilies, and we don't. I think I might make a bunch and send them to Iona.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Dawwww thanks doll! I hope you do get us some starfish smilies, love them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    I've totally been gaga over your tail ever since they first posted it, it's GORGEOUS! (just like it's owner, I think.)
    I can't wait to read your review.

Lol, Thanks. I was looking to see if the forum had any starfish smilies, and we don't. I think I might make a bunch and send them to Iona.

Love love love the review! I'm definitely going with them for my 1st silicone tail. I just have to start saving!!

Re: MerNation Tail Review*****

EnidDarkWater reminded me about my seams on my tail. They're visible, but not really noticeable. Here's a photo of what I mean:
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1395904388783.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  45.4 KB

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Dottie