Thread: Skype meetups?

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar

Skype meetups?

So I was thinking it might be cool to start having regular meetups online. I'd love to start doing more as a pod and building up our group in this area.
    I was thinking we could have a scheduled meeting maybe once a week or every two weeks. We could use google hangouts or Skype .

Any thoughts?

Sent from my Huawei-H867G using Tapatalk

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    tinychat has been mentioned in other threads, as a videoconferencing solution.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

That's definitely an option if that's what people prefer. I'm not familiar with that program, and I think you have to pay for the application to use on a mobile device, but I don't see why not otherwise.

TinyChat and Google Hangouts are preferable. For Skype you have to pay for premium membership ($9.99 a month) if you want to do more than just a 1 on 1, but if a person in the call has it you can have up to 10 people on cam at once. TinyChat can have up to 12 people on mic camera and/or mic and unlimited in the chat box (I've seen more than 200 people in a room there). Google hangouts you can have 10 people on cam/mic and have up to 100 people in chat. The tiny chat for mobile devices is $0.99.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

I think it would be heaps of fun!!! I'm totally in.

Scuttle
    : I haven't seen this in years, this is wonderful!

Ariel: What is it?
    Scuttle: A banded, bulbous snarfblatt.
    Ariel, Flounder: Oh.

Just to clarify, I'm bringing this up not for video conferences outside mernetwork in general (this has already been covered and I assume still being done) but specifically for pod meetups for Chesapeake. I'm trying to think of ways to get people in my area more involved.

And lollikit, I'm not saying this to exclude you, I don't see why people in other pods should be excluded from participating, though I might encourage you to also get together with people from your pod

Thank you for the info, Iona, I can see that Skype will probably not be the best tool for this.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    That would be swell!

it sucks no being able to drive

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod
    I would love to chat with others from the pod

I'm very late but how do we feel about groupme?

I'm not positive but I think I've seen a mermaid discord link floating around somewhere. It might take a bit of searching before I can find it though.

Edit: My bad, I clicked on this thread from the links in the sidebar, I didn't realize it was for a specific pod. Sorry, I'm not local to you guys so I wouldn't know if there's an existing chat for you guys or not. I do recommend discord though, it's very convenient. Facebook messenger is pretty easy to use on mobile too.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com